Anti-Bot Question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
w0rld_life

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by w0rld_life »

Sorry for the double post...

everything works fine.. :)

Thanks..

But still the registration page is zoomed in Internet Explore 7
brandon_0007

Post by brandon_0007 »

I installed this mod and everything worked great, but now when people register they're not getting an e-mail to confirm their account. It worked before I used this mod.

Edit: Now users can't e-mail each other. So in other words, the e-mailing system doesn't work anymore. :evil:
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

You are really gonna have to check your edits. This mod doesn't touch emails.
slowsoulz

Post by slowsoulz »

I went through the mod and installed everything. I had all the problems that some of the other people had and was able to fix all of them except one. I don't know if it is because I have been at this for a while/hours or if it is beacuse it is late. Either way I still have a problem.

When I get to the registration page, the "{ AB_QUESTION_EXPLAIN }" is on the page. Everything works on the registration page, including the question and answer part. But I am unable to figure out why the "{ AB_QUESTION_EXPLAIN }" is there.

I looked through this post and have been unable to find fix the problem even though I checked other people who have had the same problem and the responses to them.

I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance for the "fresh set of eyes",
Tami
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

That is a language file problem. Check to make sure you have the language files uploaded to the correct locations.
slowsoulz

Post by slowsoulz »

Gremlin,

Thanks friend! I knew a "fresh set of eyes" would point me in the right direction!!!

I had updated the files but on uploading, I was just "dragging and dropping" instead of making a duplicate of the file, deleting the original, and uploading the new the file. For some reason, Dreamweaver was only updating some of the changed files and not the others. Go figure!

Thanks again for the help. It is very much appreciated!!!

Thanks to CoC for the mod!!!! This should stop a lot of the nonsense that I was going through with Spammers and let the people I want to be on the site without me having to activate them through the Admin panel!
phil mailloux

Post by phil mailloux »

Fantastic mod. I installed this a couple of days ago. The question I put up is related to my forum itself (i.e. bass guitar forum, so bass specific question). This has been a godsend. It has gotten rid of ALL spammers, bots and human alike. I have even gotten rid of the CAPTCHA crap in the registration page. I only have my forum specific question there.

I usually had about 30 inactive accounts per day from spambots. In the last 3 days I have gotten 0. I have also gotten 3 new real members so I know this mod works perfectly. Awesome guys, thanks! 8-)
hungryOrb

Post by hungryOrb »

Hi all,
I've a problem, that after installing, and trying to register a new user, I don't get any anti bot question on the registration page.. Could someone point me to the part which refers to that?
Thanks for considering,
Robin

Edit* After trying to register there is an error message:

Code: Select all

No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered.
But still, no question appears.. so no-one can register if I keep this option enabled. If you know how this works, please could you show me where to look to change things?

The site is: http:// forums.compton-networks. org/index. php
(delete the spaces)
phil mailloux

Post by phil mailloux »

Did you enter a bot question in the registration settings in your admin panel?
hungryOrb

Post by hungryOrb »

phil mailloux wrote:Did you enter a bot question in the registration settings in your admin panel?
Hi Phil,
Thanks, ye, I put a question and answer in the User Registration Settings. The form (input box) just doesn't appear.. I should imagine it has something to do with the code that refers to phpbb's input box stuff.. But having a look through the edits, I have no ideas..
Thanks for reply,
Robin
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

did you do the style edits? If its enabled in the ACP but you dont see it on the reg page I am willing to bet you didnt do the style edits.
supzfier

Post by supzfier »

Hi

I am doing the installation, running the first line in my phpmyadmin, and i experienced the following error:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config( config_name, config_value, is_dynamic )
VALUES (

'enable_abquestion', '0', '0'
);

MySQL said:

#1146 - Table 'sghairta_pbb04.phpbb_config' doesn't exist

Can someone enlighten me?
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

perhaps your tables start with a different prefix i.e. phpbb_
wheresmyhotdog

Post by wheresmyhotdog »

I just got it installed on my 3.0.5 board. At first it was not working. I was getting the

No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered.
error that a lot of people seem to have had. My problem was that in includes/ucp/ucp_register.php, I put

'AB_Question'		=> strtolower(request_var('AB_Question', '')),
after

'tz'				=> request_var('tz', (float) $config['board_timezone']),
instead of putting it after

'tz'				=> request_var('tz', (float) $timezone),
. I was rushing through the install and just pasted it after the first 'tz' that I saw when it should have gone after the second one. Hope this helps.
Goku ssj3

Post by Goku ssj3 »

I have a problem
I installed this mod and i setin PCA the question and the answer
I set 2+2?
and answer 4
but if I register and put 4 as answer there is an error message "The Answer to the Anti-Bot Question you entered is incorrect, Please check your answer and try again."

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”