[ABD] hyperion Weblogs

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
trikke

Post by trikke »

hyperion wrote: gurukast: The templates will work much like how this version does, except that the variable names will be changed around (for better understanding), plus some additions.

trikke: Not sure how you can get that problem. Can they get the link to post in their weblog, or does it specifically say they are not authorized to post in their weblog?

tempered007: The new version that I'm currently developing will be completely compatible with pretty much all versions of phpbb IF the main phpbb structure (i.e. user tables, sessions, database, template) stays the same. For this version though, upgrading should be alright with most if not all 2.0.x versions both present and future. This mod has been tested on 2.0.0 right up to 2.0.10.

Also, this mod isn't really meant for personal pages. Its just a weblog system with a customizable interface.
tempered007 wrote:Thanks. You certainly are a visionary. Thanks for the mod.

Thanks!

FraZombie: There won't be an updated version unless there are serious things that need fixing. I'm devoting most of my time to the new version.

Partsking: You can remove the if block and leave the template switch behind. The link's page will check anyway. If you have access to your database, make sure that weblog_create in the phpbb_weblog_config (or with the appropriate table prefix) is set to 1.

it says in there weblog that they are not authorized
i have deleted the tables and removed the modded files im gona start over again and see what it gives.

btw is this mod compatible with the latest phpbb forum 2.0.10 ?
vagabond

The new Weblogs system

Post by vagabond »

Hyperion:
I have been following this thread for awhile and meaning to install your Weblogs system on my site that is under construction. The site will be using Integramod with the IM portal - and it seems that there would be some difficult incompatibility between your weblogs and the Integramod. Because of this and from what you have told us about your new Weblogs system (almost standalone and easy to install) I have decided to wait for the new weblogs to install. - Not meaning to be pushy I´m just curious to know when you expect to be able to release your new Weblogs system?

I would also like to say that I admire you for your dedication and good work for the community - and most of all you are setting a first class example with your outstanding and patient support in this thread.

Good luck with your current project - I´m one out of many waiting eagerly to see the results :wink:
Partsking

Post by Partsking »

Two things:

After I input an entry, I get "Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist" after I try to click "My blog".

All files are set to 777 and I've got face_x.cfg and weblog_x.cfg in the weblog directory so it seems to be creating the files.

I'm also getting errors in the management portion in the admincp.

When I try to edit:
Could not obtain weblog group information

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND g.user_pending = 0' at line 3

SELECT * FROM pknet_user_group g INNER JOIN pknet_weblog_groups w ON w.group_id = g.group_id WHERE g.user_id = AND g.user_pending = 0;

Line : 97
File : /forum/admin/admin_weblog_edit.php

When I try to delete:
Failed to delete user_group info.

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

DELETE FROM pknet_user_group WHERE group_id = ;

Line : 363
File : /forum/includes/functions_weblog.php

Help, please. :cry:
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind"-Data
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

antongranik wrote: But why it doesn't count? Why the whole page (including footer and header) goes from *.cfg files in weblogs/ directory? I want to use header and footer from my basic forum templates. What should I do?

The weblog styles works very similar to how phpbb does. In phpBB there's the overall_header.tpl and overall_footer.tpl. You can actually copy paste the contents of overall_header.tpl into weblog_header.cfg in the weblog style, then recreate your weblog and see the changes (the same for overall_footer.tpl -> weblog_footer.cfg)

denileigh: Did you add the weblog styles in the ACP?

trikke: You have to create a weblog group in the ACP and add yourself to it (or be the group moderator). This is to make sure that only those who are trustworthy by the group moderator will be able to create a weblog.

This mod will work from 2.0.3 and upwards (haven't tested 2.0.0-2.0.2).

vagabond: I have a large portion of the new mod done, and I expect to have it done by the end of August.

:-)

Partsking: The number in face_x.cfg and weblog_x.cfg refers to the user id. Check to make sure that it is your user id. If it still doesn't seem to work, try reinstalling the mod.

About the admin management pages, they are not fully tested yet because they keep on changing.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)
antongranik

Post by antongranik »

hyperion wrote: The weblog styles works very similar to how phpbb does. In phpBB there's the overall_header.tpl and overall_footer.tpl. You can actually copy paste the contents of overall_header.tpl into weblog_header.cfg in the weblog style, then recreate your weblog and see the changes (the same for overall_footer.tpl -> weblog_footer.cfg)

No, I understood this and made this. But I want in these *.cfg files only the content to be controlled by the user. Excluding forum's footer and header (menu, logo, meta tags etc.).
anton granik. graphic designer.
PastorJoeMiller

Post by PastorJoeMiller »

Greetings Hyperion. Any new for us on the status of the new MOD and the uninstall for the old one?
denileigh

Post by denileigh »

Hyperion....not quite sure how to do that.
lozt

Re: The new Weblogs system

Post by lozt »

vagabond wrote: I would also like to say that I admire you for your dedication and good work for the community - and most of all you are setting a first class example with your outstanding and patient support in this thread.

Good luck with your current project - I´m one out of many waiting eagerly to see the results :wink:

Im with you on this one! Tho i know its not easying modding, many had started and left their project. I give you much respect for your dedication and good work! :)
hyperion wrote: vagabond: I have a large portion of the new mod done, and I expect to have it done by the end of August.

:-)

I am as well holding off till the new version comes out as I hear many of us are. :)
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

antongranik: I see what you mean now. I come up with a small fix for you soon. It shouldn't take very long.

PastorJoeMiller: Progress is good, I have weblog creation and management done as well as posting and replying. All that's left to do now are ALL those extra features :-P

denileigh: Go to the Administration Control Panel, scroll way down to the bottom and click "Styles". Then choose a style directory (assuming you extracted the other 2 zip files in the package to weblogs/styles/), type a name for them, then click the button.

If you can't choose a directory (i.e. the area is blank), make sure the weblogs/styles/ directory has permissions to be read from the script. You can just CHMOD 777 temporarily, add the style(s) and then CHMOD back to 644.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)
antongranik

Post by antongranik »

hyperion, thank you very much! You rule the world with your patience and support. I can't believe you answer all our stupid questions, in the meantime developing new version (we hope) :) and fixing bugs of the old one! :!: :!: :!:
anton granik. graphic designer.
PixyMisa

Post by PixyMisa »

Has anyone tried installing Hyperion together with Cashmod?

When I did this, everything worked until I tried to post to my blog, whereupon I got a nasty error.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/ftest/public_html/forums/includes/functions_post.php on line 362
This turns out to be the line where Cashmod calculates points for your post.

$cash_message = $GLOBALS['cm_posting']->update_post($mode, $post_data, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_uid, $post_username, $post_message);
If I comment out that line, it works - but I'd rather have it work with that line. :?

I'd like to be able to award points for blogging, but just having it work for posts and ignore the blogs would be okay.

Otherwise, it works well. Almost works with Easymod too - there are three IN-LINE, FIND entries that should be IN-LINE FIND, but that's all.

Cool stuff! Thanks, hyperion!

Um, will the new version be a reasonably straight-forward upgrade? Or should I hold off too?
PixyMisa

Post by PixyMisa »

Ah, never mind!

If I wrap those lines in

if ($GLOBALS['cm_posting']) { ... }
It all works okay.

Though if someone can suggest how to make rewards work for blogging, that would be cool. :)
domasa

That extra feature...

Post by domasa »

hyperion wrote: PastorJoeMiller: Progress is good, I have weblog creation and management done as well as posting and replying. All that's left to do now are ALL those extra features :-P

hyperion,
I love this beast you create and can't wait to get my hands on the new version. :D This next release, will it have picture upload? Kinda like this.

Thanks!
Yoshikku

Post by Yoshikku »

well I have had many little problems, I guess because I installed it with Easy mod, but most I have been able to fix, but I can't solve this one.
http://hackunleashed.net/testforum/weblog.php?f=2

Template->make_filename(): Error - file /home/hackunle/public_html/testforum/weblogs/weblog_2.cfg does not exist
I don't think that was an actual page, but something it creates in the database, and I do not know what I need to do to recognize it or to fix it..
Thanks.
Yoshikku

Post by Yoshikku »

ok so what I did was created a second account and made a blog, and wondered if it might have been because i tried fixing something after i created the blog, but it doesn't work. So I think its something that creates the weblogs in the database is missing, but im not sure what it is.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”