Country Flag User Edition

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Seanzky

Re: Country Flag User Edition

Post by Seanzky »

Hi,

I used AutoMOD to install this mod but I can't seem to get it working. I don't see the drop down menu where one can choose their country whether a current user or a new registration. I also can't see the Countery: (FLAG) in the posts. I tried to uninstall the mod from AutoMOD but it gives me that "Retry"/"Force Uninstall" red sign. I'm afraid to mess things up if I force it to uninstall. I was hoping to uninstall it and reinstall it the conventional way. But if I can get help to fix this without doing all that, I would really appreciate it.

I've read here somewhere about running the install file first then uploading the edits? I'm not sure what that means. Help, please? Thanks!
--Sean
Seanzky

Post by Seanzky »

Also, should regular users be allowed to manage country flags in the permissions? I'm not quite sure what "manage country flag" means. If it means they can choose their own or if it means that they can manage the country flags mod.
--Sean
azdolfan

Post by azdolfan »

Redy -

Did you back up your files and database before you installed the mod? You should always because if you don't, manually backing up is never a for sure thing. My one attempt failed and was the only time I installed a mod and it didn't work. Does it work with another style like prosilver? If it does, you need to manually update the style or get a new one like I did. I'm definitely not a professional, but I've been in this situation and know the feeling. And, am thrilled I just got a new style instead of attempting to update.

But, I would suggest you bring this topic to a new thread, because your problem is not related to this mod. Again, it happened with other mods to me when my style was out of date and was not related to a mod. Post the new thread when you do tho so anyone can follow you if they want. I will! Just my 2 cents!
azdolfan

Post by azdolfan »

I've read here somewhere about running the install file first then uploading the edits? I'm not sure what that means.

If you used AutoMod then you don't have to upload files. Automod will still post the directions if you were to manually install. But, always follow the DIY (Do it yourself) directions.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

The permissions that ask if users can manage the flags is so that they can change their flag in their profile, if I understand where you are looking.

What template are you using? Automod might not have edited your template files.
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

oddfish wrote:
azzurri wrote:I find the code thing a bit annoying. I remove flags to put in team logos instead and I have a couple of hundred logos. Since the "code" is only 2 characters I can go up to 99 and then I have to use various combinations like a1, a2, a3 and so on. Hard to keep track because if you add two of the same codes it will mess up your logos. It would be much, much better if the codes where 3 or 4 characters so I could go up to at least 999.
nice. you can adjust it yourself with accesss to your database and one edit.
mysql:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_flags` CHANGE `flag_code` `flag_code` VARCHAR( 32 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` CHANGE `user_flag` `user_flag` VARCHAR( 32 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL;
Open adm/style/acp_flags.html
FIND

<dd><input name="flag_code" type="text" id="flag_code" value="{FLAG_CODE}" maxlength="2" /></dd>
change maxlength="2" to maxlength="32" and refresh.
That was easier than I would have imagined. This just made this mod one of the best. Thank you!
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

I have some trouble I believe with the above solution. When I register a new user and choose a team with a "team" (flag) that has a 3 character code I get the following error...
The value you entered is too long
But an already registered user can choose this flag without problems.

EDIT

I think I might have solved it...

in includes/ucp/ucp_register.php I changed...

'flag'				=> array('string', !$config['require_flag'], 2, 2),// ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 (2 letters format)
to

'flag'				=> array('string', !$config['require_flag'], 2, 32),// ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 (2 letters format)
Is this correct?
oddfish

Post by oddfish »

my apologies azzurri - that appears to be correct -- thanks.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

No...thank YOU! :D
vigge_swe

Post by vigge_swe »

There is a bug when using the phpBB SEO mod: http://forums.tutorialhou.se/programmin ... hp-t8.html

The flag appears as Country: Sweden (se)

If you go to the post like this it works: http://forums.tutorialhou.se/post12.html#p12

Anyone know a fix?
nicolass
Name: Nick Hyde

Post by nicolass »

Hi

Very keen on using the "Country Flag User Edition" , I installed it using Automod, all seem ed to be fine until I tried to select a user. The message below popped up on the screen:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'web101-a-foru-66.phpbb_flags' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb_flags ORDER BY flag_country

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/cache.php
LINE: 151
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: memberlist.php
LINE: 68
CALL: cache->obtain_flags()

Tried other operations with the same result with the same issue and so I uninstalled the MOD using Automod, this was eventually achieved but there were errors:

Find
'SELECT' => 'u.user_id, u.group_id as default_group, u.username, u.username_clean, u.user_colour, u.user_flag, u.user_rank, u.user_posts, u.user_allow_pm, g.group_id, g.group_name, g.group_colour, g.group_type, ug.user_id as ug_user_id',

In-Line Find
in-line-replace

The In-Line Find specified by the MOD could not be found.The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

Find
$user_row['flag_country'] = $user_row['flag_code'] = $user_row['flag_img'] = $user_row['flag_img_src'] = $user_row['rank_title'] = $user_row['rank_image'] = $user_row['rank_image_src'] = $user_row['email'] = '';

In-Line Find
in-line-replace

The In-Line Find specified by the MOD could not be found.The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

Find
<th class="info"><a href="{U_SORT_WEBSITE}#memberlist">{L_WEBSITE}</a>{L_COMMA_SEPARATOR}<a href="{U_SORT_LOCATION}">{L_LOCATION}</a>{L_COMMA_SEPARATOR}<a href="{U_SORT_FLAG}">{L_COUNTRY}</a></th>

In-Line Find
in-line-replace

It may be a problem with the database, please let me know if you require anymore information.

Thanks
vigge_swe

Post by vigge_swe »

nicolass wrote:Hi

Very keen on using the "Country Flag User Edition" , I installed it using Automod, all seem ed to be fine until I tried to select a user. The message below popped up on the screen:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'web101-a-foru-66.phpbb_flags' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb_flags ORDER BY flag_country

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/cache.php
LINE: 151

FILE: memberlist.php
LINE: 68
CALL: cache->obtain_flags()

Tried other operations with the same result with the same issue and so I uninstalled the MOD using Automod, this was eventually achieved but there were errors:

Find
'SELECT' => 'u.user_id, u.group_id as default_group, u.username, u.username_clean, u.user_colour, u.user_flag, u.user_rank, u.user_posts, u.user_allow_pm, g.group_id, g.group_name, g.group_colour, g.group_type, ug.user_id as ug_user_id',

In-Line Find
in-line-replace

Find
$user_row['flag_country'] = $user_row['flag_code'] = $user_row['flag_img'] = $user_row['flag_img_src'] = $user_row['rank_title'] = $user_row['rank_image'] = $user_row['rank_image_src'] = $user_row['email'] = '';

In-Line Find
in-line-replace

Find
<th class="info"><a href="{U_SORT_WEBSITE}#memberlist">{L_WEBSITE}</a>{L_COMMA_SEPARATOR}<a href="{U_SORT_LOCATION}">{L_LOCATION}</a>{L_COMMA_SEPARATOR}<a href="{U_SORT_FLAG}">{L_COUNTRY}</a></th>

In-Line Find
in-line-replace

It may be a problem with the database, please let me know if you require anymore information.

Thanks
Did you run the cf_install.php file?
nicolass
Name: Nick Hyde

Post by nicolass »

Hi
I did as suggested run cf_install.php.
After uploading the root containts to the forum root, once complete indictaed success, however when I went into .MODs tab, it came up with general error and the display page is below:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'web101-a-foru-66.FLAGS_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM FLAGS_TABLE ORDER BY flag_country

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/acp/acp_flags.php
LINE: 234

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_flags->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

So any help with the above would be gratefully appreciated, I am not so clude up on the database although always willing to learn

Thanks
3xtr3m3

Post by 3xtr3m3 »

Works on 3.0.7?
cisco007
Translator

Post by cisco007 »

yes, it does work on 3.0.7! ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”