Multiple Moderators

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
woodley
I've Been Banned!

Multiple Moderators

Post by woodley » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:36 pm

I've just installed phpBB and were taking off quite nicely ( forst day we already have 42 users) and I'm considring making a team for moderators. Now, is it possible to have a usergroup where every member is a moderator? Also, if my forum continues to grow, I may have to assign multiple administrators to trusted users. Is this possible?

warmweer

Re: Multiple Moderators

Post by warmweer » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:33 pm

Make a new group and assign moderator status to that group for each forum you want.
As for admin status, yes you can make any user an admin (or even a usergroup) BUT remember that an admin has total access and if any conflict arises in the future, you might have a problem. Only give adùmin rights to a very trustworthy person.

Personally I would go for a mod which gives extra rights to a moderator. Examples are Junior Admin Mod and Supermoderator Mod (both which can be found in the MOD Development forum I think). I use an adapted version of ModCP (http://mods.db9.dk/viewforum.php?f=57) which should be useful as a start.
My board's not broken, it just went peculiar

Erisar
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Sarmany

Post by Erisar » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:53 pm

Yes, it is possible to assign a group of moderators to various forums. For detailed information, take a look at the phpBB User Guide, section 3.3. To assign members administrative privileges, you would need to adjust their user level; take a look once again at the phpBB User Guide, section 3.5.4.1 for more information. :)

Moved to phpBB Support.
My Twitter · Erisar Design [Web Development and Graphic Design]

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”