MOD Validation Status

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Crogon

Post by Crogon »

yeh now if we could get easymod to work remotely and update sql, i could stop modding by hand, lol. ^^

on that note, i've installed hundreds of mods by hand, so i could probably help validate. however, my plate is kinda full right now helping fr with phpbb-auction. once that quiets down, i'll look into helping out here. ^^
smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

I think you need to look into easyMOD more closely, it's php based and does everything using php file commands, i.e. it can be done remotely 8)
Systems Engineering
Crogon

Post by Crogon »

Hmm, is there a new version out? It still won't do sql will it? He-he, I'm being lazy of course.. I WILL go look myself to see if there is a newer version than the one I installed some months back. ;)
smithy_dll
Former Team Member

Post by smithy_dll »

it does SQL now, yes
Systems Engineering
Crogon

Post by Crogon »

Hehe, sweet!! :D I got sidetracked over at phpbb-auctions and didn't get a chance to check yet. ;)

I will definitely check into it! Is it still on area51, or is there a release thread here yet? Hmm.. there I go being lazy again.. bad habit. Disregard that question, I'll check into it when I get a chance. ;)
smithy_dll
Former Team Member

Post by smithy_dll »

uuuh, you found this sticky yet you can't see any others :?
Systems Engineering
Crogon

Post by Crogon »

I meant is there a release thread here as opposed to area51. ;)

It's all good though, I found it. :)
smithy_dll
Former Team Member

Post by smithy_dll »

Systems Engineering
Crogon

Post by Crogon »

ah so.. ^^

I just tried area 51 first and found this one: ;)

http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/viewtopic.php?t=15391

I just had someone else ask for the flag pack I made for the country flag mod (not to kick a dead horse), do you suppose it would be ok if I posted it in the new release thread for EasyMod, since Country Flags is distributed with EasyMod?

Hmm, I should probably ask Nuttzy in the thread, eh?
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

I know there is a lot of talk about how long it takes for the team to validate mods, but I just want to say that I've had a great experience with this so far. I submitted 5 mods all at once about 6 weeks ago and in the last 3 days I've received all of them back with comments on what I need to do to complete validation. Much quicker turnaround than I was led to expect. THese guys are working as volunteers and I think they do a great job...thanks, gang.
Alfy420

Post by Alfy420 »

i would liek to release/validate my mod but i am not certain on how to i've gone to the "phpBB2 MOD validator tool" which i don't know even if im soposed to but i think so but i get this error

Code: Select all

Incorrect MOD Author Syntax on line: 4

## MOD Author: Alfy420 < [email protected] > Alfredo http://www.alfysworld.shyper.com/hd/index.php
all the rest say no problems
Alfy420

Post by Alfy420 »

i have fixed the problems above it turns out i jus needed to put my name in parenthasis

after Overall it said
The MOD passed the MOD pre-validation process, please check over for elements computers cannot detect.

What do i have to do now?
smithy_dll
Former Team Member

Post by smithy_dll »

read the eff-aye-que
Systems Engineering
yawnmoth

Post by yawnmoth »

for mods that have already been validated but either rejected or just aren't the newest versions, why don't ya'll just validate the changes? if the mod is just a new version, everything else should already validate, and if its to correct a rejected mod, the changes should both validate and address whatever reason was given for the mods rejection...
smithy_dll
Former Team Member

Post by smithy_dll »

yawnmoth wrote: for mods that have already been validated but either rejected or just aren't the newest versions, why don't ya'll just validate the changes? if the mod is just a new version, everything else should already validate, and if its to correct a rejected mod, the changes should both validate and address whatever reason was given for the mods rejection...

Do you have any idea of how we validate MODs or why we do it? :wink:
Systems Engineering

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”