Proglass

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
lozt

Re: Proglass

Post by lozt »

There was only a couple of mods added to my forum, so I didnt have any problems with it.
statm
Name: Matt

Post by statm »

3.0.5 did not change anything that would disrupt this mod no.. And lozt, you deleted the old images when you added the new images that came with the mod correct?
lozt

Post by lozt »

no, i didnt delete the old one, but i overwrote it. and when i right click and viewed the image, it shows the new one and not the old.
lozt

Post by lozt »

Ok, this is really weird!

I cleared the cache both on local and in the server.. . I cleared it from the index admin page and where the style menu is at least 3 times each.

Just now I went to check the CSS via phpBB in the admin style panel and it shows the old CSS values.

I doubled checked the CSS file in the server and it shows the new edited was updated, but it just don't reflect it in the admin panel CSS.

Any idea whats causing this?
statm

Post by statm »

Could you possibly PM me your site link. So I can take a look?
lozt

Post by lozt »

I fixed the problem by editing it manually via admin panel.
Thanks for trying to help out.
statm

Post by statm »

Yea alot of times its just something little like that.. It just seemed to me like it was more than that.. Im glad you got it fixed!
Humpfldump

Post by Humpfldump »

Same for me here. The changes where applied only after the manual edit in the admin control panel.
adcantu

Post by adcantu »

Hey Statm, I was wanting to try something different. I want to use a random image script with php, to make my background change on page load.

Do you know how I could go about making it so that the background image takes up the entire background, not just the 1024px of the main section (of course im using 1024 version)? And to make the current header also transparent so the overall background is visible.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
statm

Post by statm »

Thats the main downside to using Proglass.. The header is built into the main body of the board. So the only way to do what I think your proposing is to do alittle work with a graphics program, like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop.

You would have to cut the top of the board off the bottom of the header, making sure that you get as close as you can so you don't get any sliver of the header that you will beable to see if you change the background color. The save the two pieces of the header as separate images. You will probably have less trouble getting the bottom piece to work if you save it as the same file name as the whole header was called and probably should rename the original header image to something else so you don't lose it.

There might be a height for the header in the css so you will need to replace that with the height of the bottom piece that you cut off. I actually don't remember off hand if it does or not. So look just in case.

Then you would have to take the images that you get in the 1024px mod and make them wider, as well as the bottom piece you cut off the header image. If you make them to wide they might become to stretched and won't line up with the borders of the actual board anymore, so don't make them to wide.

Once you make them wider, you have to substitute the width values you changed in the css with the 1024px mod with whatever the new width values of the images are that you just changed.

If your not using the top piece of the header that you cut off. Then any logo you use can be transparent and you will see any background you choose to use.

Note: There is not a way to make Proglass a fluid width like Prosilver because of the nature of how the layout is made by fixed width images.

Im probably leaving something out here since I haven't actually tried to do it. I think that covers everything you asked about. I hope if you decide to try this that you are successful and come back and tell me how it went.
adcantu

Post by adcantu »

Ok I found a simple solution. What I did was edited the bg_header.jpg. I cut out most of the top portion of it, so only the bottom 24 pixels were left. My new image was now 24x1024px. This size doesnt have to exact, you could cut it to look however you want.

I then changed the stylesheet as follows

Code: Select all

#header-bg {
	background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/bg_header.jpg");
	background-position: bottom left;
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
what I changed was the background-position to be bottom instead of top.

It is now transparent and I can see the background behind it. Im still working on modifying the themes (using both proglass and proglass red) so I will be sure to post a link here once I am finished, hopefully in the next few days.
statm

Post by statm »

Well, I am accused of being long winded all the time.. So, what you said was basically what I meant.. :roll: I was wondering if my description sounded to complicated or not..
adcantu

Post by adcantu »

no sir, you put me in the right direction for certain. However I really only had to take those two steps to achieve what I was looking for. So I wanted to share my exact method with anyone else who may look in the future.
statm

Post by statm »

Oh, well you mentioned wanting to make the board wider(at least what I thought you meant) and that was what made my directions alittle longer than they would have been otherwise.
adcantu

Post by adcantu »

Ah I see the confusion :D I wanted to make the background of the entire page visible as a single fluid image, with it also visible behind the site logo. I still wanted to keep the overall layout 1024 size.

Thanks for the help!

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”