Phpbb Primetime

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
csat

Re: Phpbb Primetime

Post by csat »

Blitze wrote:Hello Bogey, please download the latest version from here
Do i download all of them or not? and if not which one do i download?
Jaifaime

Post by Jaifaime »

csat wrote:Do i download all of them or not? and if not which one do i download?
You'll want to grab RC6.
This account is inactive. Have a nice day.
Sheldon469

Post by Sheldon469 »

Subscribing to follow this mod.
Alpine Talk For the Alpine Enthaustist in you!
csat

Post by csat »

OK I have downloaded and followed all of the instructions but i was given this error message just after I moved on to the "modules" section of the install control panel. Have I done something wrong? Gutted because this CMS is just what I need.
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Help please?????
Jaifaime

Post by Jaifaime »

It sounds like some configuration with your hosting isn't setup to handle something that PT is trying to do. I'm by no means an expert here, but that would be my guess.

Edited for my fail English skills.
Last edited by Jaifaime on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
csat

Post by csat »

yer i called plus.net who host my webspace n they say its nothing to do with them hmmmmmmmmm.
squeek

Post by squeek »

hi peeps, ive just installed phpbb3 and a fresh install of automod then i used automod to install this pprimetime mod, installed with no errors but it doesnt work, i see no pertal page at all and i dont see the CMS link in the ACP at the top either, weird as it did install fine. any tips how i could fix this? thanks
Groundy

Post by Groundy »

Have you run the install file ?

If the answer to the above is "YES" have you deleted it ?
Man Utd Forum

The one stop site for United fans
Groundy

Post by Groundy »

Will this MOD run with 3.0.7 ?
Man Utd Forum

squeek

Post by squeek »

i didnt need to run the install file because i used automod to install it and yup i did delete the install directory.
i thought automod executes the install file anyway. its just strange why it doesnt report any errors or warnings.
Groundy

Post by Groundy »

Hmm I thought even with Auto MOD you had to run the install file, I may be wrong though
Man Utd Forum

Jaifaime

Post by Jaifaime »

You will need to run the install file, yes. Automod just makes file changes, as far as I am aware.

And so far it seems to be working just fine with 3.0.7, myself and a few others have updated and have not found any issues so far.
squeek

Post by squeek »

how do i run the install file and where can it be located? when i used automod i just browsed to the zip file on my desktop and then installed it from there. im totaly new to phpbb3 to be honist and its workings
squeek

Post by squeek »

hmm ok after carefully looking further i noticed right at the bottom of the file i had to use the address http://127.0.0.1/cms_install.php to complete the instalation however there is still a problem grrr :D
once i click install it goes to a page saying: The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
doesnt tell me much about the problem at all :(
Groundy

Post by Groundy »

The install file is in the root dorectory of the extracted pack, it took me some time to find it, in order to delete so I had access to my board again, to repeat th install file can be found by

Primetime>root>install

The Install.xml file (the instructions on how to install Primetime) does say you will need to point your browser to the install file, and delete the file after install.

Now my questions.

I really like this MOD but would like some instructions on how to add content to blocks :

EG
I run a football based forum and would love a block where i could have an image of the teams in the next fixture.

How do you tell it where to pull info from off the board ?

So how do you add content to blocks !!
Or can someone point me to a user manual please.

Or am I just thick and out of my depth here :D
Man Utd Forum

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”