ACP Add User MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
wired076

Re: ACP Add User MOD

Post by wired076 »

garree001 wrote:Hi, new to this, so bear with me!

I followed the instructions word-for-word when I was installing. All was going well until I got to:

Select “Add User Account” from the Module drop-down menu and click “Go”.

I clicked "Go" and then there was an error message. Now I am unable to access Module Management > Administration Control Panel. When I click to access the panel, I get the message:

General Error
Module not accessible

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster.

I am a bit puzzled as I am the administrator! Been and checked the permissions and nothing suggests I won't have access. Please help!

Thanks
Do you happen to know what error message you received when you clicked go?

What version of phpBB are you running?
garree001

Post by garree001 »

I'm afraid I don't know what the error message was. I thought that my internet connection went funny and just navigated away to get back again. Wish I had made a not of it now! :(

I am running version 3.0.5.
wired076

Post by wired076 »

garree001 wrote:I'm afraid I don't know what the error message was. I thought that my internet connection went funny and just navigated away to get back again. Wish I had made a not of it now! :(

I am running version 3.0.5.
I can't think of anything off the top of my head on how to fix this but I do remember that this issue is when the mod hasn't correctly installed itself into the ACP and the ACP is looking for the module but it doesn't exist.

It is too late now for me to do much more for you on this side of the world. I will see what I can dig up tomorrow in my notes.
garree001

Post by garree001 »

Thanks :) I have had to reinstall my forum as I couldn't do anything with it, but it would be very handy to know if you have anything on this so I know how to avoid it in the future!

Thanks again, G.
Last edited by garree001 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wired076

Post by wired076 »

garree001 wrote:Thanks :o) I have had to reinstall my forum as I couldn't do anything with it, but it would be very handy to know if you have anything on this so I know how to avoid it in the future!

Thanks again, G.
I have found another topic with a similar issue on this. Have a read of this! http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1783555

Let me know if that helps to explain what went wrong or what you can do next time.
garree001

Post by garree001 »

Thanks for digging that out. I shall keep it in mind when I try to install that mod again and let you know. Don't know when it'll be as I am waiting for someone on another thread to give me their assistance on another mod before I can set things up and run with it. Guess this is what happens when you want to do an operation and train a chimp (moi) to carry it out :D :lol:
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

*made a error*

Sorry, please delete.
w91754

Post by w91754 »

●Windows XP SR3
●Cable
●Apache/2.2.12 (Win32)
● PHP 5.3.0
●phpMyAdmin 3.2.0.1
●phpBB 3.0.5
●MySQL 5.1.37
●prosilver

I am able to download acp_add_user_mod.zip and following your instruction as the following:

File Copy

Copy: root/adm/style/acp_add_user.html
To: adm/style/acp_add_user.html ....................................done

Copy: root/includes/acp/info/acp_add_user.php
To: includes/acp/info/acp_add_user.php..............................done

Copy: root/includes/acp/acp_add_user.php
To: includes/acp/acp_add_user.php....................................done

Copy: root/language/en/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php
To: language/en/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php................done

Edits
s↑↓
Use your keyboard to navigate the code boxes. You may also hit 's' on your keyboard to go to the first code box.

DIY Instructions
These are manual instructions that cannot be performed automatically. You should follow these instructions carefully.

Code:Select All
Navigate to:
Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > .......yes, I can see

But I cannot find the following:

Users > Groups > Users

Please show me where it is? Thanks,
  • ● Apache 2.4.18 PHP 5.5.33 phpMyAdmin 4.6.0
    ● phpBB 3.1.8 MySQL 5.6.28
    hktaitung.com/forum wongsiu.us/forum2 prosilver
[/size]
wired076

Post by wired076 »

w91754 wrote:●Windows XP SR3
●Cable
●Apache/2.2.12 (Win32)
● PHP 5.3.0
●phpMyAdmin 3.2.0.1
●phpBB 3.0.5
●MySQL 5.1.37
●prosilver

I am able to download acp_add_user_mod.zip and following your instruction as the following:

File Copy

Edits
s↑↓
Use your keyboard to navigate the code boxes. You may also hit 's' on your keyboard to go to the first code box.

DIY Instructions
These are manual instructions that cannot be performed automatically. You should follow these instructions carefully.

Navigate to:
Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > .......yes, I can see

Users > Groups > Users

The DIY Instruction locations are incorrect.

Please follow this one:

Code: Select all

Navigate to:
Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users
Select “Add User Account” from the Module drop-down menu and click “Add Module”.
Then click “Enable” on the Module.
Browse to ACP > Users & Groups > Add Users and confirm install!
w91754

Post by w91754 »

wired076 wrote:
w91754 wrote:●Windows XP SR3
●Cable
●Apache/2.2.12 (Win32)
● PHP 5.3.0
●phpMyAdmin 3.2.0.1
●phpBB 3.0.5
●MySQL 5.1.37
●prosilver

File Copy

Edits
s↑↓

DIY Instructions

Navigate to:

Users > Groups > Users

The DIY Instruction locations are incorrect.

Please follow this one:

Code: Select all

Navigate to:
Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users
Select “Add User Account” from the Module drop-down menu and click “Add Module”.
Then click “Enable” on the Module.
Browse to ACP > Users & Groups > Add Users and confirm install!

Thank you for quick respond. Please see the following pictures that I am not able to find “Add Module” or “Add User Account” . Please help, thanks again.
Attachments
Can you let me know where the "Add Module" is? I still cannot find it.
Can you let me know where the "Add Module" is? I still cannot find it.
mod1.jpg (31.84 KiB) Viewed 794 times
I guess, I should choose &quot;Manage users&quot;, but I am not able find  &quot;Add Module<br /><br /><br /><br />'
I guess, I should choose "Manage users", but I am not able find "Add Module

'
mod2.jpg (37.57 KiB) Viewed 794 times
[/size]
wired076

Post by wired076 »

No problems.

Please see screenshot that shows where this is located!
acp.png
acp.png (43.45 KiB) Viewed 784 times
Let us know if you need any more help.
w91754

Post by w91754 »

wired076 wrote:No problems.

Please see screenshot that shows where this is located!
acp.png
Let us know if you need any more help.
Yes, it works. Thank you very much, wired076!

can I ask you three questions:

1) How did you get your beautiful screenshot? How did you use red color marker on it?
I usually hit"Print screen" key, then paste it in ProtoImpact, too trouble!

For example:http://myskitch.com/highwayoflife/add_u ... 205618.jpg

2) After I added a new username and email address in localhost, then logout. login again, I just discover "password" here. How do I enter password when I add a new user in "Add User" form?

3) In ADD User form from "Uaer and Group>add user, first line is username, second line is e-mail address. How do I add an new line "Chinese Name" between username and email address.

Please advise.

Thanks again.
[/size]
wired076

Post by wired076 »

w91754 wrote:1) How did you get your beautiful screenshot? How did you use red color marker on it?

I use Windows 7 to create my screenshots. The way I do this is to use the snipping tool to select what I want to capture on teh screen and then I open up Paint and paste the image into Paint. After this I put a box around the sections I want to highlight. This can then be attached to phpBB by clicking on the upload attachment section and uploading the screenshot.
w91754 wrote:2) After I added a new username and email address in localhost, then logout. login again, I just discover "password" here. How do I enter password when I add a new user in "Add User" form?
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... d#p3193672
or
will allow you to either create teh password yourself or just display the password when creating the user.
w91754 wrote:3) In ADD User form from "Uaer and Group>add user, first line is username, second line is e-mail address. How do I add an new line "Chinese Name" between username and email address.
Have a look at this post from HoL http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... d#p5640265 this hints towards creating a new profile field that is required upon registration. This may then still need to be added to the ADD User MOD settings in the ACP depending on how HoL has coded this mod.

Please let us know how you go and good luck.
w91754

Post by w91754 »

wired076 wrote:
w91754 wrote:1) How did you get your beautiful screenshot? How did you use red color marker on it?

I use Windows 7 to create my screenshots. The way I do this is to use the snipping tool to select what I want to capture on teh screen and then I open up Paint and paste the image into Paint. After this I put a box around the sections I want to highlight. This can then be attached to phpBB by clicking on the upload attachment section and uploading the screenshot.
w91754 wrote:2) After I added a new username and email address in localhost, then logout. login again, I just discover "password" here. How do I enter password when I add a new user in "Add User" form?
or
will allow you to either create teh password yourself or just display the password when creating the user.
w91754 wrote:3) In ADD User form from "Uaer and Group>add user, first line is username, second line is e-mail address. How do I add an new line "Chinese Name" between username and email address.
Have a look at this post from HoL http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... d#p5640265 this hints towards creating a new profile field that is required upon registration. This may then still need to be added to the ADD User MOD settings in the ACP depending on how HoL has coded this mod.

Oh! I already read it before, but I forget. Thank you for your tips.

I find the following strange statement in /includes/acp/acp_add_user.php
"'new_password' => array(
array('string', false, $config['min_pass_chars'], $config['max_pass_chars'])),"
may be extra one. Let me know if you want me to remove it out?

After I get your respond, I will start to test. Many thanks.....
Attachments
adduser2.jpg
adduser2.jpg (106.94 KiB) Viewed 736 times
[/size]
wired076

Post by wired076 »

w91754 wrote:
wired076 wrote:

or

Oh! I already read it before, but I forget. Thank you for your tips.

I find the following strange statement in /includes/acp/acp_add_user.php
"'new_password' => array(
array('string', false, $config['min_pass_chars'], $config['max_pass_chars'])),"
may be extra one. Let me know if you want me to remove it out?

After I get your respond, I will start to test. Many thanks.....
No problems.

You should not have this twice.

You have made some edits here yourself. If you are trying to make changes you will need to update the 'new_password' as you can't have this defined twice.

What are you trying to achieve by doing this? ie is this following on before and if so which step is this?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”