phpBB mChat

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
d_valoon

Re: mChat new version

Post by d_valoon »

RMcGirr83 wrote:This mod requires the .Mods module to be installed. Go into your ACP and add the module back in under the Administrator Control Panel.
please tell me what step can i do ?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

What step you can do to do what? Please be more specific.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
DennyW

Post by DennyW »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
DennyW wrote:Is there any thoughts on my request about mchat alerts whils your on another page, or is this a no can do ?
At the present this is a no can do...and this mod isn't abandoned. I mean I am a co-dev and I am responding to posts aren't I? :?
I understand who you are. And yes, now you have responded to my question. So where, and who might be able to help on something like this, besides yourself ? Meaning no disrespect, but I would like to get something done on this part. If they don't know your there, they think you have left the site. That happened twice last night. You cannot leave the chat to read or post on another, or they think you have left, and ask where did every body go.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

You cannot leave the chat to read or post on another, or they think you have left, and ask where did every body go
Then don't, right click "open link in new tab". :)
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
DennyW

Post by DennyW »

You mean, if I'm on the index page and talking in mchat, if I get an email to a post, click on that link to open a new window. Yes, I do that, and that's fine.
But, if I'm on the index page talking in mchat, and I scroll up and see a new post in a forum, category, and go read that, I do not get an alert to a mchat post. Once I come back, after replying to a post, then, I see where they ask where did you go ? I did not know they posted a new post in mchat.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

But, if I'm on the index page talking in mchat, and I scroll up and see a new post in a forum, category, and go read that, I do not get an alert to a mchat post
That's where right click "open in new tab" comes in handy. ;)
DennyW

Post by DennyW »

Thanks, I'll give that a try. :)

Wow, so simple. I tried the new tab. I then tried open in new window. I like that the best. I can then minimize it, so I can read replies, or post, plus see the chat box. Thank you. :D
I also checked the chatbox size on a smaller screen computer. I changed the height on both pages to best fit, so people did not have to scroll to say, put in smilies, and scroll back up to read. Much better now. I appreciate your time and efforts on the mchat.
New height on index page 150, and custom page 220. :)
ps: If you would like the sound swf I made for the send, let me know.
Last edited by DennyW on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MPG187
Name: Operation 420

Post by MPG187 »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Enter the ACP->System->module management->Administrator Control Panel. Click on the mchat link and remove (hit the delete) the configuration the remove the main module and it will be totally uninstalled. I would have thought that UMIL would have handled that.
Oh cool you can customize your ACP?

Anyways, what's umil?
phpBB 3.0.4, http://operation420.net/forum, download package from phpBB.com (fresh install), mods installed, British English, MySQL 4.1.14
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

MPG187 wrote:Anyways, what's umil?
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/umil/
MPG187

Post by MPG187 »

So it does the parts that automod can't?
phpBB 3.0.4, http://operation420.net/forum, download package from phpBB.com (fresh install), mods installed, British English, MySQL 4.1.14
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Read the link I gave you, it does more than that and any other questions you may have should be asked in the support forums.
MPG187

Post by MPG187 »

I did read the link, and that's what I interpreting from it...
Nagios

Post by Nagios »

Is there any way to make the newest chat show at the bottom and the older stuff go up? In other words reverse the way it scrolls?

Thanks!
Nagios
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

As stated numerous times in this topic, no, not at this time.
PinoyEngine™

Post by PinoyEngine™ »

hello! I tried to install mChat, configured permissions, but the problem

http://forums.yupips.com/index.php
Username: Huwan21
Passsword: 123456

please try to look.

thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”