Installation Issue + Folder Permission

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Amarbir

Installation Issue + Folder Permission

Post by Amarbir »

Hello Guys ,
I Have Downloaded the stable Release 3.0.5 And Done the following

1 :Extracted Locally to A folder On My Computer
2 :Uploaded To a Folder Called forum In My public_html
3 :Then i changed the Permissions of Just the folder "NOT THE FILES & FOLDER Inside " As Per The quick Install Guide .Can You Tell Me Do i Have to change Permission For the Files And Folders Inside The Said Folder Of Just The Permission of The Top Folder .
4 :After Doing this I Tried a Install And After Going To First Stage i Get a Message

Please Suggest And Help .
Attachments
phpbb Install Issue.jpg
phpbb Install Issue.jpg (164.35 KiB) Viewed 430 times
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Installation Issue + Folder Permission

Post by KevC »

This is an issue with your host.

Either ask them if they can turn on the pdo module or see if you can select SQL instead of SQLite for the database type.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Amarbir

Post by Amarbir »

Kevin Clark wrote:This is an issue with your host.

Either ask them if they can turn on the pdo module or see if you can select SQL instead of SQLite for the database type.

Thanks Sir ,
How Can One Select SQL Instead of SQlite For Data base Type .Also Can You Tell Me If i Have To Set Permission of Just the Folder Or The Folder And All Files Under That Folder As Given in quick Install Section .
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Amarbir wrote:How Can One Select SQL Instead of SQlite For Data base Type
On the second page of the installation where you choose the database type, if you can do it, the option will be there. If not, you can't.
Amarbir wrote:Also Can You Tell Me If i Have To Set Permission of Just the Folder Or The Folder And All Files Under That Folder As Given in quick Install Section .
Just the folder.
The only file that needs permissions set is the config.php file.
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Amarbir

Post by Amarbir »

Kevin Clark wrote:
Amarbir wrote:How Can One Select SQL Instead of SQlite For Data base Type
On the second page of the installation where you choose the database type, if you can do it, the option will be there. If not, you can't.
Amarbir wrote:Also Can You Tell Me If i Have To Set Permission of Just the Folder Or The Folder And All Files Under That Folder As Given in quick Install Section .
Just the folder.
The only file that needs permissions set is the config.php file.
Sir ,
Thanks For The Answer To My questions .In My Case I Cannot Select ,But i Talked To the Server Hosting Guys They Told Me To do This

Find The Following Code in functions_install.php

function can_load_dll($dll)
{
return ((@ini_get('enable_dl') || strtolower(@ini_get('enable_dl')) == 'on') && (!@ini_get('safe_mode') || strtolower(@ini_get('safe_mode')) == 'off') && @dl($dll . '.' . PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX)) ? true : false;
}

And Replace the Same With

function can_load_dll($dll)
{
return false;
return ((@ini_get('enable_dl') || strtolower(@ini_get('enable_dl')) == 'on') && (!@ini_get('safe_mode') || strtolower(@ini_get('safe_mode')) == 'off') && @dl($dll . '.' . PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX)) ? true : false;
}

PS :
Any suggestions From you On This
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

I'm not a coder but if they say try it then you have nothing to lose.
Amarbir

Post by Amarbir »

Kevin Clark wrote:I'm not a coder but if they say try it then you have nothing to lose.
Hello ,
To All Users Yes I Was Able To Install The Same With this Modification .Mind Be This Helps Someone Else .Case Closed . :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”