[Tool] phpBB 2.0.8 to phpBB 2.0.10 Code Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
68%
Very Good
13%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 47

traverlaw.com

Problems running update_to_210.php?

Post by traverlaw.com »

in update_to_210.php

I had to change line 45 to:

Code: Select all

$phpbb_root_path = './';
and then it worked.

I suggest including the update_to_210.php file in the zip file, that would save a lot of searching and complete an excellent mod.

Thanks for the good work.
Last edited by traverlaw.com on Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dropby23

Post by dropby23 »

Last edited by dropby23 on Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tbartold

Re: Problems running update_to_210.php?

Post by tbartold »

traverlaw.com wrote: in update_to_210.php

$phpbb_root_path = './';
and then it worked.

I suggest including the update_to_210.php file in the zip file, that would save a lot of searching and complete an excellent mod.

You can change that line and it will work, or you could place the update file where it's supposed to be, in the "install" subirectory, and it will work without making a change.
traverlaw.com

Post by traverlaw.com »

tbartold wrote:
traverlaw.com wrote:in update_to_210.php

$phpbb_root_path = './';
and then it worked.

You can change that line and it will work, or you could place the update file where it's supposed to be, in the "install" subirectory, and it will work without making a change.

My version 2.0.8 directory did not contain an "install" subdirectory. The "phpBB 2.0.8 to phpBB 2.0.10 Code Changes" HTML file which came with the Mod did not specify the desired location of the update file. It said, "After you have finished this tutorial, you have to upload the update_to_210.php file, execute it and then delete it from your webspace." The lack of the file in the zip combined with the directory issue added a bit of confusion to the end of an otherwise excellent mod.

I suspect you are correct, that creating an "install" directory and running the update file from there would also solve the problem. The slight edit to the update_to_210.php file also does the trick.
eternalhiro

Post by eternalhiro »

i have a problem with this code...
i followed the tutorial and changed everything...i'm quite sure i changed everything correctly
but when i execute the update_to_210.php file
this error msg came up
Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/site14/web/update_to_210.php on line 46

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/sites/site14/web/update_to_210.php on line 46

Warning: main(./../config.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/site14/web/update_to_210.php on line 47

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../config.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/sites/site14/web/update_to_210.php on line 47
Please read: INSTALL.html before attempting to update.

can someone help me please??
tbartold

Post by tbartold »

eternalhiro wrote: can someone help me please??

Read the post just before yours. That's the problem and solution(s).
tbartold

Post by tbartold »

traverlaw.com wrote: I suspect you are correct, that creating an "install" directory and running the update file from there would also solve the problem. The slight edit to the update_to_210.php file also does the trick.

I'd suggest creating the "install" directory before running the patch anyway, since the existance of the install directory disables the board automatically, and you won't have to worry about users executing scripts in the middle of the update. Once the mod finishes, and the update is executed, the install directory can be deleted, and the board becomes active again.

I think it would help to have this kind of information in the MOD somewhere (maybe the author's notes section?). Also, You're absolutely right, packaging the update script with the MOD would be a good idea too. A COPY command could put in the right place for us.
eternalhiro

Post by eternalhiro »

thanx alot!!!
it's working as normal now and the version has changed to 2.0.10! :D
but one more thing...
after i run the update_to_210.php file...
this msg appeared
Update completed
You should now visit the General Configuration settings page in the Administration Panel and check the General Configuration of the board. If you updated from versions prior to RC-3 you must update some entries. If you do not do this emails sent from the board will contain incorrect information. Don't forget to delete this file!

i know this is nothing serious, but what admin files do i need to update??
cathal2004

Post by cathal2004 »

i know you said dont complain, can i ask the reason them for changing this

// I'm removing HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR ... this may well cause other problems such as
// private range IP's appearing instead of the guilty routable IP, tough, don't
// even bother complaining ... go scream and shout at the idiots out there who feel
// "clever" is doing harm rather than good ... karma is a great thing ... :)
//
$client_ip = ( !empty($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REMOTE_ADDR']) ) ? $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REMOTE_ADDR'] : ( ( !empty($HTTP_ENV_VARS['REMOTE_ADDR']) ) ? $HTTP_ENV_VARS['REMOTE_ADDR'] : $REMOTE_ADDR );
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Because (and this the very short explanation) people have been faking the X-FORWARDED-FOR header on their requests and it was recording the fake address from here as opposed to the address of the proxy they were using. The code now simply records the IP address the connection comes from instead.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
Crogon

Post by Crogon »

Hello, I am working with phpbb-auction, and we are approaching our first major code update. I was curious, did you guys use any special tools to find all the code changes, or just go through by hand with a program ~TextPad to compare the two versions?

Incidentally, I had the same idea to do this type of update, with phpbb-auction. I also thought this would be a good way to release bug fixes, although that would get a bit more complicated. :)
cathal2004

Post by cathal2004 »

Graham wrote: Because (and this the very short explanation) people have been faking the X-FORWARDED-FOR header on their requests and it was recording the fake address from here as opposed to the address of the proxy they were using. The code now simply records the IP address the connection comes from instead.

which is 0.0.0.0 in some cases which is not good to put it lightly... Would their be any serious concerns if I went with the old way?
trekken46

Post by trekken46 »

i installed the mod and everything works great, except for the memberlist. i'm pretty sure i forgot something when i was adding the mod, but now all i get from the memberlist is this message;

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 13 in /var/www/html/drom/memberlist.php on line 13
now, i'm not on my computer [the one with the phpbbfiles,] but if you need it i will post the code. any help you guys can give you be great.
Last edited by trekken46 on Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StevenAtChs

Post by StevenAtChs »

I just updated my phpBB forum from 2.0.8 to 2.0.10 and after everthing went ok I ran into a problem with the Auction MOD by Moogie everytime I go to the shop_auctions.php it will show you the items people are auctioning off and if you go click the name to see the description of the item...it rediects you back to the "browse auction" I found out that this was taking place after i edited the common.php file thats when the redirection occured.After I added this code

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 41
error_reporting  (E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE); // This will NOT report uninitialized variables
set_magic_quotes_runtime(0); // Disable magic_quotes_runtime

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------------
# 
$ini_val = (@phpversion() >= '4.0.0') ? 'ini_get' : 'get_cfg_var';

// Unset globally registered vars - PHP5 ... hhmmm
if (@$ini_val('register_globals') == '1' || strtolower(@$ini_val('register_globals')) == 'on')
{
	$var_prefix = 'HTTP';
	$var_suffix = '_VARS';

$test = array('_GET', '_POST', '_SERVER', '_COOKIE', '_ENV');

foreach ($test as $var)
	{
		if (is_array(${$var_prefix . $var . $var_suffix}))
		{
			unset_vars(${$var_prefix . $var . $var_suffix});
			@reset(${$var_prefix . $var . $var_suffix});
		}

if (is_array(${$var}))
		{
			unset_vars(${$var});
			@reset(${$var});
		}
	}

if (is_array(${'_FILES'}))
	{
		unset_vars(${'_FILES'});
		@reset(${'_FILES'});
	}

if (is_array(${'HTTP_POST_FILES'}))
	{
		unset_vars(${'HTTP_POST_FILES'});
		@reset(${'HTTP_POST_FILES'});
	}
}

// PHP5 with register_long_arrays off?
if (!isset($HTTP_POST_VARS) && isset($_POST))
{
	$HTTP_POST_VARS = $_POST;
	$HTTP_GET_VARS = $_GET;
	$HTTP_SERVER_VARS = $_SERVER;
	$HTTP_COOKIE_VARS = $_COOKIE;
	$HTTP_ENV_VARS = $_ENV;
	$HTTP_POST_FILES = $_FILES;
}
I dont know whats going on here and Please can someone help me out.
StevenAtChs

Post by StevenAtChs »

ok well i think i figured it out lol but im not sure the thing i Did was take the 1 and change it to a 0 and saved it and uploaded it and it works but I dont know if that would cause the thing to not function right??

// Unset globally registered vars - PHP5 ... hhmmm 
if (@$ini_val('register_globals') == '1' || strtolower(@$ini_val('register_globals')) == 'on')

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”