[ABD] First Topic [pic] on Forum Index v.0.0.6

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
thelahera

Re: [DEV] First Topic [pic] on Forum Index v.0.0.3

Post by thelahera »

i think i install the mod correctly but
the following picture doesn't generate a thumbnail
in my forum but in your "test forum" it DOES

[img removed]

any explanation?
here is my forum
http://channelslk.info/slf/viewforum.php?f=2
Last edited by camm15h on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image content not really suitable...
4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven »

dont work 100% with all pics (near 95%) and which pics can not remote-copied is from board to board different (addicted of many factores). nothing to do, load up the pic to some hoster and linking from there.
Current Mods | Mod Base | php(BB) programming | No help via PM
thelahera

Post by thelahera »

4_seven wrote:dont work 100% with all pics (near 95%) and which pics can not remote-copied is from board to board different (addicted of many factores). nothing to do, load up the pic to some hoster and linking from there.
What kind of "factors" that make your board special?
i mean if you can tell me this is the reason so i can eliminate it.

So is there a chance that ,
a pic will not generate a thumbnail in your forum and the same picture will generate in mine :idea:

Here is your board thread which generates a thumbnail http://4seven.kilu.de/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?p=944#p944

And here is my board thread which does not generate a thumbnail
http://channelslk.info/slf/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35

Edit:

I have found that

http://bp0.blogger.com/
http://bp1.blogger.com/
http://bp2.blogger.com/
http://bp3.blogger.com/

pics form these domains doesn't work in my board
and works fine in yours :idea:
4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven »

What kind of "factors" that make your board special?
if u followed exactly the install and given exactly the chmod etc etc than the "isolated" phpbb3 settings are the same as in my board. there is nothing special.
example: if u setup 10 pc, with the same hardware and software, on 1 pc an error appears but not on the other ones. so, thats live.
the factors are: remote-protection from remote-server or only against a domain-range/country-range etc., hot-link or remote-protection/impossibilitys against(!) your domain-range, country-range, than > restriction of your provider, your board, inconsistance of your style or non 3.0.6 conform style (so test it with standard-prosilver or standard-subsilver2), than server restrictions, html-encoding- or utf8-differents from your server to mine, so the filename is twisted on yours, but not on mine, short > different restrictions or behaviors as on my board - the mix of this factors gives an absolute different condition to every board. so every board have unique conditions.
fantastic

Post by fantastic »

Thanks seven u always great mod :))
// ----------------[img] SETTINGS--------------------
// enter here the forum id's to thumbing (7,8,9)
$affected_forum_img = array(7,8,9);
// ------------[attachment] SETTINGS---------------
// enter here the forum id's to thumbing (7,8,9)
$affected_forum_att = array(7,8,9);
and please write in instal file about setting :)) i try more time why mod dont work , so in end
img thumb number :))) if u write instal file about this , it will be great :)))
thanks again. :D
WascallyWabbit

Post by WascallyWabbit »

Is there any specific php build requirements for this mod to work? I am switching my server to litespeed and even though the mod is working with my old server, when I build php for the litespeed server the mod no longer functions. Any help would be really appreciated
4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven »

have no information about special requirements.
maybe some things i cant know, bcs. i don't use litespeed.
fantastic

Post by fantastic »

hallo seven great mode again , its good from topic thumbs mod because of url image accept,love it :)

Code: Select all

// make the setting, if you desired width or height here
$width_or_height  = 'width;
But i need to do thumbnail 80x80 , u add code only width , can i do mix height and width , i writed
$width_or_height = 'mix '; but dont work how can i do both and square
4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven »

there where some requests about that. it's on [dev]-to-do-list yet.

two possibles (example):
- when a pic is 500x700 it will be cropped on the "longer side"
- when a pic is 500x700 it will have "black bars" to "fake" the right fit
the only question is, what is the better solution...

read also from here:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p11871915
fantastic

Post by fantastic »

hmm thanks answer seven , darkoo done http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=822275 in this mod , but its only attachment mod , yours is more great because resize thumb of link ,if u done 80x80 both setting it will be great .
its good example http://forums.cgchannel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13 80x80 is ideal
- when a pic is 500x700 it will have "black bars" to "fake" the right fit
black bars can good,so idont know importan same size
Your mod is great , i like white border , only need width and height may same , design be great.

// make the setting, if you desired width or height here
$width_or_height  = 'width';
// i find width (much) more attractiv ;)
isn't simple way for both with any code ? : mix
4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven »

these thumbs are "hand-picked" bcs. they always shows an concise part of the main-pic ;)
80x80 is ideal
jap, my choice..

by the way, request is realized, the new "mix"-option takes always the very center part of every pic (if not squared allready)
bcs. of this the thumb have always the perfect-square-fit and not a fake-"black-bar"-fit ;)
testing a while, than release the revised v.0.0.4

link to check it out follows
Redy

Post by Redy »

:? :? :? whats wrong?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/img_thumbs/_1.gif' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_111_f3ceb8c858922e0fc092ce147ce0973e.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_2_ce3f26674a2f8b51f63add0517f6bec1.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/first_x_in_forum_index.php on line 206: copy(./images/img_thumbs/_16.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_70_f030ac2e0b2f71f475fa387134e0f880.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_157_24eae7d8a0c47e4a9f9a1227b00dd6bc.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_54_ca1ae49d2deb7a34029f3ec63ae13e86.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_54_2ee7457d1ca3f74888d2a1741ee4e71c.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_54_0a73775e4f950c32130db99f95381350.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_111_d7b8620e61a3d2451c2a5d2c957279b1.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_85_1b2818850bc419a6836658724dc19211.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_89_11ea6e29eae7ea2d968cc378784c07bc.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_2_062ad642d033453a294dade6ff7dbe62.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 41: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open './images/att_thumbs/_54_b1956bd7ee146e52ff6a247ff4dc8bac.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven »

you dont give chmod777 to folder images/img_thumbs (incl. subfolder and files)

also check if u have the new version of includes/thumb_resize.php

to check this:

open

includes/thumb_resize.php

find

function save($filename, $image_type=IMAGETYPE_PNG, $permissions=null)
replace with

function save($filename, $image_type=IMAGETYPE_JPEG, $permissions=null)
delete all existing files in images/img_thumbs, load up edited includes/thumb_resize.php again and clear all board- and browser-caches.
4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven »

[DEV] Hint to everybody, who installed this before the new package was uploaded

check if u have the new version of includes/thumb_resize.php

to check this: open

includes/thumb_resize.php

find

function save($filename, $image_type=IMAGETYPE_PNG, $permissions=null)
replace with

function save($filename, $image_type=IMAGETYPE_JPEG, $permissions=null)
delete all existing files in images/img_thumbs and images/att_thumbs, load-up edited includes/thumb_resize.php again and clear all board- and browser-caches.

This increase the performance of showing thumbs (bcs. it makes them 4-5 times smaller)
Redy

Post by Redy »

works...but still writes to me this error message

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 37: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open './images/img_thumbs/_1.gif' for writing: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/first_x_in_forum_index.php on line 206: copy(./images/img_thumbs/_16.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
and on the second forum only this...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/thumb_resize.php on line 37: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open './images/img_thumbs/_0205_04zoom201990_honda_crx20center_console0.jpg' for writing: Permission denied
:)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”