[ABD] TinyMCE integration

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Neuropass

Re: [DEV] TinyMCE integration

Post by Neuropass »

i can't figure it out. I t would be way easier for you to support subsilver2 based themes, i'm sure if you try it once you would understand right away the problem. PLease..!!!!
garak
Name: Massimiliano Arione

Post by garak »

Neuropass wrote:i can't figure it out. I t would be way easier for you to support subsilver2 based themes, i'm sure if you try it once you would understand right away the problem. PLease..!!!!
I just can't, it's impossible.
How can I know every single theme? Even if I could, what about possible future themes?
And how can I consider every possible custom emoticon? There are likely thousands of them, including all in a single javascript would lead to performances issues.
I'm sorry.
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

garak wrote:
Neuropass wrote:i can't figure it out. I t would be way easier for you to support subsilver2 based themes, i'm sure if you try it once you would understand right away the problem. PLease..!!!!
I just can't, it's impossible.
How can I know every single theme? Even if I could, what about possible future themes?
And how can I consider every possible custom emoticon? There are likely thousands of them, including all in a single javascript would lead to performances issues.
I'm sorry.

no man you misunderstood me... every mod here has a prosilver edits and subsilver2 edits.

that is what i 'm asking you. a lot of people are using subsilver2 based themes.. if you can take a look at it you could include it in your mod. that will make everybody happy. otherwise this mod is just limited to prosilver based themes....

Do you know what i mean now?? it would be way easier for you to install the subsilver2 based theme and try your edits, then you'll understand righ away the problem with subsilver2 ... c'mon, this is a great mod, make it available for subsilver too!! PLEASE!!
garak

Post by garak »

Sorry for my misunderstanding.
Anyway, you're talking about a legacy template. I remember I had a look to it some times ago, and I know it's really ugly (e.g. table-based).
I think everyone should be encouraged to abandon it in favor of prosilver.
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

Please just take a look at subliver2 ... it will matter of few line changes for you.. i want this mod so badly...
i can't switch to prosilver, i have to many mods installed and my forum is super busy..

please... i'm sure other users will use the subsilver 2 edits.
stathisch

Post by stathisch »

Nice MOD, will be keeping an eye on this.
garak wrote:Sorry for my misunderstanding.
Anyway, you're talking about a legacy template. I remember I had a look to it some times ago, and I know it's really ugly (e.g. table-based).
You've got a point there, I myself hate table-based templates, but come on, I mean its like a 5 minute job, and many people use Subsilver2-based. ;)
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

stathisch wrote:Nice MOD, will be keeping an eye on this.
garak wrote:Sorry for my misunderstanding.
You've got a point there, I myself hate table-based templates, but come on, I mean its like a 5 minute job, and many people use Subsilver2-based. ;)

finally another here to support my point.
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

no way eh??? geez.. :roll:
garak

Post by garak »

Frankly: I don't like so much phpBB. I hope they'll do something good with next major release, but I see the major issue: back-compatibility.
For the same reason you're stuck with an ugly theme, the whole project is stuck with ugly php code.
I like programming, but only when it's exciting and giving satisfaction. Any other way of programming is boring, and I can do it only paid.
So, anyone is welcome to adapt my code and get it working with obsolete stuff (it's open source, baby!).
But don't ask me. Any more.
stimart

Post by stimart »

Hi to everybody!

Here my solution about subsilver!
Edit all steps but stop on step 7 and use following instead the official one, so:

7 - edit styles/prosilver/template/posting_body.html

Code: Select all

<textarea name="message" rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="3" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onfocus="initInsertions();" style="width: 98%;">{MESSAGE}</textarea>
replace with:

Code: Select all

<textarea class="rich" <!-- IF S_UCP_ACTION and not S_PRIVMSGS and not S_EDIT_DRAFT -->name="signature" id="signature" style="height: 9em;"<!-- ELSE -->name="message" id="message"<!-- ENDIF --> rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="3" o    nselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" class="inputbox">{MESSAGE}{DRAFT_MESSAGE}{SIGNATURE}</textarea>
I don't test it so please let me know if it works, ok?
xxl2005

Post by xxl2005 »

1 - can i use it with subsilver2 ??? how ?
2 - can use it as a quick reply mod ??? how ?
3 - can i install it on 3.0.5 or 3.0.6 ???

thanks for everythings !!! :oops:
kokoro31

Post by kokoro31 »

Hello,

Nice Mod but that does'nt work with PhpBB 3.0.5.
I've made all changes listed in the topic, cleared the Phpbb cache and the template (prosilver) cache but TinyMce is not displayed.

Is there anything else to do with PhpBB 3.0.5. ?

Thank you.
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

forget about getting help from the author of this Snippet. They should probably lock this topic. :roll:
garak

Post by garak »

Neuropass wrote:forget about getting help from the author of this Snippet. They should probably lock this topic. :roll:
This looks like a bit of trolling to me. :(
I'm just giving my help in free time, as a volunteer, just like thousand of other people working on open source stuff do.
If you want more, pay me. :ugeek:
garak

Post by garak »

kokoro31 wrote:Hello,

Nice Mod but that does'nt work with PhpBB 3.0.5.
I've made all changes listed in the topic, cleared the Phpbb cache and the template (prosilver) cache but TinyMce is not displayed.

Is there anything else to do with PhpBB 3.0.5. ?

Thank you.
I just tried with phpBB 3.0.6 (the current latest version) and actually found that HTML code of textarea (in step 7) ha small changes. You can simply make it working adding the class "rich" instead of replace entire textarea HTML code (like suggested at the end of step 7 itself).

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”