[ABD] Mass email HTML V 0.6.3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
doggydog

Re: [BETA] Mass email HTML

Post by doggydog »

The MOD work not fine?

70% of my users receiving not the e-mail?

Sorry for my bad englisch :?
Last edited by doggydog on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please

Post by please »

Now it is saying that the admin_send_email.html.txt file is missing. This is a LIE. This mod was release before it was ready. Why is it sayingt a file is missing that is there. does it cache things somewhere? It seems to retain image paths to images long after they are changed.
I made a change to the file listed above, but the change did not show up.

So I deleted the file and re-uploaded it. Now it says the file is not there.
Why does no one answer my questions. PLEASE HELP!
This is the first mod that I have gotten from this site that did not work the way it is advertised. Doesn't anyone care. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
please

Post by please »

OK, This is ridiculous. There is not that much that changes with this mod.....Must be that it is just pooply written... BEWARE people.

No one here to help you. I have been trying for 2 days to get an answer for just a cople of things and have yet to get a response.

Why can it not find the admin_send_email_html.txt file. This is a file that is part of the mod its self.

Duh.
looks good at first...just does not work. :roll: :roll:
please

Post by please »

OH Well. I finally got it working half way.
I am writing this to WARN others here. THIS IS THE WORST MOD THAT HAS EVER BEEN OFFERED ON THIS SITE!
The formatting of th html sucks big time. What you see is not what you get. You have to play with the code just to get it to do anything close to what you want.
Sometimes it will send some times it won't. I even have trouble getting it to send just one email to myself sometimes.

Sure do wish I had never seen this thing.

Do yourself a favor and don't bother. The person that pretended to write this thing should stick to something he knows how to do. Not much to change in the installation. Not sue what the install file has done to my forum.

I hope the developer sees this. But I doubt it. He has not been around for quite sometime it appears...I would hide too! :roll: :roll: :roll: :!: :!: :!:
John P
Name: John

Post by John P »

I'm using this mod for over two years now and it's doing exactly what it promised.
Webhosting, Custom MODs, Technical management, MOD installation and Webdesign
Techit

Post by Techit »

please wrote:OH Well. I finally got it working half way.
I am writing this to WARN others here. THIS IS THE WORST MOD THAT HAS EVER BEEN OFFERED ON THIS SITE!
The formatting of th html sucks big time. What you see is not what you get. You have to play with the code just to get it to do anything close to what you want.
Sometimes it will send some times it won't. I even have trouble getting it to send just one email to myself sometimes.

Do yourself a favor and don't bother. The person that pretended to write this thing should stick to something he knows how to do. Not much to change in the installation. Not sue what the install file has done to my forum.

I hope the developer sees this. But I doubt it. He has not been around for quite sometime it appears...I would hide too! :roll: :roll: :roll: :!: :!: :!:
Pull your head out your arse mate, I've been running this mod for a while now and works perfect, no problems here. Ive edited the text file to include my HTML header and footer, and then using the ACP just output what i would like inside the news letter and works perfect.

Must be how you have installed it.
Name: James Simpson
Websites: Swift Owners :: James Simpson
please

Post by please »

Stef775 wrote:I'm using this mod for over two years now and it's doing exactly what it promised.
nope not true
There are not enough changes to files for someone to make a mistake on installation. It simply does not do what it says. Perhaps others are sending very simple html emails. This program handles tables poorly. The emails do not go to everyone. Even addresses that I know are correct. Heck I do not even receive the emails. Some people do receive the email some don't.I have installed many mods from this site and this is the first one that has caused problems.

I run an arcade from here. a photo gallery and many others. if it is working for you consider yourself lucky. I have noticed many others posting that it did not work for them either. So I am not alone. I am happy that it works for you. :D
Last edited by please on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please

Post by please »

Techit wrote:
please wrote:OH Well. I finally got it working half way.

Pull your head out your arse mate, I've been running this mod for a while now and works perfect, no problems here. Ive edited the text file to include my HTML header and footer, and then using the ACP just output what i would like inside the news letter and works perfect.

Must be how you have installed it.
I see no reason for your vulgarity.

If it is working for you consider yourself lucky. I have noticed many others posting that it did not work for them either. So I am not alone. reacting with statements such as this reflects a childish mentality. (Not sure who has their head where)

Editing the text file will not fix what this mod has done to my forum.... I need uninstall instructions. The original files to edit I have. but I have no clue what changes the install file has made.

By the way I have over 25 years of I.T. experience. I do not claim to know everything, but I can follow instructions.
laurentb

Post by laurentb »

Hello
I have everything installed properly but it does not send email (sending normal email works)
I do not know where it comes from
Thank you
d0man199

Post by d0man199 »

In this mod I can write eg. {USERNAME} and in mail it will be as eg. d0man199?
yatinbhatt

Post by yatinbhatt »

Main issue is the MOD author is not responding on this thread ... and hence no point is wasting time ...
ksar

Post by ksar »

laurentb wrote:Hello
I have everything installed properly but it does not send email (sending normal email works)
I do not know where it comes from
Thank you
Have you done this?
HOW TO TEST THE MAIL FUNCTION

1°) Download this : HERE
2°) Unzip the archive
3°) Upload the test_mail.php on your serveur
4°) browse to http://your_forum_adress/test_mail.php

Post the result here

d0man199 wrote:In this mod I can write eg. {USERNAME} and in mail it will be as eg. d0man199?
For now no. It will be possible in the future.
yatinbhatt wrote:Main issue is the MOD author is not responding on this thread ... and hence no point is wasting time ...
Just for your information :
- I have a work and to live to manage, and for sure phpbb3 mods are not my priority.
- To answer to someone who is not able to install a simple mod like that it's a "waste of time" for me

@++
mail to post mod : A new mod, to "replace" the mail2form mod that is not working in phpbb3 (it will be more simple at the beging). Estimated Release Date : November 2010
Invitation mod : Translate to English my mod and update.
Tranlate mod : update of the mod and at the possibility for users to write message in any language
email html: Add template feature
laurentb

Post by laurentb »

Thank
The email has been sent with succes.
The mail function is activated.
Check if you recevie it!!
Last edited by laurentb on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ksar

Post by ksar »

laurentb wrote:Thank
http://bonneau.siteparc.fr/forums/
The email has been sent with succes.
The mail function is activated.
Check if you recevie it!!
And you have receved it?
mail to post mod : A new mod, to "replace" the mail2form mod that is not working in phpbb3 (it will be more simple at the beging). Estimated Release Date : November 2010
Invitation mod : Translate to English my mod and update.
Tranlate mod : update of the mod and at the possibility for users to write message in any language
email html: Add template feature
laurentb

Post by laurentb »

I have not received anything in my letter box
Last edited by laurentb on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”