accept terms for forums and subforums

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
migael
Name: migael degroot

accept terms for forums and subforums

Post by migael »

hi, I got a forum for 13 years and older atm however...

I want SOME area's in the forum to be 16+ and/or 18+
for this I would want that whenever you click the forum that you get a terms of agreement that you say that you are 16+ or 18+ (just once though)
after this it should allow the person to get in there...

I know this mod exists somewhere but I just cant seem to be able to find it...

because right now all people just pm me to let them into the 16+ and 18+ groups but the forums are simply growing too fast for me to handle all of them...

thx in advanced ^^
feel free to ask for more information or more detail if you need it :)
migael

Re: accept terms for forums and subforums

Post by migael »

so I seppose there's no simple way to implement this?...
it hassnt been made yet? >.>
migael

Post by migael »

I wouldnt mind to just know where I could try to start editing the codes you know...
so I can try and make it myself...

but I just cant do it alone -.-
migael

Post by migael »

*bump*

no-one is willing to give any support on this? >.>
oxfordsi

Post by oxfordsi »

migael,

I am currently in the process of putting together such a MOD for phpBB. I am ensuring that the registration page contains a tick box which will require a user to tick before being allowed to enter the forum as a registered user. If you have any other ideas please feel free to post below!

Simon
migael

Post by migael »

but if you're allready registered you wouldnt be able to enable this box anymore right?...

because for example you have a forum with a password on it it directs you to a page that asks you for a password...

I personally would like to replace that page with a bunch of text and a simple checkbox on the botton that says you agree with the bove stuff...

and once you click the confirm button it will most likely put something in the database so that this user can browse this forum at all times without having to check this box anymore...

____

I'm moderating a forum with over 500 users atm and I expect it to grow to 3000 within a year so that's why I want it like this ^^

and unfortunatly among users there are plenty of people who even mess up registration
(I dont know how but it happens)
so if there were an extra box at the registration it'd work for some.. but not for all >.<

____

another method would be to make users join a group and by joining this group they agree to this, this and this for example ^^

but exactly how and what do you plan to make it?...
because people allready have to agree on the general rules... which is that they're above 13 years and older...
which is allready some kind of terms of agreement...

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”