[MODDB] Private Message Moderation

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
emule

Re: [RC] Private Message Moderation

Post by emule »

please help me,

Code: Select all

Retourner à l’index du forum Erreur générale
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(t.folder_id) AS to_folder_id FROM (phpbb_privmsgs p) LEFT JOIN [1064]

SQL

SELECT p.*, u.username, t.user_id, GROUP_CONCAT(t.folder_id) AS to_folder_id FROM (phpbb_privmsgs p) LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u ON (p.author_id = u.user_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_privmsgs_to t ON (p.msg_id = t.msg_id) WHERE t.pm_deleted != 1 GROUP BY t.msg_id ORDER BY msg_id DESC LIMIT 25

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 221
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_privmsgs_mod.php
LINE: 466
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_privmsgs_mod->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

I just installed the mod and I have the following error. I stated that the installation went well without errors, can you help me

thank you in advance
twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ »

@image45:

There are a couple of DIY steps after running AutoMOD: running an install script much like you do after installing phpBB or AutoMOD themselves, and then deleting that script. See the first post at the top of this thread for details on the installation process.

Version 1.5.4 has been waiting in the review queue since 3/21. I have no idea what sort of schedule the reviewers operate on so I don't know when they'll get to it.
TwoSheds
twosheds at twosheds dot com
http://twosheds.com
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

twosheds_ wrote:Version 1.5.4 has been waiting in the review queue since 3/21. I have no idea what sort of schedule the reviewers operate on so I don't know when they'll get to it.
I submitted one of my MODs that same day as well. They normally take about a week and a half to approve or deny it. So they should do so tomorrow or around then. ;)
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ »

@emule:

That SQL statement does not produce an error for me. I ran the SQL query that you posted in a mySQL 4.1.2 database and it worked fine.

From the error message you posted it looks like you have configured phpBB to use mysql4. Does that really match the database that you are using? The SQL query that you posted is generated by the phpBB database interface code. If you have not set the database type properly in the phpBB config file that could cause a problem like this.
TwoSheds
emule

Post by emule »

Yes, I have a sql database mysql 4.0, it is absolutely a basic sql 5.0 for this to work?
twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ »

No, mySQL 5 is not required.

I do not know what to tell you. The mySQL query that you posted does not result in a syntax error with my mySQL 4.1.2 database.
TwoSheds
emule

Post by emule »

well, I tried with a mysql database 5, and it works perfectly. It would seem that this is necessary.
image45
Name: Robert

Post by image45 »

When I uploaded this mod and checked on the details it says that it was created for phpBB3 3.06, while I am using 3.05. I thought this was originally created for version 3.05.

Did I get this wrong and will it not work with this version?
twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ »

It was originally created using phpBB 3.0.6. I have no idea whether it will work with 3.0.5 or not. Try it and see.
TwoSheds
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

image45 wrote:When I uploaded this mod and checked on the details it says that it was created for phpBB3 3.06, while I am using 3.05. I thought this was originally created for version 3.05.

Did I get this wrong and will it not work with this version?
Since it is just an ACP module with no file edits, I don't see why it wouldn't work with 3.0.5. And it won't hurt anything to try. If you don't feel comfortable trying on a live board, even though I don't see anything breaking if you do, you can always install a clean phpbb 3.0.5 test board and try it there. Or you can just update your board to 3.0.7-PL1 and then there's no issue. :mrgreen:
image45

Post by image45 »

twosheds_ wrote:It was originally created using phpBB 3.0.6. I have no idea whether it will work with 3.0.5 or not. Try it and see.
Hello

Update and for members info:

I uploaded the Mod and installed it.

I run the install file from my forum URL and then deleted it from the root directory as requested to as the board would no longer work with it in place.

The board is now running fine and the new tab in the ACP is working correctly, the module management script created the tab with no issues.

Thanks for the permission changes.

My phpBB version is: 3.0.5

My AutoMOD Version is:1.0.0-RC3

Thanks ~ Robert
image45

Post by image45 »

image45 wrote:
twosheds_ wrote:It was originally created using phpBB 3.0.6. I have no idea whether it will work with 3.0.5 or not. Try it and see.
Hello

Update and for members info:

I uploaded the Mod and installed it.

I run the install file from my forum URL and then deleted it from the root directory as requested to as the board would no longer work with it in place.

The board is now running fine and the new tab in the ACP is working correctly, the module management script created the tab with no issues.

Thanks for the permission changes.

My phpBB version is: 3.0.5

My AutoMOD Version is:1.0.0-RC3

Thanks ~ Robert
Last edited by image45 on Sun May 02, 2010 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

This mod kinda takes the "Private" out of "Private Messages" doesn't it.... :shock:
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

Stitch625 wrote:This mod kinda takes the "Private" out of "Private Messages" doesn't it.... :shock:
Technically, messages are still not entirely private even without this MOD, as anyone with database access (you, any co-admin that you give database access to, your host, your host's host, etc.) can view the phpbb_privmsgs table and see any and all PMs. Kind of like E-Mail. While you normally don't expect anyone else to read your emails, your email provider does still have access to them.

All this MOD does is give a graphical representation of the information stored in the database so that it is easier to follow discussions and stuff. In my opinion, this MOD should only be used, for instance, if someone complains about someone else abusing them via PM, and then you can go and verify that by reading the PM history.

Anyway, twosheds_ wrote the following in the first post of the thread and I think we should stick with it:
I am well aware (and you should be too) that there are potential legal and ethical issues associated with the monitoring of "private messages" on a bulletin board. I made my own judgment about those issues before I created this MOD for my board. You should make your own similar judgment before you use this MOD. I am not interested in having a discussion about all of that here. The topic has been beaten to death elsewhere. What I am interested in is a discussion about any technical issues associated with this MOD. I use it on my board and it works for me. I'm hoping that it will work as well for those of you who decide that you have a need for this sort of functionality.
myname123

Post by myname123 »

This mod is useful for me since i wanna delete all Pms which contain Ads links.
Btw, How to hide all messages from admin group or specific group in Private Messages Tab.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”