Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

BlaxLash

Post by BlaxLash »

Maybe was my question awnserd before, but i cant find it in the search. Does anyone have a clue about my problem (see a few posts back...)
kokstitan

Post by kokstitan »

Hi there

I was definitively surprised, beacause, I succeeded installing the MOD at the first try. No Crash, No Reinstalling, No swearing ;)

Installing Attachment MOD with EasyMOD is really simple:
Just create the folder "yoursite.com/phpBB2/admin/mods/attach_mod/" on your server.
Then upload the whole local "attach_mod" folder and "attach_mod/docs/install.txt" to that folder.

Now run EasyMOD, install Attachment_MOD.

Now, it's nearly complete. You only have to run "www.yourdomain.com/phpBB2/install/mod_table_inst.php".

And tada - finished installation in less than 10 minutes!

Really great MOD!

:)
kokstitan
Take it easy - :D
[email protected]

Administration Panel Issues

Post by [email protected] »

I just installed the Mod. It seems to be working fine, as I have tested and uploaded pictures. Here's the problem... when I go into the admin panel, I can't do anything with the new sections (Attachments and Extensions). I get the following message:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

I get that even though the files are in the right directory... Any ideas?

Forget it... got it working... great!
ThE-UnknowN

Post by ThE-UnknowN »

Now, the zillion dollar question is, will this mod work with pbpbb 2.0.10 ?
:wink:
http://www.chatvenue.com is finally taking shape.
Freecode

Post by Freecode »

Yes it iwll.

Im using 2.0.9 and i just installed attachment mod successfuly (finaly) and when i attach a file and try to download it it just takes me to a blank page and nothing happens. :?
Freecode

Post by Freecode »

nvm fixed.
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

Yes, the MOD should work fine with phpBB 2.0.10
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
BlaxLash

Post by BlaxLash »

Can anyone help me with my problem? I still didn´t figure it out.
BlaxLash wrote: First of all, great mod!

I was wondering, if anyone knew how to resize images. Story is: a user uploads a picture, but the picture is i.e. bigger than 150X150. In that case, the file must me resized to the smaller format, and the proportions bust me kept intact. so for example when a image of 300 X 100 is submitted, it must be resized to 150 X 50.

I by the way know that there is a tumbnail option, but i don´t want to use this, couse i want to resize the posted pic itself... I found some things about resizing, but i cant find where the mod handles the posted images.

Who helps?
aimeerahn

Post by aimeerahn »

Hi guys, I'm a bit new with PHP, so I'm sure I must have done something wrong...

my forum is brand new and has no previous mods. (only one theme change)

here is my test post:
http://denofangels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26#26

I did the installation and uploaded all the files in the right folders ( I think..!).
but when I try to attach an image, only the text of the message shows up, not the attached file. I changed the ftp folder "files" so that people could upload to it (I think I did anyway).

it might be of note that I did get the standard attachment of profile icons to work... (so I guess that means that it is possible to upload items to my server via PHP) I just can't seem to get the attachment MOD to work properly.

When I go under new "attachements" section under the administrative panel... there are no text "questions" or text settings on the left part, there are only blanks with no lables.... so I have no idea how to configure anything. I'm guessing that one of my files must be wrong for the attachments configuration panel to be all weird...?

attachments also do not work in private MSGs.

if it helps at all, I'm using phpBB 2.0.8 and Safari 1.0.2. and mac OSX

should I just start over (leaving the files I already put up there...?) and just reupload everything and reedit everything....??? OR???

thanks for any help you can give me.
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »