Login After Register

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
rohansakhale

Re: Login After Register

Post by rohansakhale »

I would like to test the v1.0.3 final version on my 3.0.7 board.

Can i have the link of working mod with no errors.

Thank you
paulnicholson

Post by paulnicholson »

Guys, you're gonna love me if I'm the first one to discover this!!!!

Auto redirect to avatar gallery page of your choice after registration.

Backup this file: includes/ucp/ucp_register.php

Now edit:

Find:

Code: Select all

$message = $message . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['RETURN_INDEX'], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx") . '">', '</a>');
Replace with something similar to this:

$auth->login($data['username'], $data['new_password']);
				$message = $message . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['RETURN_INDEX'], '<a href="http://www.theatrenetwork.com.au/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=avatar&display_gallery=1")>', '</a>');
This is the MOD from this topic plus it takes my new registered users directly to the avatar gallery. My gallery folder is called '1'. (You need gallery folders for the gallery to work). Just go to the gallery page when you're logged in as admin and then copy the web address (URL). Then paste it into the code like I did after '<a href="

Don't worry, they'll be logged in as themselves, not as admin.

Next I'm going to change the Text that appears on first login in the language folder somewhere. I haven't worked out auto redirect yet, people still have to click the link.
paulnicholson

Redirect to any page you want after registration

Post by paulnicholson »

FULL INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REDIRECT ANYWHERE ON REGISTRATION:
New members will see a welcome note you have written and be redirected to the URL of your choice. They will already be logged in so they can visit any page on your site.
  1. *Backup includes/ucp/ucp_register.php
    Backup language/en/common.php
    Backup language/en/ucp.php

*Okay, so apply the MOD from this forum, which is simply this:

Open: includes/ucp/ucp_register.php

FIND:

$message = $message . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['RETURN_INDEX'], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx") . '">', '</a>');
                      trigger_error($message);
    ADD BEFORE:

*So you now have this:

trigger_error($message);

FIND:

trigger_error($message);
    REPLACE WITH:

$message = $message . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['PROCEED'], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx") . '">', '</a>');
                      trigger_error($message);
    *FIND:

$message = $message . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['PROCEED'], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx") . '">', '</a>');
                      trigger_error($message);
    FIND IN LINE:

'<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx") . '">'
    REPLACE WITH:

'<a href="http://www.example.com">'
    So you now have this:
    $message = $message . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['PROCEED'], '<a href="http://www.example.com">', '</a>');
    trigger_error($message);

*Save and Put includes/ucp/ucp_register.php onto your webhost directory.

*OPEN: language/en/common.php

FIND:

'PRIVATE_MESSAGES'		=> 'Private messages',
    	'PRIVATE_MESSAGING'		=> 'Private messaging',
    ADD AFTER:

'PROCEED'		=> '%sProceed%s',
    *Save and Put language/en/common.php onto your webhost directory.

*OPEN: language/en/ucp.php

FIND:

'ACCOUNT_ADDED'					=> 'Thank you for registering, your account has been created. You may now login with your username and password.',
    REPLACE WITH SOMETHING LIKE:

'ACCOUNT_ADDED'					=> 'Congratulations! You are now a member of the sexiest theatre website in Australia. Jump right in and advertise yourself now, or simply post a comment in Theatre Chat. Remember to include lots of photos and YouTube videos of yourself. Above all, be entertaining :)',
    *Save and Put language/en/ucp.php onto your webhost directory.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My newly registered users are taken directly to the avatar gallery where they simply submit an avatar and are already in the User Control Panel, configuring their preferences. They should take a far greater interest in my site now that they've made a little nest for themselves.

I hope this works for you. Feel free to make it into a MOD. I can't be bothered.
TN-registration-redirect-1-0f-3-2010-03-16.jpg
TN-registration-redirect-1-0f-3-2010-03-16.jpg (207.43 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
TN-registration-redirect-2-0f-3-2010-03-16.jpg
TN-registration-redirect-2-0f-3-2010-03-16.jpg (167.94 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
TN-registration-redirect-3-0f-3-2010-03-16.jpg
TN-registration-redirect-3-0f-3-2010-03-16.jpg (238.68 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
myju

Post by myju »

I installed the version in the above post, on the following:
  • 3.0.7-PL1
  • debug - enabled
  • debug extra - enabled
Results:
  • Worked as intended
  • No debug errors
  • Validated for XHTML 1.0 Strict and CSS level 2.1
Thanks to comkidwizzer3, paulnicholson and whoever else collaborated on creating this mod, much appreciated. :)
w00t!

Post by w00t! »

What do you mean with "It will automatically ignore activation." I have user activation (by email) enabled, will this work with it? I think, by the sound of it, it won't...
paulnicholson

Post by paulnicholson »

w00t! wrote:What do you mean with "It will automatically ignore activation." I have user activation (by email) enabled, will this work with it? I think, by the sound of it, it won't...
"This will automatically log someone in after they register. It will automatically ignore activation."

You're right, this is REALLY AMBIGUOUS and could mean about fifty different things. What I think it means is that the email based activation system will be ignored, because the moment somebody registers, they will be logged in. If you have an email confirmation system in place, people are already having to spend three hundred seconds going and checking their email from a different program to click the confirmation link, so what's thirty seconds of typing their login details going to matter? Sorry, just being mean. This MOD doesn't seem to accomodate email confirmation security yet.
ravikum

Post by ravikum »

I think, if it ignores email confirmation after registration, there is a great chance of spam.
Any spammer can register with some invalid email and post spam
paulnicholson

Post by paulnicholson »

Spambots are common, but they can be blocked with a couple of registration page security checks. Human spammers are rare for me. Id prefer to make signing up easy. Slow sign ups are a deterrent to lots of people unless your website is irresistable.
w00t!

Post by w00t! »

paulnicholson wrote:
w00t! wrote:What do you mean with "It will automatically ignore activation." I have user activation (by email) enabled, will this work with it? I think, by the sound of it, it won't...
"This will automatically log someone in after they register. It will automatically ignore activation."

You're right, this is REALLY AMBIGUOUS and could mean about fifty different things. What I think it means is that the email based activation system will be ignored, because the moment somebody registers, they will be logged in. If you have an email confirmation system in place, people are already having to spend three hundred seconds going and checking their email from a different program to click the confirmation link, so what's thirty seconds of typing their login details going to matter? Sorry, just being mean. This MOD doesn't seem to accomodate email confirmation security yet.
What kind of reply was that? :? :lol:
myju

Post by myju »

After i installed this mod, this is what i did to redirect the user straight to the index.php page after clicking submit on the registration form, therefore bypassing/eliminating the confirmation page that contains the 'Proceed' link.

Open: includes/ucp/ucp_register.php

Find:

trigger_error($message);
Replace with:

redirect($redirect_url);
This validates in xhtml strict, but i am a novice at php so does anyone know if this is in keeping with standard coding practice for phpbb?
Comkid

Post by Comkid »

@myju: As the coder of this MOD, I would recommend that, you put this instead of your code:

redirect($redirect_url, false, true); 
That will allow it to accept external URLs, so, URLs that are not from your board root, like index.php would only work in that if the , false, true code wasn't there, so http://google.com wouldn't work, but if you add , false, true code it will work ;) But, index.php, would now, not work if you add that code ;)

Also, read the the third post on the first page, which has been updated ;)
paulnicholson wrote:Guys, you're gonna love me if I'm the first one to discover this!!!!

Auto redirect to avatar gallery page of your choice after registration.

Backup this file: includes/ucp/ucp_register.php

Now edit:

Find:

Replace with something similar to this:

$message = $message . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['RETURN_INDEX'], '<a href="http://www.theatrenetwork.com.au/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=avatar&display_gallery=1")>', '</a>');
This is the MOD from this topic plus it takes my new registered users directly to the avatar gallery. My gallery folder is called '1'. (You need gallery folders for the gallery to work). Just go to the gallery page when you're logged in as admin and then copy the web address (URL). Then paste it into the code like I did after '<a href="

Don't worry, they'll be logged in as themselves, not as admin.

Next I'm going to change the Text that appears on first login in the language folder somewhere. I haven't worked out auto redirect yet, people still have to click the link.
I had code like this (well, code that did the same thing) in version v1.0.2, sorry, for taking it down, but it had some errors. I'm close to finishing the ACP MODule, then I'll give out the v1.1, which will include what it states on the third post on the first page ;)
I ist Comkid :P
myju

Post by myju »

@Comkid

You've lost me on the external link stuff :D

Rather than having the phpbb installed in a sub-directory, I have phpbb installed on at the top domain location, say www.domain.com
So the index.php of my forum is located at www.domain.com/index.php
So if someone goes to www.domain.com or www.domain.com/index.php they land on the forum index page for both.

After a user clicks on the submit button on the register form they are redirected straight to www.domain.com

I'm not quite 100% sure what you mean so do you mean?
If i use the , false, true code i will be redirected to www.domain.com
Whereas if i do not use the , false, true code i will be redirected to www.domain.com/index.php in my case (or {root}/index.php for people who have the forum installed on a sub-directory)

If that is what you mean, should i keep using without the , false, true code since my forum is installed on my top directory?

I know i'm probably completely misunderstanding you so apologies in advance ;)
Comkid

Post by Comkid »

Alright, let me reexplain ;)

redirect('index.php'); 
Will work fine, but this won't

redirect('http://google.com'); 
Now but if you do this:

redirect('http://google.com', false, true); 
It will work, but the one under won't work anymore:

redirect('index.php', false, true); 
myju

Post by myju »

Ah! i understand now :idea:

Very good too, that's good to know so people can know which code to use depending on if they want to redirect their users to www.example.com rather than www.example.com/phpbb/index.php

Excellent stuff Comkid, thanks! :)
Comkid

Post by Comkid »

No problems, hopefully, v1.1 will come out, tomorrow :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”