ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
lefty74

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 »

AzAce wrote:I wanna modify the mod so I can add some static stuff that isn't editable by the ACP. Just the style templates.

Like this site: http://www.cnsparta.com/forum

The government stuff, I wanna add something like that to my site here: http://www.cn-slap.com
it's the announcement_centre.html you need to edit.
Sir Glen wrote:
lefty74 wrote:
Sir Glen wrote:Hey Lefty, just thought I'd check in and see if you'd looked into my earlier query. Thanks again!
hey sir glen, sorry. no, not yet.
Hey, it's not a big deal, you are obviously quite busy. Maybe consider multiple group-based announcements as a feature for the next version?
if i make a new version, i will consider it.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
magnamaniac

Post by magnamaniac »

I changed language/nl/acp/common.php as well as language/en/acp/common.php
Could this cause this problem?
magnamaniac

Post by magnamaniac »

anybody any idea?
jhoskins98

3.0.5 upgrade half done

Post by jhoskins98 »

Wanted to post some information about some problems I was having on the install. I though I had gotten it working because it showed up in the MODs list on APC. I had not run the install.php there so it was not complete. The Announcement Center showed up under .MOD and when I click on announcement config, it gave me an SQL error about the table not existing.

When I went back to run the install.php, it gave me an error on the table create stage on db_tool.php. When I looked at the file, it was 35K or so and the version from 3.0.5 was 47K. Evidently, my upgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 (it was originally a 3.0.4 fresh install) did not take. I am having to go through and ensure that all of 3.0.5 was upgraded even though the system check in APC says it was. I need to make sure that I don't step on the changes that were made during the MOD install.

The MOD is great but as this is my one an only MOD that I plan to use it might be nice to have the five steps listed. 120 some pages is a lot to go through.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

magnamaniac wrote:anybody any idea?
can you set me up with a temp ftp and temp admin account so i can ahve a look?
jhoskins98 wrote:Wanted to post some information about some problems I was having on the install. I though I had gotten it working because it showed up in the MODs list on APC. I had not run the install.php there so it was not complete. The Announcement Center showed up under .MOD and when I click on announcement config, it gave me an SQL error about the table not existing.

When I went back to run the install.php, it gave me an error on the table create stage on db_tool.php. When I looked at the file, it was 35K or so and the version from 3.0.5 was 47K. Evidently, my upgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 (it was originally a 3.0.4 fresh install) did not take. I am having to go through and ensure that all of 3.0.5 was upgraded even though the system check in APC says it was. I need to make sure that I don't step on the changes that were made during the MOD install.

The MOD is great but as this is my one an only MOD that I plan to use it might be nice to have the five steps listed. 120 some pages is a lot to go through.
hi, it should have not showed up under the .mods tab without running the install file.

if this is the only mod you have on your board and you have made the database upgrade to 3.0.5, the easiest would probably be to overwrite your files (except the config.php file) and then reapply the mod changes. after that, run the install/index.php file and you should be ok to go.

with everything you do when it comes to tinkering with the files/database, i would make sure to back everything up and it would probably better if you tried this out on a local copy first. here is some info on how to set up a local host http://wiki.phpbb.com/Localhost .

p.s. what 5 steps are you referring to?
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
magnamaniac

Post by magnamaniac »

sorry for this completely useless post, but I'm apparantly required to have 5 posts to sent a PM and I don't like to put ftp-accounts on a public forum for everybody to read.
sszackfair

Post by sszackfair »

I have just installed your MOD, but the menus are not show up. Any ideas?
simon.colton

Post by simon.colton »

ive installed this via the AutoMod, I have check the skins you have apply this to, and also the admin CP, but it wont show in both, admin and styles. can you tell me why?
daxguy_016

Post by daxguy_016 »

Thanx for the Mod i have made the changes asked manually.. but i cant see any visible changes in the in the forum index page.. i wanted Announcement to be displayed in the index page.. did the changes create any option in ACP?? if yes can i know how to deal with them and how to put on my announcements?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

sszackfair wrote:I have just installed your MOD, but the menus are not show up. Any ideas?
simon.colton wrote:ive installed this via the AutoMod, I have check the skins you have apply this to, and also the admin CP, but it wont show in both, admin and styles. can you tell me why?
did you doubleckeck all your edits?
did you upload all the files?
did you run the install/index.php file?
did you refresh you style(s)?
daxguy_016 wrote:Thanx for the Mod i have made the changes asked manually.. but i cant see any visible changes in the in the forum index page.. i wanted Announcement to be displayed in the index page.. did the changes create any option in ACP?? if yes can i know how to deal with them and how to put on my announcements?
yes, have a look at the screenshots posted. did you run the install/index.php file?
lefty74
beggers

Post by beggers »

The demo site for this mod shows that the announcement is picking up the last topic posted in a forum. If that's really an option, then this is exactly what I've been looking for. :)

What I'm hoping to be able to do is to create a moderator-posting only forum so that moderators can post topics in there for display in the announcements block.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

thats one way to do it, the other would be to let moderators make announcements via the mcp.
lefty74
sszackfair

Post by sszackfair »

THANKS!! for the good stuff lefty74!!
beggers

Post by beggers »

I have two questions:

Does this mod require 3.05? I'm running an earlier version but just wondering if that's a problem. Not practical to upgrade at this time.

Also, I just tried installing it and got this error:

Language file info_acp_announcement_centre.php couldn't be opened

The file is there.
daxguy_016

Post by daxguy_016 »

I just installed the ACP announcement MOD and its working perfectly for mee.. i jus wanted to know if there is any option in this mod to show all the recent posts as announcements???

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”