[RELEASE] DST MOD (daylight savings time)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Shannado

Post by Shannado »

Sven Ansem wrote: Maybe if I have the time this weekend/tonight I make a separate file, so you dont have to use the program phpmyadmin

I had some time over :green:
And I have made an ADD ON for the admin control panel
you can download it here

I'm the only who have tested it !!! It works for me, but be carefull. I am just a human being and can make mistakes !! Make a backup before you use this !!!

Plz. let me know if you encounter problems !

It works only with the great DST MOD of bluelegend
Last edited by Shannado on Thu May 23, 2002 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greets,
Sven
Cane Corso Forum
blulegend

Post by blulegend »

TheatreTechie wrote: Has there been a final realease of this mod yet?

Suggestion- Have a dropdown menu next to the time in the profile for the dates that DST is for. The user cold select the start and end times. I would do something like this but i know next to nothing about php (going to try and learn some over the summer).

I also saw this
on another board and thats what got me thinking about the dropdown menus with the start and end date so its all automatic and can be changed depending where you live. (could also be turned off if you dont ecperence it)

How hard would it be to do something like that?

I had a version that required an additional column in the user table but opted against it for some reason. But that's how this method could be used.
FunkyDuck

Post by FunkyDuck »

Sven Ansem wrote:
Sven Ansem wrote:
Maybe if I have the time this weekend/tonight I make a separate file, so you dont have to use the program phpmyadmin

I had some time over :green:
And I have made an ADD ON for the admin control panel
you can download it here

I'm the only who have tested it !!! It works for me, but be carefull. I am just a human being and can make mistakes !! Make a backup before you use this !!!

Plz. let me know if you encounter problems !

It works only with the great DST MOD of bluelegend

First I added the mod of bluelegend, but I changed it back because I do not want that users have to change the time twice a year. I think it is allright that I change the time twice a year in one handle for all users. But now I am confused because you say that your mod only will work with the mod of bluelegend wich one I deleted.
FunkyDuck
Shannado

Post by Shannado »

My addon does only updating the user_timezone in the usertable in one run. So you help your users to update the user timezone. they don't have to do it yourself

My MOD is NOT a solve for DST problem
Greets,
Sven
Cane Corso Forum
FunkyDuck

Post by FunkyDuck »

Sven Ansem wrote: My addon does only updating the user_timezone in the usertable in one run. So you help your users to update the user timezone. they don't have to do it yourself

My MOD is NOT a solve for DST problem

I do not want my users to have the ablelebility to change this in +1 or not.

I just want to do a +1 or not for all users in one move.

But now I am thinking how new members will be registrated? with the +1 or not? I didnt set the time for them when they register after a set the time forward.
FunkyDuck
Shannado

Post by Shannado »

I believe there is a small error in the HOW TO.

In the section of admin_users.php: some of the lines, which must added uses the variabele

Code: Select all

$userdata 
IMHO it must be

Code: Select all

$this_userdata
Greets,
Sven
Cane Corso Forum
Spirit-RC

Post by Spirit-RC »

I saw you guys posted your MODs in a some kind of a 'standardized' format. Is there a program that can appy such a MOD, or (if no) why don't you use the standard GNU diff to generate MODs? That would make it very easy to apply them.
testin

DST MOD

Post by testin »

The MOD works fine and is pretty useful. Is there any plan to make it standard at some point ? (along with an admin button to set anybody in the board timezone to DST)

One issue however (I wouldn't be posting otherwise), in a message you edited, the hour displayed is not modified by DST.
blulegend

Post by blulegend »

It should be as the the edited message uses the createdate function
testin

Post by testin »

blulegend wrote: It should be as the the edited message uses the createdate function

Sorry My mistake. I should stop whisky... :oops:
YellowGirls

Post by YellowGirls »

It works fine but there is one problem with the timezones!On every change on his profile the users must choose a new timezone on the drop down Menü it jumps always back to "(GMT -12:00 Hours) Eniwetok, Kwajalein" the same is in ACP Panel on User Adjustments!

Have anyone an idea how i can fix it?

Greets YellowGirls :)

BTW:Sorry for my bad English :oops:

EDIT: It´s not on profile it´s only when an admin change a user profile on ACP Panel!!!As i have installed the Mod i cant find this part on admin_users.php:
$user_timezone = $userdata['user_timezone'];

but there is:
$user_timezone = $this_userdata['user_timezone'];
is it that what you mean?
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Well i have the same problem with userprofile an i can´t find this part too!

Jameson
YellowGirls

Post by YellowGirls »

Is there anyone they can help me? I can´t find this Part on admin_users.php:

Please Help!!

YellowGirls
YellowGirls

Post by YellowGirls »

thx for your help :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Is there nobody that have install this mod and can say me where i find this part????

YellowGirls
Jameson

Post by Jameson »

@bluelegend I have install your DST Mod!First i will say it is a great Mod but there are some troubles in Admin User Administration.One of the lines i can´t find this part is not on admin_users.php :

i think it must be called:
$user_timezone = $this_userdata['user_timezone'];

the same with this line:
// OLD $user_timezone = $userdata['user_timezone'];
$user_timezone = ( $userdata['user_timezone'] > 12 ) ? $userdata['user_timezone'] - 50 : $userdata['user_timezone']; // DST MOD

must i called so?
// OLD $user_timezone = $this_userdata['user_timezone'];
$user_timezone = ( $this_userdata['user_timezone'] > 12 ) ? $this_userdata['user_timezone'] - 50 : $this_userdata['user_timezone']; // DST MOD

I have tested both versions it works but there is always a problem in Admin User Administration!The Admin can´t change the timezones only the users can change it!Can you fix it because i need this mod for a german Board?

Greets Jameson :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”