Cannot install mod with Automod

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
adiz

Cannot install mod with Automod

Post by adiz »

I have a problem with my local site.

My local site is duplicated to my live borad.

When I try to install mods using automod in the local site - a popup message is opened (winrar window) and inside this window there are the files that need to be edit.

Once, I click cancel on this window and return to the automod I can see that the mod is in the installed section but the mod is not installed.

What can I do?

Thank you.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Re: Cannot install mod with Automod

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Because of the AutoMOD configuration, files cannot be written to your site automatically. You will need to extract the file and upload the files to your server manually, using an FTP client or similar method.

As far as the MOD that you already installed, the compressed files are archived in phpBB's store directory as mod_(some 10 digit number).zip. You can download that file, extract the files, and upload them to your site to finish installation for that MOD.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
adiz

Post by adiz »

But in the past, all I needed to do is to click on the install button and the mod was installed automatically with all the changes.

Why do I need to upload the changes manually?

Thank you,

Adi
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

This is part of AutoMOD's configuration, which could theoretically be altered during updates (especially if updaing from a very old version). You can move back to the FTP method in the AutoMDO configuration page. Look for the write method setting.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”