ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
mikey12561

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by mikey12561 »

I tried to edit that but I can't seem to figure out what part to edit.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

what did you change in the prosilver files? normally it should work just fine.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
mikey12561

Post by mikey12561 »

I haven't changed anything. I wasn't using the prosilver theme for a while. I had created my own but users were complaining about my theme being to dark so I changed it to prosilver. When I changed it back that is when I had the problem.

I had to even edit the shout box
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

you did not change anything? the screenshot that you attached does not look like prosilver should look like.

if you take off the edit in overall_header.html, does it stretch to the whole screen like here?
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
mikey12561

Post by mikey12561 »

Yep it is the prosilver theme but I did fix the problem.

I did notice that when you look at my website there was a /> symbol. I couldn't figure out where that was coming from. I looked at my websites source page and noticed that symbol was in my overall_header.html file. I deleted it and it fixed the whole problem.

Thank You for the help anyways
Mike
appmodo

Post by appmodo »

Reading through, you say lefty that you support BBCode but not html within the announcements. I tried running a [table] [tr] structure but it does not recognize the bbcode. Is there an extension to accept this or an area where I can modify it?
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

appmodo wrote:Reading through, you say lefty that you support BBCode but not html within the announcements. I tried running a [table] [tr] structure but it does not recognize the bbcode. Is there an extension to accept this or an area where I can modify it?
[table] [tr] is not BBCode ........ BBCode is not simply changing <> from html to []. Though you can create new BBCodes in ACP.

ACP --> Posting --> Messages --> BBCodes

There you can add new BBCode and as far as I can say, its pretty possible to create BBCode for table or tr tags.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

if you do not want to do that (iftitaj's suggestion) the only other way is to hard code into announcement_centre.html but would mean that you may loose some of the functionality.
lefty74
bipenett

Post by bipenett »

Hi everybody! :D

I think I am dumb enough to don't understand how do I make this "acp annoucement centre" mod work on the PROSILVER_SE style.

Actually, I don't understand what do I have to do with the overall_header file inside the Prosilver_SE. Should I overwrite the Prosilver_SE overall_header with the Prosilver overall_header or should I simply edit some lines of the overall_header inside the Prosilver_SE? If so, wich lines should I edit?!

Anyone?

Thank's since now.
Ephemeraboy
Name: Bernando Bona Tius Sianipar

Post by Ephemeraboy »

NEED HLP

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'a000b_4836181_forum.ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 136
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

LINE: 46
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->announcements()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 516
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
what must I do...??
I have uninstalled this MOD (by AUTOMOD)
but when I press .MODS button in ACP, it likes that
My diary, my notepad, and my life on
http://www.bonatius.com
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

bipenett wrote:Hi everybody! :D

I think I am dumb enough to don't understand how do I make this "acp annoucement centre" mod work on the PROSILVER_SE style.

Actually, I don't understand what do I have to do with the overall_header file inside the Prosilver_SE. Should I overwrite the Prosilver_SE overall_header with the Prosilver overall_header or should I simply edit some lines of the overall_header inside the Prosilver_SE? If so, wich lines should I edit?!

Anyone?

Thank's since now.
just make the edit mentioned for the prosilver overall_header.html in the one for prosilver_se. you may need to copy over the prosilver template files that came with the mod to your prosilver_se template as well but i dont remember for sure. it won't hurt to just do it anyway ;)
Ephemeraboy wrote:NEED HLP

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'a000b_4836181_forum.ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 136
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

LINE: 46
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->announcements()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 516
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
what must I do...??
I have uninstalled this MOD (by AUTOMOD)
but when I press .MODS button in ACP, it likes that
if you want to uninstall the mod, you will also need to manually upload the install folder and run the install/index.php file again and click uninstall. Please note that this needs to be done before you make the edit changes with or without automod.
lefty74
bipenett

Post by bipenett »

lefty74 wrote:
bipenett wrote:Hi everybody! :D

Anyone?

Thank's since now.
just make the edit mentioned for the prosilver overall_header.html in the one for prosilver_se. you may need to copy over the prosilver template files that came with the mod to your prosilver_se template as well but i dont remember for sure. it won't hurt to just do it anyway ;)
Yeah... Thank you for trying to help me, lefty74, but I have been trying this, but I have no idea what should I really do. I tried to copy the whole thing inside the overal_header of prosilver to the prosilver_se, but after that the tamplate seemed weird. So... I am really stuck with this. I need more help! Please!
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

your prosilver_se overall_header.html should look like this at the bottom:

<!-- IF S_BOARD_DISABLED and S_USER_LOGGED_IN and (U_MCP or U_ACP) --> 
        		<div id="message" class="rules">
        			<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
        				<strong>{L_INFORMATION}:</strong> {L_BOARD_DISABLED}
        			<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
        		</div>
        		<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- INCLUDE announcement_centre.html -->
then you copy the prosilver files that are in the mod download and upload them to your prosilver_se style.

after that, purge your cache, refresh you style, imagesets, theme via the acp.

that should be the only thing you woudl need to do to make it work with prosilver_se
lefty74
sypher01

Post by sypher01 »

I'm also using the "forum" acp announcement centre ...
is it possible to "trim" the max lenght of the message in case its too long ?
Like .. to 200 chars or so ?

So that the users will start reading and click continue only if they are interested in the announcement (im using it like a news paper i know), but still, if the article is too big, it wont break the layout by making them scroll down everytime.
bipenett

Post by bipenett »

lefty74 wrote:your prosilver_se overall_header.html should look like this at the bottom:

<!-- IF S_BOARD_DISABLED and S_USER_LOGGED_IN and (U_MCP or U_ACP) --> 
        		<div id="message" class="rules">
        			<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
        				<strong>{L_INFORMATION}:</strong> {L_BOARD_DISABLED}
        			<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
        		</div>
        		<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- INCLUDE announcement_centre.html -->
then you copy the prosilver files that are in the mod download and upload them to your prosilver_se style.

after that, purge your cache, refresh you style, imagesets, theme via the acp.

that should be the only thing you woudl need to do to make it work with prosilver_se
It works! CONTRATULATIONS lefty74! Thank's a lot for your help! God bless you!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”