Rainbow Pearl

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
therp

Re: Rainbow Pearl

Post by therp »

Yes. I have the following Mods:

Accept terms
Advanced Meta Tags MOD
Birthday on registration
NV advanced last topic titles
Topic in "Who is Online"
Mr_makaveli

Post by Mr_makaveli »

Is this prosilver based? where is the colour.css file - can i add a big overall header image like phpbb?
www.tgzforum.com, a new forum for all types of people
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Mr_makaveli wrote:Is this prosilver based? where is the colour.css file - can i add a big overall header image like phpbb?
this is subsilver2 based. all the stylesheet info is in stylesheet.css. and yes, you can add an image to the header ;)
Mighty Gorgon
Name: Luca Libralato

Post by Mighty Gorgon »

Sorry, I was partially wrong.

The file you are missing is part of standard phpBB, but it is an email template which is located in your language folder.

I still don't know why your phpBB is looking for it in templates folder... I don't know if it is related to one of your mods or it is related to another bug.

If I come to an answer I'll let you know.
therp wrote:Yes. I have the following Mods:

Accept terms
Advanced Meta Tags MOD
Birthday on registration
NV advanced last topic titles
Topic in "Who is Online"
Mr_makaveli

Post by Mr_makaveli »

clickable topic titles like phpbb.com instead of that red box is this possible?

eg: http://www.rizaveli.com/viewforum.php?f=20

none of the links are clickable i have added a couple of mods but which file would i be looking at too fix this?

** EDIT **

Fixed a mod messed it :) sorry!
Mr_makaveli

Post by Mr_makaveli »

Is it possible too have clickable usernames that will take you too there Profile like ProSilver does?

eg in each post make username of poster clickable!!
Crocodile442
Name: Paul Stallibrass

Post by Crocodile442 »

I am using a different background image in the header but would like to alternate the images. I have read the instructions in the knowledge base but that refers to a header image, not a background image.

Is it possible, and if so how, to alternate the images.

Thanks

My site
minipod

Post by minipod »

Hello,

Not a problem anymore. My board was still running 3.0.5 instead of 3.0.6.

All problems now sorted.

Thanks

Mini
Mighty Gorgon

Post by Mighty Gorgon »

Crocodile442 wrote:I am using a different background image in the header but would like to alternate the images. I have read the instructions in the knowledge base but that refers to a header image, not a background image.

Is it possible, and if so how, to alternate the images.
You should alter top_header.png in stylesheet.css with the dynamically generated image.

Code: Select all

#top_logo{
	border-width: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
	margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
	padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
	background: url('./images/top_header.png') repeat;
	height: 150px;
}
Crocodile442
Name: Paul Stallibrass

Post by Crocodile442 »

Thanks, I get that but what I want to have occur is to have a different image each time the page loads.

There are instructions for this in prosilver but I can't get them to work in this instance. I was looking for some help in this area.
Mighty Gorgon

Post by Mighty Gorgon »

You need a dynamic image and there are several ways for doing that.

Usually you should code a php files which generate the images and then use directly the PHP files (with correct headers) or use an htaccess rule to redirect a PNG call to the PHP files.

So in a nutshell, here is a demo for a dynamic PHP image (supposing you have the JPG files listed in the array):

<?php

$img_array = array('bkg_01.jpg', 'bkg_02.jpg', 'bkg_03.jpg', 'bkg_04.jpg', 'bkg_05.jpg', 'bkg_06.jpg', 'bkg_07.jpg', 'bkg_08.jpg', 'bkg_09.jpg', 'bkg_10.jpg', 'bkg_11.jpg', 'bkg_12.jpg', 'bkg_13.jpg', 'bkg_14.jpg', 'bkg_15.jpg');

$img_rnd = rand(0, sizeof($img_array) - 1);

header('Content-type: image/jpg');
header('Content-Disposition: filename=' . $img_array[$img_rnd]);
readfile($img_array[$img_rnd]);

?>
Suppose you call this PHP file my_bg.php then you can use this file directly in the CSS (or use htaccess to redirect that file using a JPG call instead).
MegaMav

Post by MegaMav »

Awesome job on this theme Mighty Gorgon.
I have a question, is it possible to add "post numbers" on your theme?
I found other threads about prosilver mods, but dont know how to do it with yours.

Thanks in advance,

-Eric
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

MegaMav wrote:Awesome job on this theme Mighty Gorgon.
I have a question, is it possible to add "post numbers" on your theme?
I found other threads about prosilver mods, but dont know how to do it with yours.

Thanks in advance,

-Eric
this style is subsilver2 based.
MegaMav

Post by MegaMav »

Great, I think I may have found the line I need to modify in viewtopic_body.html

The mod states:

In-line Find
Tip: This is a partial match of a line for in-line operations.

<a href="{postrow.U_MINI_POST}">{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->

In-line Add before

<!-- IF S_ENABLE_POST_NUM -->{L_POST_NUM}<a href="{postrow.U_MINI_POST}"<!-- IF S_ENABLE_POST_NUM_JS --> onclick="prompt('{L_POST_DIRECT_LINK}',this.href); return false;"<!-- ENDIF -->><strong>{L_POST_NUM_SYMBOL}{postrow.POST_NUM}</strong></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}<!-- ELSE -->
In-line Add after

<!-- ENDIF -->
<< Hide
In the template I found:

<td class="gensmall" width="100%"><div style="float:{S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN};">&nbsp;<b>{L_POST_SUBJECT}:</b> {postrow.POST_SUBJECT}</div><div style="float:{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END};"><!-- IF S_IS_BOT -->&nbsp;{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}&nbsp;<!-- ELSE -->&nbsp;<a href="{postrow.U_MINI_POST}">{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}</a>&nbsp;<!-- ENDIF --><b>{L_POSTED}:</b> {postrow.POST_DATE}&nbsp;</div></td>
So.. it should end up like this...

<!-- IF S_ENABLE_POST_NUM -->{L_POST_NUM}<a href="{postrow.U_MINI_POST}"<!-- IF S_ENABLE_POST_NUM_JS --> onclick="prompt('{L_POST_DIRECT_LINK}',this.href); return false;"<!-- ENDIF -->><strong>{L_POST_NUM_SYMBOL}{postrow.POST_NUM}</strong></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}<!-- ELSE -->

<td class="gensmall" width="100%"><div style="float:{S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN};">&nbsp;<b>{L_POST_SUBJECT}:</b> {postrow.POST_SUBJECT}</div><div style="float:{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END};"><!-- IF S_IS_BOT -->&nbsp;{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}&nbsp;<!-- ELSE -->&nbsp;<a href="{postrow.U_MINI_POST}">{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}</a>&nbsp;<!-- ENDIF --><b>{L_POSTED}:</b> {postrow.POST_DATE}&nbsp;</div></td>

<!-- ENDIF -->

Does this look right to you for the viewtopic_body.html template change?

I'll take a backup of the file anyway, but wanted to confirm, in case anyone else is looking to do this mod:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1131355

Thanks.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

MegaMav wrote:Great, I think I may have found the line I need to modify in viewtopic_body.html

The mod states:

In-line Find
Tip: This is a partial match of a line for in-line operations.

<a href="{postrow.U_MINI_POST}">{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->

In-line Add before

In-line Add after

<!-- ENDIF -->
<< Hide
In the template I found:

So.. it should end up like this...

<!-- ENDIF -->

Does this look right to you for the viewtopic_body.html template change?

I'll take a backup of the file anyway, but wanted to confirm, in case anyone else is looking to do this mod:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1131355

Thanks.
your finished line should end up looking like this

<td class="gensmall" width="100%"><div style="float:{S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN};">&nbsp;<b>{L_POST_SUBJECT}:</b> {postrow.POST_SUBJECT}</div><div style="float:{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END};"><!-- IF S_IS_BOT -->&nbsp;{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}&nbsp;<!-- ELSE -->&nbsp;<!-- IF S_ENABLE_POST_NUM -->{L_POST_NUM}<a href="{postrow.U_MINI_POST}"<!-- IF S_ENABLE_POST_NUM_JS --> onclick="prompt('{L_POST_DIRECT_LINK}',this.href); return false;"<!-- ENDIF -->><strong>{L_POST_NUM_SYMBOL}{postrow.POST_NUM}</strong></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}<!-- ELSE --><a href="{postrow.U_MINI_POST}">{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}</a>&nbsp;<!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --><b>{L_POSTED}:</b> {postrow.POST_DATE}&nbsp;</div></td>

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”