[2.0.17] Table BBCode

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
17%
Good
24%
Fair
4%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 46

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.17] Table BBCode

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Table BBCode
Author: SlapShot434
MOD Description: This hack enables users to easily create tables in their posts without requiring you to allow the table, tr and td HTML tags.

MOD Version: 1.3.1 (Updated 07/24/05)

Download File: table_bbcode_v131.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 40025 Bytes

Security Score: 0
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This BBCode MOD lets you create tables in your posts using BBCode.
mattbugz

Post by mattbugz »

Just what I needed!! Too bad there's no user friendly way of creating tables, but I'll take it.

Thanks!

A couple of suggestions:

1. Ability to use mono-spaced font (Courier)
2. Ability to size tables
--
Regards,
Matt
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

what do you mean by "no user friendly way"?

yeah, im working on making it so that you can use ANY regular additions from html with the bbcode, though it might take a while before i can get it all together with school and everything
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
mattbugz

Post by mattbugz »

No problem, I'll wait...School is definitely more important than fiddling around w/ PHP. :wink:

To clarify my statement, there is no simple way in creating a table. It's nothing wrong w/ your code because it's inherent to how BBCode is entered. The format is easy enough for me to understand, but having to put a tag after/before each item entered is not simple for one of my average users.

For example, if someone needed to format a spreadsheet (Excel) into a table in a forum, it's not as easy as cutting and pasting the table. Perhaps what I need to do is create a page that takes html table tags or csv/tab separated values and translate to your table code!

Anyhow, the way your code is now is very workable and was something I requested in one of the other forums. Little did I know you were working on the BBCode. To suddenly stumble upon it is wonderful. Thanks again!
--
Regards,
Matt
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

I found an error in a few of the upgrade_to scripts... the FIND's for posting_body.tpl are in the wrong order, so EasyMOD says it cant find it. I already edited the files and am awaiting validation for version 1.2.3.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
edwardsun

Post by edwardsun »

I suck at installing mods.. can someone tell me how to install this one? My friend installed previous ones. i'm a noob :oops:
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

MOD Team, please validate the update i sent it, there is a pretty significant bug that was fixed for the upgrade files, and i need ppl to be downloading the correct version asap.
wGEric
Former Team Member

Post by wGEric »

MOD Updated to version 1.2.3
See first post for Download Link
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Very nice...I'll give it a try tonight.

Any thought to adding width in % so that you could specify in % terms how wide a column is relative to the normal phpbb post area?

By the way, I'm confused about something: does this mod depend on nutzzy's quick bbcode mod ( http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=145513 )? I'm unclear about what that mod does and when it is needed when you are adding bbcodes.
mattbugz

Post by mattbugz »

asinshesq wrote: By the way, I'm confused about something: does this mod depend on nutzzy's quick bbcode mod ( http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=145513 )? I'm unclear about what that mod does and when it is needed when you are adding bbcodes.

It doesn't depend on the Quick BBCode. However, the author does have an install file that is compatible with it.
--
Regards,
Matt
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Thanks for the quick reply. But what does the quick bbcode mod do to one's ability to install additional bbcode mods? What is nutzzy's mod really for? (This is probably the wrong place to ask this question, but I figured I'd ask it in a place where there is a mod that does NOT use nutzzy's mod.)
wGEric
Former Team Member

Post by wGEric »

asinshesq wrote: Thanks for the quick reply. But what does the quick bbcode mod do to one's ability to install additional bbcode mods? What is nutzzy's mod really for? (This is probably the wrong place to ask this question, but I figured I'd ask it in a place where there is a mod that does NOT use nutzzy's mod.)

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=147

That ariticle explains the problem and the solution.
Eric
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

the Multiple (Quick) BBCode Mod makes it so that all one has to do to add a new bbcode button is insert the values into one area (plus a few other things of course) and the buttons show up. It just helps keep the buttons better organized with forums that like to add a lot of different bbcode's.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”