[ABD] Proxy Revealer Olympus 0.3.3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
jasmineaura
Name: Jasmine

Re: [DEV] Proxy Revealer Olympus 0.3.3

Post by jasmineaura »

even, admins and mods or only Registered users are effected by this bug?
From what I've seen of the few cases of this problem's reports, I believe it affects all users of the forum. That includes admins, mods, registered users..
I believe it has something to do with server setup and how sessions are handled in such particular setups, and I will try to look into that problem thoroughly (even if I have to make several test installs on various server setups) before making the upcoming update for phpBB 3.0.4. This is my primary objective for this upcoming release. As this (elusive) bug is simply unacceptable for production environments, it must be avoided at all costs, even if the MOD has to disable itself or skip it's checks if it can detect such a problem automatically. This way, at least the admin of the forum can investigate what the problematic setup is that prevents the MOD from running properly, and we could perhaps account for such shortcomings once we pinpoint the exact cause of this issue..
Keep an eye on this thread as I hope to make a new release soon. I'm actually planning to start on it today as we speak :)
Jarode

Post by Jarode »

I had the same problem explaining here:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8782865
No way to logged in without restoring database. ;)

However,it seems to be a great MOD
;)
My english is Developement Quality, sorry
MyrmecoFourmis.org : Fourmis
jasmineaura

Post by jasmineaura »

Yes. I apologize for not having looked into this yet, though having said over a month ago that I will. It is really frustrating being caught up in other stuff in life and not even having any useful pointers / help in debugging this problem to motivate me. Quite discouraging, but I will do my best to dedicate some time to trace it and tackle it.. Will post an update soon as I get on this..
JBeastly

Post by JBeastly »

WOW! One of the best mods yet! I am curious though if you could make one for subsilverPlus? I would really appreciate it! Or just tell me what files to edit and I'll do it myself ^^ Thanks for your time.
jasmineaura

Post by jasmineaura »

JBeastly wrote:WOW! One of the best mods yet! I am curious though if you could make one for subsilverPlus? I would really appreciate it! Or just tell me what files to edit and I'll do it myself ^^ Thanks for your time.
There's a "subsilver2.xml" file in the "contrib/" directory of the MOD package containing instructions for subsilver2. Not sure how different it is from subsilverPlus, but shouldn't be too difficult to adapt..

Cheers
Last edited by jasmineaura on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
jasmineaura

Post by jasmineaura »

OK...

Due to lack of help in developing this MOD, I am the only one debugging the issue some people complained about (being unable to log in as admin or user after installing this MOD), and so I would appreciate any input/testing from others.
PLEASE DO NOT TEST THIS ON A LIVE/PRODUCTION FORUM YET! (At least until we find and fix the source of this bug)

I just setup a fresh install of phpBB 3.0.5 for a testbed, and installed the 0.3.3 version of this MOD..
The server runs PHP version 4.3.9

I did not have the issue described, but I turned on debugging to see if I can find anything suspicious, and I did.

PLEASE NOTE the order of the instructions in install.xml
1. upload/copy all the files mentioned
2. Make and upload all file edits except "includes/functions.php" and "includes/session.php"
3. Follow the installer instructions in the DIY section
4. Upload the edited "includes/functions.php" and "includes/session.php"
5. Test your installation

To Enable debugging output in TESTING FORUM:

1. Edit file: "config.php"
2. Uncomment the following two lines (remove the preceding slashes "//" and the space after it) to look like this:

Code: Select all

@define('DEBUG', true);
@define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);

3. Save and upload the file
4. Clear your cache through the ACP, or manually by deleting all files inside the "cache/" directory

If after you installed the MOD in your TEST FORUM you have the aforementioned problem, please take note of any errors you see in your browser upon browsing to the forum or when trying to log in.

Then make the following two edits after installing the MOD:

1. Edit file: "includes/functions.php"
Find:

$speculative_key = $user->data['session_speculative_key']; 
Replace with:

$speculative_key = isset($user->data['session_speculative_key']) ? $user->data['session_speculative_key'] : ""; 
2. Edit file: "includes/session.php"
Find:

if ( (int) $this->data['session_speculative_test'] > 0 && ((int) $this->data['session_speculative_test'] & (int) $config['ip_block']) ) 
Replace with:

if ( isset($this->data['session_speculative_test']) && (int) $this->data['session_speculative_test'] > 0 && ((int) $this->data['session_speculative_test'] & (int) $config['ip_block']) ) 
When reporting back, please:
1. Post any errors/warnings you had (after enabling debugging in config.php as described above)
2. Whether or not the above edits worked for you
3. Any other useful errors/warnings from error_log or php logs if applicable

For now, I'll be working on adding the new features that I described earlier; briefly recouping:
1. Quicktime method detection
2. MS Word method detection
3. The Itunes Decloak Method (if it hasn't been fixed yet, then it's here to stay :lol: )
Also need to update the signed java applet because its 1 year thawt certificate expired and now it shows as untrusted :cry:

Hope I get some feedback meanwhile about this bug so that the fix will be incorporated in the upcoming release..

Thanks...
sotis

Post by sotis »

Hi
I have a board with many mods installed and I experienced the problem.
First during the installation I received error message but I didn't write it down. After I did all instructions when I logged out and browse the index I receive:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1828: Undefined index: session_speculative_test
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 138: Undefined offset: 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 138: Undefined offset: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 139: Undefined offset: 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 139: Undefined offset: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 140: Undefined offset: 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 140: Undefined offset: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 141: Undefined offset: 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 141: Undefined offset: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1828: Undefined index: session_speculative_test
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4118: Undefined index: DAPBan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4130: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3306)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4132: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3306)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3306)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4134: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3306)
After when I try to log in:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3306)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3306)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\kaminata\includes\functions.php:3306) in C:\xampp\htdocs\kaminata\includes\functions.php on line 4130

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\kaminata\includes\functions.php:3306) in C:\xampp\htdocs\kaminata\includes\functions.php on line 4132

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\kaminata\includes\functions.php:3306) in C:\xampp\htdocs\kaminata\includes\functions.php on line 4133

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\kaminata\includes\functions.php:3306) in C:\xampp\htdocs\kaminata\includes\functions.php on line 4134
I am logged in for a few seconds and after that logged out automatically.
I did the new edits, but they don't work for me.

I didn't do the test on clean phpBB3.0.5 but maybe I will do that later.
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

I'll start the test this coming week and i'll report the result back.. i want this mod really badly.
jasmineaura

Post by jasmineaura »

sotis wrote:Hi
I have a board with many mods installed and I experienced the problem.
First during the installation I received error message but I didn't write it down. After I did all instructions when I logged out and browse the index I receive:
1. You should not try this yet on a live board

2. You seem to have a problem related to another MOD, particularly the reference to:
Undefined index: DAPBan
3. As to the warnings in debug messages, the only one that seem relevant to this MOD is:
Which I mentioned a fix for, in my previous post..
sotis wrote:I didn't do the test on clean phpBB3.0.5 but maybe I will do that later.
That would be nice :D
Neuropass wrote:I'll start the test this coming week and i'll report the result back.. i want this mod really badly.
Please do :)

thanks
sotis

Post by sotis »

jasmineaura wrote:1. You should not try this yet on a live board
Yes ma'am, I already did that ones and I will not repeat again. :D The test is not on a live board.

phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1828: Undefined index: session_speculative_test
jasmineaura wrote:Which I mentioned a fix for, in my previous post..
I did this fix but the problem still exist.

Now I installed the mod on clean phpBB3. When I started /install I received:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/functions_install.php on line 207: Undefined property: dbal_mysql::$mysql_version
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
After I did edits in session.php and functions.php and logged out I received:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3928: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3930: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3931: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3932: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
After that I did the new fix. And I don't receive debug message anymore. I was able to log in but when I click on the some forum name I am logged out again. When I click on forum index I stay logged in.
But every time that message "Page loading ..." appears, even I am logged in.

PHP Version 5.2.9
MySQL 5.1.33-community
ikkeook

Post by ikkeook »

very nice i did all like 25 times and i am not able to login to my acp anymore

so wot i did now put all the old files back and still doesnt work i cant get into my acp any more
it doesnt simply let me login

as i try to redo the install it gives me this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /home/kabauter/domains/kabauter1.nl/public_html/forum/includes/constants.php on line 273

this is line 273

define('STYLES_IMAGESET_DATA_TABLE',$table_prefix . 'styles_imageset_data');

wot you advice me to do???
Need help with your board we setup a board for you for free yest contact me
jasmineaura

Post by jasmineaura »

sotis wrote: Now I installed the mod on clean phpBB3. When I started /install I received:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/functions_install.php on line 207: Undefined property: dbal_mysql::$mysql_version
[..snip..]

After that I did the new fix. And I don't receive debug message anymore. I was able to log in but when I click on the some forum name I am logged out again. When I click on forum index I stay logged in.
But every time that message "Page loading ..." appears, even I am logged in.

PHP Version 5.2.9
MySQL 5.1.33-community
sotis,

Thank you for all your feedback. Very helpful indeed. It seems I've missed that one...

Can you please:

1. create new clean database (or empty the original testing database you used earlier)

2. Install phpbb3 in new clean directory using the new clean database

3. Upload all files and do all edits (except in functions.php and session.php as described), but Before you run the installer:
Open: /install/functions_install.php
Find:

if (version_compare($db->mysql_version, '4.1.3', '>='))
Replace With:

if (version_compare(sql_server_info(true), '4.1.3', '>='))
UPDATE: CORRECTION (AS MENTIONED HERE)
the replacement should read:

if (version_compare($db->sql_server_info(true), '4.1.3', '>='))
notice I missed $db-> before sql_server_info(true)

4. Continue with the MOD installation as described before
5. Make the two fixes to functions.php and session.php

and let me know how it goes?
Thanks a bunch :)
Last edited by jasmineaura on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ikkeook

Post by ikkeook »

very nice work mess ppl there forums up

i did the isntall like 15 times now and never ever am i able to login the acp again

set me free from the mod with name and ip

and still cant login the acp

i did put it on a board with 45oo members all my members and my board fucked up

no where was standing that i should not install this on a live board it was after the instalation you warn ppl not to install on live boards

so i had to find a way how to login the acp

well even on clear board your not able to login into the acp

after 8 installs on a clear board put name and ip in exeptions and still nothing

i asked also help 9 hours ago already you didnt even answere me

you have totaluy no acces no more to your acp

even not through the stk tool that runs outside your board in case you having trouble like this

ppl should not install this or experiment with this wot you think how many foroms you will going to mess up as you launch this shit ?????
Need help with your board we setup a board for you for free yest contact me
jasmineaura

Post by jasmineaura »

ikkeook

If I understood you, I would've helped you, even though the error you mentioned earlier is not related to this MOD (the unexpected '/' error in constants.php)

This is a development thread, and clearly is marked as BETA

And I don't think swearing and insulting is a better way to get help..

EDIT: Added Warning not to install this on LIVE BOARDS on first post of this thread, as requested by DavidIQ
sotis

Post by sotis »

After I made changes in functions_install.php on clean phpBB3 board.
When I run installer on step: "4. Continue with the MOD installation as described before"

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sql_server_info() in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\install\functions_install.php on line 207

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”