User IP Logs

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

User IP Logs

Post by Extensions Robot » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:33 am

Modification name: User IP Logs
Author: Typo
Modification description: This mod will log all unique ip's from all registered users as they log in.

To avoid redundant logging the mod only records unique IP's for each user. If a user log's on with an IP that they have no previously logged in with, the new IP will be recorded.

The mod add's a new section to the logs area in the ACP which allow's you to very easily view the User IP Logs.
Modification version: 1.0.1
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.7-pl1

Download file: user_ip_logs_1-0-1.zip
File size: 141.37 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extensions Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

User IP Logs

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:33 am

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Typo
Former Team Member
Name: Jeremy Lorenzo

User IP Logs

Post by Typo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:33 am

Screenshot: (the screenshot only shows one entry because its my test server)

Boardtalk.net
Name: Colette

Re: User IP Logs

Post by Boardtalk.net » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Congratulations on the validation, would it be possible to also log ’guests’ with this too?

wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:52 am

I think you didn't get what this mod is all about or you didn't even read the description. This mod logs IPs for users if they log in, so since guests don't log in this won't work. On the other hand, if you would log every IP from every guest, this ip log will soon be too large to take benefit from it.

liquorburn

Post by liquorburn » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:58 pm

hello,
I found how to install your mod (in fact, there are no instructions...) but after installing it, there is no menu entry "user IP logs" under "Maintenance" section.
Please, could you submit some instructions on how to correctly install your mod?

edit: my forum is using italian language... don't know if this could be an issue...
LiquorBurn

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:25 pm

I will try this out. Got a board where registering User IP's is a good thing.

Is it compatible with Thouls ABD Ip Search mod?
I am done with phpBB

sevenalive
Translator
Name: Robert

Post by sevenalive » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:03 pm

I have an issue, I am using the advanced block mod when adds a log to the acp to log blocks. the ip log and the block log are both displaying the block log. I am guessing instead of define('LOG_USERS_IP', 4); it should be 5.

Edit. changing it to 5 worked. So if you have additional logs, 4 likely isn't going to work, you will need to increase the number to the next available one.

Example

Code: Select all

define('LOG_CUSTOM', 4);
define('LOG_USERS_IP', 5);

PinoyEngine™

Post by PinoyEngine™ » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:27 am

this is freaki'n great! I am really bothered by those multi IP users. :D

Samanthavv

Post by Samanthavv » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:01 am

So, does it record ALL of the IPs a user logs in with? Or is there a way to make it do that?>
I am a BIRTH DOULA.
I use CLOTH DIAPERS.
My son is exclusively BREASTFED.
I have donated my MILK to 8 other babies in need.
I keep a BLOG at http://www.anotherteenmom.com

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:18 am

Installed and testet, its logging absolutely nothing.
Triple-checked the few edits.
What could be the problem?
I am done with phpBB

Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 am

wolfman24 wrote:I think you didn't get what this mod is all about or you didn't even read the description. This mod logs IPs for users if they log in, so since guests don't log in this won't work. On the other hand, if you would log every IP from every guest, this ip log will soon be too large to take benefit from it.
Hi Wolfman, yes I did get what this mod is all about but was wondering if it was possible to tweak the mod to also log visiting IP’s and as for it soon being too large, well what’s wrong with logging the top 20 or so visiting IP?

wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:29 am

Because visitors do not log in. This mod only logs IPs when a user logs in, even for Autologin nothing is logged, only for a login. You are looking for a different mod. I can't explain it better, take care of the bold words.

Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:02 pm

wolfman24 wrote:Because visitors do not log in. This mod only logs IPs when a user logs in, even for Autologin nothing is logged, only for a login. You are looking for a different mod. I can't explain it better, take care of the bold words.
What part of ‘I did get what this mod is all about’ did you not understand, the questions was addressed to the mod author which you are not.

wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:08 pm

And what else should the mod author say? You are still looking for a different mod which would need a different design and different coding. But feel free to wait for the authors answer. I just wanted to tell you from a coding perspective, that without design changes your request won't work.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”