[ABD] phpBB Social Network 0.7.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
djchrisnet

Re: [BETA] Facebook chat with fixed bottom bar

Post by djchrisnet »

/**
* @package phpBB3
* @version $Id: chat.php 0.1.0
* @copyright (c) 20010 Kamahl http://www.phpbb3hacks.com
*/
funny year :)

I hope you are alive when the copyright begins xD
issjut

Post by issjut »

djchrisnet wrote:I hope you are alive when the copyright begins xD
And I hope I can send a message to other users with this mod before the copyright date is reached^^ :D :D
sorry for my bad English ;-)
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

issjut wrote:
djchrisnet wrote:I hope you are alive when the copyright begins xD
And I hope I can send a message to other users with this mod before the copyright date is reached^^ :D :D
it runs with prosilver even now. there is just a small problem with other styles. i hope i will fix it until 20010 too
gennyna

Post by gennyna »

can i used this mod with Subsilver? :roll:
superj707

Post by superj707 »

I wish this mod had an ACP option that allows the site owner to set the mod such that only friends are shown in the online list for all users.
simvader

Post by simvader »

looks like this is not worked on anymore.. :(
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

I definitely continue in developing this MOD, I myself consider it as the best chat solution for phpbb, but you all have to wait a little, i dont have time for MODs now :) Appreciate that you like my MOD :)
gennyna

Post by gennyna »

then again you can adapt it to subsilver?
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

yes, but later. priorite no.1 is solve the IDs problem and compatibility with all prosilver styles
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

simvader wrote:looks like this is not worked on anymore.. :(
Geez, give the guy a chance, he only put it up this month?
nagwani

Post by nagwani »

Alright, been up almost 6 hours straight since I've seen this amazing mod and it is almost 4:30 AM now!!!. Loved the mod and have integrated with IcyPhoenix's Black Pearl theme on my forums.

The user ids showing up instead of the username was nagging me no end, so I decided to give it a shot and here is what I have been able to come up with. Please bear with me if you find any issues with mod mod :D as I've tackled coding after almost 4 years and been using phpBB only for about 15 days.

One of the issues I know still remains is that of the document.title. The blinking title still reads the user_id instead of the username and am too exhausted to tackle that at this moment.

To get the username showing up, you need to edit 3 files:

overall_header.html
Find:

Code: Select all

<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:chatWith('{online_row.USER_ID}')">{online_row.AVATAR} <span>{online_row.USERNAME}</span>{online_row.STATUS}</a>
Replace with:

<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:chatWith('{online_row.USER_ID}', '{online_row.USERNAME}')">{online_row.AVATAR} <span class="chatlist">{online_row.USERNAME}</span>{online_row.STATUS}</a>
chat.php
Find:

$sql = 'SELECT * FROM ' . CHAT_TABLE . '
            WHERE (' . CHAT_TABLE . '.to = "'.$db->sql_escape($_SESSION['user_id']).'" AND recd = 0)
            ORDER BY id ASC';
Replace with:

$sql = 'SELECT ' . CHAT_TABLE . '.*, ' . USERS_TABLE . '.username FROM ' . CHAT_TABLE . ', ' . USERS_TABLE . '
            WHERE (' . CHAT_TABLE . '.to = "'.$db->sql_escape($_SESSION['user_id']).'" AND recd = 0 AND ' . USERS_TABLE . '.user_id=' . CHAT_TABLE . '.from)
            ORDER BY id ASC';
Find:

$items .= <<<EOD
					   {
			"s": "0",
			"f": "{$chat['from']}",
Add After:

"fu": "{$chat['username']}",
Find:

$_SESSION['chatHistory'][$chat['from']] .= <<<EOD
		 {
			"s": "0",
			"f": "{$chat['from']}",
Add After:

"fu": "{$chat['username']}",
chat.js
Find:

var user_id;
Add After:

var username;
Find:

function chatWith(chatuser) {
	createChatBox(chatuser);
Replace with:

function chatWith(chatuser, chatboxUsernameAsTitle) {
	createChatBox(chatuser, chatboxUsernameAsTitle);
Find:

function createChatBox(chatboxtitle,minimizeChatBox) {
Replace with:

function createChatBox(chatboxtitle,chatboxUsernameAsTitle,minimizeChatBox) {
Find:

.html('<div class="chatboxhead"><div class="chatboxtitle">'+chatboxtitle+'</div><div class="chatboxoptions"><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:toggleChatBoxGrowth(\''+chatboxtitle+'\')">-</a> <a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:closeChatBox(\''+chatboxtitle+'\')">X</a></div><br clear="all"/></div><div class="chatboxcontent"></div><div class="chatboxinput"><textarea class="chatboxtextarea" onkeydown="javascript:return checkChatBoxInputKey(event,this,\''+chatboxtitle+'\');"></textarea></div>')
Replace with:

.html('<div class="chatboxhead"><div class="chatboxtitle">'+chatboxUsernameAsTitle+'</div><div class="chatboxoptions"><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:toggleChatBoxGrowth(\''+chatboxtitle+'\')">-</a> <a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:closeChatBox(\''+chatboxtitle+'\')">X</a></div><br clear="all"/></div><div class="chatboxcontent"></div><div class="chatboxinput"><textarea class="chatboxtextarea" onkeydown="javascript:return checkChatBoxInputKey(event,this,\''+chatboxtitle+'\');"></textarea></div>')
Find:

createChatBox(chatboxtitle);
Replace with:

createChatBox(chatboxtitle, item.fu);
Find:

newMessagesWin[chatboxtitle] = true;
					$("#chatbox_"+chatboxtitle+" .chatboxcontent").append('<div class="chatboxmessage"><span class="chatboxmessagefrom">'+item.f+':&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span class="chatboxmessagecontent">'+item.m+'</span></div>');
Replace with:

newMessagesWin[chatboxtitle] = true;
					$("#chatbox_"+chatboxtitle+" .chatboxcontent").append('<div class="chatboxmessage"><span class="chatboxmessagefrom">'+item.fu+':&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span class="chatboxmessagecontent">'+item.m+'</span></div>');
Find:

$("#chatbox_"+chatboxtitle+" .chatboxcontent").append('<div class="chatboxmessage"><span class="chatboxmessagefrom">'+user_id+':&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span class="chatboxmessagecontent">'+message+'</span></div>');
Replace with:

$("#chatbox_"+chatboxtitle+" .chatboxcontent").append('<div class="chatboxmessage"><span class="chatboxmessagefrom">'+username+':&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span class="chatboxmessagecontent">'+message+'</span></div>');
Find:

user_id = data.user_id;
Add After:

username = data.username;
Find:

createChatBox(chatboxtitle,1);
Replace with:

createChatBox(chatboxtitle,item.fu,1);
Find:

} else {
					$("#chatbox_"+chatboxtitle+" .chatboxcontent").append('<div class="chatboxmessage"><span class="chatboxmessagefrom">'+item.f+':&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span class="chatboxmessagecontent">'+item.m+'</span></div>');
				}
Replace with:

} else {
					$("#chatbox_"+chatboxtitle+" .chatboxcontent").append('<div class="chatboxmessage"><span class="chatboxmessagefrom">'+item.fu+':&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span class="chatboxmessagecontent">'+item.m+'</span></div>');
				}
This may be a crude hack and Kamahl may be able to integrate it better.

Cheers,
DeeJay
nagwani

Post by nagwani »

There is one step I forgot in the post above.

In chat.php

Find:

"user_id": "<?php echo $_SESSION['user_id'];?>",
Add After:

"username": "<?php echo $_SESSION['username'];?>",
Without this, the sender will see "undefined" in the chatbox of his/her session against the messages sent by him/her.

Cheers,
DeeJay
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Subscribed, thanks!
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
pegasus81

Post by pegasus81 »

Hi nagwani. I tried the changes you have proposed, but chat doesn't work. I've noticed that your style is based on subsilver as mine. May you help me? This is my forum: http://ingegneriapisa.altervista.org/index.php. Thanks. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”