Canonical URL

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Canonical URL

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Canonical URL
Author: soumik
Modification description: Adds canonical URLs to index, viewtopic and viewforum pages as specified by Google (Specify your canonical - Official Google Webmaster Central Blog).

A <link> tag is added to the <head> section of the page.
Modification version: 1.0.0
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.6

Download file: canonical_url.zip
File size: 31.17 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 12 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Canonical URL

Post by DavidIQ »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
soumik

Canonical URL

Post by soumik »

Download latest version : Here

This mod adds <link> tag is added to the <head> section of the page.
  • For the index page :

Code: Select all

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/" />
  • For forum pages :

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/viewforum.php?f=X" />
  • For threads :

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/viewtopic.php?f=X&t=Y" />
  • For global threads* :

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/viewtopic.php?t=Y" />
Normally, global threads will have canonical URLs like this :

http://www.example.com/viewtopic.php?t=X
If you want the global threads to have canonical URLs with an "f=Y" query string, you just need to make a little change to the code. After installing the mod, open viewtopic.php.
Find :

'U_CANONICAL' 	=> generate_board_url() . "/viewtopic.$phpEx?" . (($topic_data['topic_type'] == POST_GLOBAL) ? '' : "f=$forum_id&") . "t=$topic_id" . (($start) ? "&start=$start" : ''),
In-line Find :

''
Replace with :

"f=Y&"
Replacing 'Y' with the forum id of the forum you want your global threads to belong to.
Last edited by soumik on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Powered by chocolate
DoYouSpeakWak

Re: Canonical URL

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

Congrats on the fast validation. This is great mod :)
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
Offering paid services. 15+ years of experience with phpBB3 and server management.
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

In viewforum.php I found several results of:

$template->assign_vars(array(
, please help me :P

Thanks for this great mod :D
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
soumik

Post by soumik »

You can add it after any of the results. The effect will be the same.
Powered by chocolate
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

soumik wrote:You can add it after any of the results. The effect will be the same.
Thanks! :)
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
demon327

Post by demon327 »

Is there any thing chanded since the last RC? :)
soumik

Post by soumik »

No, nothing has been changed as of yet since the last RC. The latest release link is something I did for the future. :)