[BETA] Force re-activation 1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
deepblue

[BETA] Force re-activation 1.0

Post by deepblue »

Let's see...I've never done this before.

Story so far: Sending mail from my server hadn't worked in about a year, so I had to turn off user activation, and thus, I have plenty of users and trolls with fake email addresses that registsred for the server. Finally, I now have email working again. How to validate all the users that now exist? This script deactivates everyone, and then sends them all the activation emails so that users with legitimate email addresses can activate themselves. Give your users a week to update their email addresses, and then run this script. It is also possible to force re-activation of a single user.

Code: Select all

############################################################## 
## MOD Title: Force Re-activation
## MOD Author: Deepblue < [email protected] > (Vic Vijayakumar) http://www.bluethings.net 
## MOD Description: Forces users to reactivate so as to validate their email addresses.
## MOD Version:  1.0.0
## 
## Installation Level: easy
## Installation Time: 2 Minutes 
## Files To Edit: (2) 
##          lang_main.php
##          lang_admin.php
## Included Files: (4) 
##          admin_force_reactivate.php
##          usercp_reactivate.php
##          admin_force_reactivate.tpl
##	    admin_force_reactivate.tpl
## For Security Purposes, Please Check: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/ for the 
## latest version of this MOD. Downloading this MOD from other sites could cause malicious code 
## to enter into your phpBB Forum. As such, phpBB will not offer support for MOD's not offered 
## in our MOD-Database, located at: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/
### Author Notes: 
##
##      This is for forums like mine where I had to turn off activation for a while
##      since sendmail wasn't functioning well. Thus, I had a lot of users with invalid [email protected]
##	type email addresses. This mod deactivates everyone, and forces them to reactivate.
##
###
## MOD History:
##
##     2004-05-06 - version 1.0.0 BETA   
##        - First BETA release.
##
## Before Adding This MOD To Your Forum, You Should Back Up All Files Related To This MOD 
:arrow: Download this mod.

Comments, suggestions, criticism invited. :)
Cain is for Charlie and Delta is for Cain.
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

Nice mod... but something that I would need is that some of the people who sign up NEVER recieve the activation e-mail.

How bout a page in the site that sends another activation e-mail?
Rookie7

Post by Rookie7 »

Great mod! Like theanimewizard said, how 'bout making it available to members so they can resend the activation key if they didn't get one when they registered (like invisionboard).
diablo0

Post by diablo0 »

I seem to be having a problem, maybe someone can help me. Everything seems to be working but the link in the e-mail. It'll deactivate the account and send the e-mail out but when the person gets it and clicks the link it takes them strait to the index of the forum and doesn't activate the account. Any ideas?
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

What I would find useful is if it was date triggered. Specifically that Admin can set it via ACP that once a user has been a member for ex. 120 days (based on their signup date in sql), they get an email forcing them to activate the account.

Possibly even requiring login at the screen itself with a random generated password they have to enter, so autoreply ("vacation message") mailboxes can't trigger activation. The idea is this forces members to maintain a valid mailbox throughout membership.

That would help control fake accounts and bots, and help reduce the number of ceased members taking up space in the userlist.
safeTsurfa
Need help? First READ THIS
Personal projects: My Mods
cecilyen

Post by cecilyen »

This must be great, if this mod can trigger by date. :D
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

There is a MOD already exists over at phpbbhacks.com, which forces users to change their password at intervals set in the Admin Panel, and also to force new password at next login for individual users. The code in that which controls the date/next login checks could be added to this one to provide this "time out" feature.
Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

(Protect user account @ db9 is that hack)
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

Well, the author of this MOD has never updated or answered anything. Guess we can consider this one a dead topic? :?
ludedude

PLEASE help...need a sql statement written

Post by ludedude »

Please someone, I tried this and my emails did not go out! 8O
I tried it on a test board and it worked, tried it on my live one and no go...but all users are deactivated.

Can someone tell me how to write a SQL statement to set all users to active again...

I can't figure it out...I can re-activate myself through phpmyadmin...but I don't want to have to do each one manually. I tried to edit the Mod so that it would change them all to 1's instead of 0's but still no go...

I know...should have made a backup :oops: ...but I couldn't, I'm on dial-up and only have access to high speed limited times :( it always times out when I try to make back-ups of the database.
ludedude

Post by ludedude »

Got it myself thanks...was just hoping someone could help me faster :lol:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users
SET user_active=1

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”