[2.0.8] Forum Permissions List

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
67%
Very Good
24%
Good
8%
Fair
No votes
Poor
1%

Total votes: 79

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

You do not need the attachment MOD for this one. The files in the addon folder just explain how to make this MOD work with other MODs which you may have installed.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
boon.cc

Post by boon.cc »

OK, but... if I want to install later the atachment mod, I will have troubles
???
BOON ;)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

This is a very useful mod which I've adapted so that selected moderators can also use it (prevent deleting and banning admin and restricting use of ug_auth). (using ModCP).

The delete error has to be fixed though, I found out the hard way :oops: and it took me more time to reinstall myself as admin than to modify the files.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
boon.cc

Post by boon.cc »

???

Don´t understand you.

Finally I installed it.
Very nice :)
BOON ;)
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

boon.cc: No you won't have problems. I you install the attach mod later, just follow the extra instructions to adapt this to work with it.

warmweer: What delete error?
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
blowfish

Post by blowfish »

Hi boon.cc

I have the attachment mos installed with this one. all I had to do was take the code that the attachment mod inserts into admin_forumauth.php into admin_forumauth_list.php and it works :)
Regards
Brett
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Graham wrote: warmweer: What delete error?

Oops, multiple thousandfold apologies offered. My post was meant to be in the Admin user-list MOD topic and has absolutely nothing to do with this mod. (Where the h*ll was I when I posted this :? )

And since I'm here now anyway I might as well mention that I'm using your Mod also and that there are no errors in it (at least none that I have noticed).

Very useful mod.

Hmm, just remembered that I'm using the forum permissions mod and not this latest version (including categories). So I'll upgrade very soon and probably confirm that it works like a charm.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

warmweer wrote: Hmm, just remembered that I'm using the forum permissions mod and not this latest version (including categories). So I'll upgrade very soon and probably confirm that it works like a charm.

Actually, I wasn't even using this mod but Smartor's (which worked perfectly well from 2.0.4 to 2.0.8a).

Anyway, This one's been installed and, as I expected, also works perfectly. Especially the Category part saves even more time (as I like to have different settings on a per category basis). So I'm removing Smartor's and keeping your's (sorry Smartor)

So, on a final note I hope to have repaired any damages done by my earlier wayward post (blame it on the wine).

Choakster

Hmmm

Post by Choakster »

Code: Select all

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/public_html/Forum/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php:755) in /usr/home/public_html/Forum/admin/index.php on line 582

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/public_html/Forum/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php:755) in /usr/home/public_html/Forum/admin/index.php on line 583

OK heres the deal I know this isnt a reall official fix but hey it works. It is the ghetto fix and works flawlessly for anyone having this problem ..

1. Get a fresh copy of subSilver
2. Go to the the subSilver/language/language_eng in the fresh copy.
3. Find the lang_admin.php and copy it
4. Go to where ever you have the lang_admin.php file that you edited when following the mod install.
5. Delete it and replace it with the new one from the fresh subSilver one.
6. DO NOT EDIT THE FILE AFTER YOU REPLACE IT >.

Everyhting will go back to normal and the mod will be there for ya ..
I know it says you need to edit the file in the above structs but dont. I dunno why but it casues a conflict with the index.php. Well at least it did with the way my host works although Im not so sure it was my host ..
Any way theres the fix Good luck
wendynovianto

Topic Calendar

Post by wendynovianto »

How about with topic calendar? I think they make changes to the permission as well, by adding a new field for calendar permission. Is it possible fo this mod to be able to set the permission for calendar?

I think it would be fancy if it's able to do that.

Thanks...
wendynovianto

Sorry!!!

Post by wendynovianto »

First of all...

I need to say sorry, because I did post a message regarding about the addon with Mod Topic Calendar. There was somebody else asking the same quesiton and there has been a solution for this as well, so I apologize for not reading all the message in this forum...

Thanks...
croXs

Post by croXs »

http://www.grahameames.co.uk/phpbb/

there is an updated version. can mods please check whether it is safe? better version is always better :wink:

-edit just saw it on the 2nd page sorry... :oops:
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.1
See first post for Download Link
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Thanks wGEric :)
o0_STYX_0o

Post by o0_STYX_0o »

Hi All,

I'm a beginner with php and phpbb forums, i don't know how to install this mod without damaging my forum. (i had to reïnstall my forum twice allready when i installed my other mods) I have easy_mod and attachment_mod installed. I think this mod will make admin the forums more easy but i'm affraid i will mess up my forum. Can anybody please help me with a good "walkthrough" on how i should install this mod? I have read the file that comes with the download but it doesn't help me much.

Thanks...
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, and then used against you.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”