[ABD] Advanced PayPal Donation MOD 1.0.B4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
happypappy

Re: [BETA] Advanced PayPal Donation MOD 1.0.B4

Post by happypappy »

working fine on my 3.0.6
Jacobrian

Post by Jacobrian »

I fixed my problem, Great mod!
RJx

Post by RJx »

Jacobrian wrote:I fixed my problem, Great mod!
What exactly was your problem? Others might have the same issue and it would help knowing what exactly you did to fix the issue.
Jacobrian

Post by Jacobrian »

Well my problem was that after clicking submit it was not properly formatting the paypal transaction page. Instead it was just taking me directly to the paypal home page.

After thinking about this and realising that this was not possibly a problem with the mod itself. Did some testing and discovered that Google Chrome does not agree well with the Submit button. So i just added a warning to the donate page for users using google chrome to use an alternative such as IE or firefox (both work perfect)
nims

Post by nims »

Jacobrian wrote:Well my problem was that after clicking submit it was not properly formatting the paypal transaction page. Instead it was just taking me directly to the paypal home page.

After thinking about this and realising that this was not possibly a problem with the mod itself. Did some testing and discovered that Google Chrome does not agree well with the Submit button. So i just added a warning to the donate page for users using google chrome to use an alternative such as IE or firefox (both work perfect)
Thanks for pointing that out. Even I was facing this issue and thought it was a problem with this MOD and was about to uninstall it. Is there a way to detect user's browser and show a message accordingly.
Outsource content writing - Freelance Content Writers
*** Everything related to kids - Kids ***
SEO- search engine optimisation melbourne
annab

Post by annab »

Very nice!

I've looked at the planned features and see that site donation goals is in there. Is it possible to have donation goals per forum or topic? :idea:
PressureDrop

Post by PressureDrop »

Any time frame on official release? And what is required to get the subsilver2 support? (that is what 99% of my users are on)

Thanks in advance!!!
AbZer0

Post by AbZer0 »

I'm having the same problem that has been reported several times. When a user donates I recive 20 Notification PMs, does anyone have a work around for this?
nims

Post by nims »

I need help in setting up Subscription button.
HoL could you guide me in setting up a paypal subscription button. I simply want to replace one time payment option in the donation page to subscription button. I have paypal button ID and Paypal PDT Token. It should not be hard using your Donation MOD. Everything remains same except that now users do not pay one time donation but recurring donation.
Outsource content writing - Freelance Content Writers
*** Everything related to kids - Kids ***
SEO- search engine optimisation melbourne
CheeRees

Post by CheeRees »

PressureDrop wrote:Any time frame on official release? And what is required to get the subsilver2 support? (that is what 99% of my users are on)

Thanks in advance!!!
Bump? :(
  • OurTube - YouTube clone for your phpBB !
Gazanimal

Post by Gazanimal »

Would really appreciate if this was able to work on subSilver2 themes.

:ugeek:
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life »

Gazanimal wrote:Would really appreciate if this was able to work on subSilver2 themes.

:ugeek:
The subsilver2 theme was provided by a supporter in the supporters topic for this MOD on STG. :)
Gazanimal

Post by Gazanimal »

Thanks HoL

So it's basically forcing the DOnations page to use the prosilver style? That'll work for me :D
ame25

Post by ame25 »

hi, first of all great mod.

i use it and it worked perfectly before.
But this did not work as a donation for me:
paypal mades it a web payement and i had to confirm them on paypal..with currency conversions and maximum fees (was costing a lot!!).

So i changed value of cmd to "_donation" instead and now i receive a real donation, and everything woks fine
except i receive the confirmation mail for verified donation 10times & more...
can it be that little mod i made? I believe bug is in the confirmation of the reception of payment..
I see lots of people keep receiving too many messages, anyone found solution then?

Plz help ;)

here is the website (not sure it helps)
http://forum.ame235.com/donate/
vonhazey

Post by vonhazey »

I get the following error on donate/index.php:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /donate/index.php on line 113: Undefined variable: source
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4246: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3503)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3503)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4249: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3503)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3503)
How can I fix this please!!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”