[RC] mChat New version

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
sotiris25s

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by sotiris25s »

RMcGirr83 wrote:I don't know any other way of saying it, works on my forum.

Also,

root/mchat.php != http://www.myforum.com/mchat.php

As I specifically asked what the link was that you were inserting.
you are right it is working on your site.it may be becuase of my style? what chmod you have on mchat.php?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Hi, great mod and I love all the options within ACP. :)

I've excluded some BBCodes from being used but their still showing in the BBCode list. I have them entered as:

Code: Select all

flash|list|list=|code
Any ideas?

Also, how difficult would it be to get/have a new permission added so users can't be hidden in chat. I don't want to remove the option elsewhere on the board, only in chat.

Thanks!
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

spacefish wrote:Hi, great mod and I love all the options within ACP. :)

I've excluded some BBCodes from being used but their still showing in the BBCode list. I have them entered as:

Code: Select all

flash|list|list=|code
Any ideas?
They aren't removed from the posting space, only upon submit.
Also, how difficult would it be to get/have a new permission added so users can't be hidden in chat. I don't want to remove the option elsewhere on the board, only in chat.
Hmmm, never thought of that. Can you post a screen capture of what it looks like when someone posts into the chat and they are hidden?
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
sotiris25s

Post by sotiris25s »

RMcGirr83 wrote:644
it is working yet! keeps logges me out :(
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Hmmm, never thought of that. Can you post a screen capture of what it looks like when someone posts into the chat and they are hidden?
From a users perspective:

And the view as an admin:

It's the same as if you're on the main board.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Uhmmm, per your quote
It doesn't look to me as if the user is hidden or are you talking about the "who is chatting" stats?
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

RMcGirr83 wrote:It doesn't look to me as if the user is hidden or are you talking about the "who is chatting" stats?
Well, theoretically they are hidden because unless they chat you don't know they're lurking (anti social buggers) so yes I do mean the online listing. ;)
RebelChapter4x4

Post by RebelChapter4x4 »

eng-joker wrote:Thanks ,,, It is Great Mode ... :D
Hi guy's, I am running the most recent version of phpbb and am new (10 months) to this stuff and can not figure out how to add the "mini chat" feature on my forum. I know it claims it's an easy five minute install but i'm a rookie. I would like to install this on the bottom of the page not the top. Would one of you be so kind as to help me out please. ...Matt
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Install per instructions, then go to the MODS tab of ACP and open the configuration options for mChat. There's an option there to have mChat display either at the top or the bottom of your forum index page.
RebelChapter4x4

Post by RebelChapter4x4 »

spacefish wrote:Install per instructions, then go to the MODS tab of ACP and open the configuration options for mChat. There's an option there to have mChat display either at the top or the bottom of your forum index page.
I wish it was that easy for me,.. once installed I could configure it that would not be a problem. I already read the instructions. Will this work with a different style other than proSilver or subSilver ? I am currently running rainbow pearl.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Most/all other styles descend from either subSilver or prosilver so work out which of those 2 your rainbow pearl comes from and use the install instructions for the style as appropriate (edits for subSilver are in the contrib folder » subsilver2.xml).

The style edits to overall_header.html, editor.js and index_body.html are very straight forward, there shouldn't be an issue. ;)
bbtestman

Post by bbtestman »

I have read the IE8 answers so far.
The problem I have, has not been mentionted.
If have the following IE8 issue : at http://colombia.sitioso.com
As registrered user one is not allowed to put a message, but as guest allowed and displayed GUEST.
I have set the correct permissions for mchat for registered users.
I tried the demoboard and all went well as a guest.
After registering I tried the demoboard and all went well as and displayed bbtestman.
In Firefox all works like a rock, that's why Firefox rocks 8-)
That's why I think al has been well programmed (thanx folks) and well be installed.
I ran out of ideas what it could be and certainly after the demoboard works well with teh same IE8 :x
SO It is not a IE8 problem as Stoker stated or is it ?
What is the difference between my version and Stoker' version?
mustang172

Post by mustang172 »

Hello

Thanks for this very good MOD, works perfect

I just have a wish regarding smilies to improve their display:
  • The most used smilies for chat message are not really the same who are used for post, and actually, you have only the choice of display thoose who are selected for post

So could it be possible to display allways some smilies (most used for chat messages) and display (with toggle function) all others when you click on "smilies" button ?

Coz when you have a lot of smilies, a lot of space is loose for the display of them, only to use some
How choose which will allways be displayed?
  • perhaps create a new column in ACP smilies page to select them
  • or wrote them in a file (by code or number)
  • or add a field in ACP mchat page to know how many smilies you want to display and they will be selected by order

Thanks
OldSkul

Post by OldSkul »

I have one serious problem. No menu under MODs tab :? Mod is working though, just no module!?!
I checked all edits, dont know whats wrong.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”