Custom fields added into the memberlist.php?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
DreAdeDcoRpSE

Custom fields added into the memberlist.php?

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

I did a search on the forums and found nothing on this, If it was asked and answered then I am sorry for duplicating the question. I am just wondering if it has been done already that someone added in a few custom fields from the registration to show on the /memberlist.php. Example, if I made a "skype" field in the Custom profile fields, is there a way I can have them displayed in the /memberlist.php. I know its possible, but before I go digging through the files and trying to do it on my own, just wondering if its already been done and if they have how they did it.
Last edited by Pit$Bull on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
DreAdeDcoRpSE

Re: Custom fields added into the memberlist.php?

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

that does not answer my question. That shows it will display on registration, profile and mini profile, but nothing on if it would show here. http://www.phpbb.com/community/memberlist.php If it was that easy I would have already done it but as you look, that is not an option there.

I already have the custom profile fields made already, I want them to show in the yoursite.com/memberlist.php as its own column. that's what I am getting at.
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Post by Pit$Bull »

Display profile field: This setting determines if the new profile field will be displayed at all. The profile field will be shown on topic pages, profiles and the memberlist if this is enabled within the load settings. Only showing within the users profile is enabled by default.
DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

that funny you say it will display there for I have it all showing and yet it does not display in the "memberlist" page. Must be something in the theme I am using, I will dissect it and look into that.
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull »

Please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

It is the theme, I just went through the /style/nexus/templet/memberlist_body.html and it does not contain the information to show the extra fields that I am looking for. I just looked and the theme is for 3.0.5 and I am running 3.0.6. so an update to the theme is what I need. I will still fill out that section, but that seems to be the issue.
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull »

DreAdeDcoRpSE wrote:It is the theme
I thought that to be the case...Never mind the SRT.
DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

Is there a theme edit script so I can put this feature into the theme? Or do I have to hope the theme creator is still around so I can get the theme updated.
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull »

You should really contact the style developer where it was downloaded.
Manual changed http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/olympus. ... 0.5&code=1
DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

Pit$Bull wrote:You should really contact the style developer where it was downloaded.
Manual changed http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/olympus. ... 0.5&code=1
Thanks, shortly after posting this I found the code changes and applied them, but even with those code changes, it does not have that option to have what i was looking for in there, so after I updated the theme, I had done all the needed custom edits that I needed to get it to work. Took some modifications to the theme but I was able to rewrite the theme to include what I wanted, but I had to loose some things to get it to work, but that was not big deal for it was information that we can deal with missing.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”