[2.0.18] Extended Private Message Notification

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
74%
Very Good
21%
Good
2%
Fair
2%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 42

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.18] Extended Private Message Notification

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Extended Private Message Notification
Author: ycl6
MOD Description: This MOD will allow receiver who enables e-mail notification when receiving new private message to have sender's username and message content included in the e-mail.

MOD Version: 1.2.0 (Updated 12/21/05)

Download File: Extended_PM_Notification_1.2.0.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 7689 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD sends an email to whoever a Private Message was sent to telling them who sent them a PM and what the message is.
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

Thank you wGEric for validation this MOD. I'll continue to keep this MOD updated for new versions of phpBB :)

~Mac
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

So this mod edits the PM mail messages so that it says who sent the PM?
Whos missing up my sig?
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

Not edit, but add the sender's username, and also the message itself to the email notification :wink:

~Mac
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

wow...thats cool and it works great,heres the message i got that i sent to my test account,incase anyone wants to see the actual message:

Code: Select all

Hello Shof515 Testing,

Member Shof515 from "Shof515.com" have just send you a new private message to
your account, and you have requested that you be notified on this event. The
content of the message is as follow: 
Can you please post? 

You can view your new message by clicking on the following link: 

http://shof515.com/(edit link)

Remember that you can always choose not to be notified of new messages by
changing the appropriate setting in your profile.

-- 
Thanks, Shof515

Whos missing up my sig?
yesterdayz

Post by yesterdayz »

I 99.99% sure I did this right, But I am not getting any e-mails saying I have a new Private Message.

Is there an option I need to enable to make this work? I log into my profile, and I dont see any options to receive e-mails when I get a new PM.

Any help would be great :)
yesterdayz

Post by yesterdayz »

forget it....I should have set up my SMTP settings, All good :)
GIT-R-DONE

[HELP NEEDED] Not working. :(

Post by GIT-R-DONE »

I applied this hack to my phpNuke site's files. I still receive the email notification, and it has the edited text, but it is not adding the 2 new variables. I have PHPNuke 7.4 with PHPBB 2.0.8, and I was applying the Extended_PM_Notification_1.1.5 hack.

I will quote to you the parts of the code edited, and quote the email notification that the users of my site receive.

privmsg.php

$privmsg_message = prepare_message($HTTP_POST_VARS['message'], $html_on, $bbcode_on, $smilies_on, $bbcode_uid);
                                //Extended_PM_Notification MOD
                                //Clean up all BBcode UID
                                $message_text = htmlspecialchars(trim(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['message'])));
                                $quote = $lang['Quote'];
                                $code = $lang['Code'];

//Clean up all BBcode tags
                                $bbcode_match = array('/\[quote=\&quot\;\w+\&quot\;\]/si', '/\[quote\]/si', '/\[\/quote\]/si', '/\[code\]/si', '/\[\/code\]/si', '/\[\w+\]/si', '/\[\/\w+\]/si', '/\[\w+=\w+\]/si', '/\[\/\w+=\w+\]/si','/\[\w+\]/si', '/\[\/\w+\]/si');
                                $bbcode_replace = array("\n$quote >>\n", "\n$quote >>\n","\n<< $quote\n", "\n$code >>\n","\n<< $code\n",'','','','','','');
                                $message_text = preg_replace($bbcode_match, $bbcode_replace, $message_text);
privmsg.php

$emailer->assign_vars(array(
                                        'USERNAME' => $to_username,
                                        'SENDER_USERNAME' => htmlspecialchars($userdata['username']),     //Extended_PM_Notification MOD
                                        'PM_MESSAGE' => $message_text,                                    //Extended_PM_Notification MOD
                                        'SITENAME' => $board_config['sitename'],
                                        'EMAIL_SIG' => (!empty($board_config['board_email_sig'])) ? str_replace('<br />', "\n", "-- \n" . $board_config['board_email_sig']) : '',
                                        'U_INBOX' => $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name . '?folder=inbox')
                                );
privmsg_notify.tpl

Subject: New Private Message has arrived
Charset: iso-8859-1

Hello {USERNAME},

The member, {SENDER_USERNAME} from "{SITENAME}" has just sent you a new private message, and you have requested that you be notified on this event. The content of the message is as follow:
{PM_MESSAGE}

{U_INBOX}

Remember that you can always choose not to be notified of new messages by changing the appropriate setting in your profile.

{EMAIL_SIG}
Now I am using WinSyntax 2.0 for a text editor, to avoid damaging the code with extra spaces.

Here is the email that the user receives:
Hello [AAE]-=GIT-R-DONE=-,

The member, from "AmericasArmyElite.com" has just sent you a new private message, and you have requested that you be notified on this event. The content of the message is as follow:

http://www.AmericasArmyElite.com/module ... lder=inbox

Remember that you can always choose not to be notified of new messages by changing the appropriate setting in your profile.

--
Thanks, The Web Team @ AmericasArmyElite.com

Note the missing senders name and missing private message text.

Not sure what I did wrong, or if this hack even works with PHPNuke. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------
[AAE]-=GIT-R-DONE=-
[email protected]
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

Probably it doesn't work in PHPNuke without more modification. Ya know phpBB and PHPNuke is quite different. And I don't play PHPNuke, so I wasn't sure what are the changes needs for you to use this MOD

~Mac
TMB

Post subject

Post by TMB »

It's a very tasty little mod.
Now, can we get it to include the Subject of the PM as well?
TMB

Post by TMB »

Ah.... we can.

The answer is here.
Ekac

Re: [2.0.7] Extended Private Message Notification

Post by Ekac »

MOD Database Manager wrote: Classification: 54 Communication

MOD Name: Extended Private Message Notification
Author: ycl6
MOD Description: This MOD will allow receiver who enables e-mail notification when receiving new private message to have sender's username and message content included in the e-mail

MOD Version: 1.1.5
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 3 Minutes

Download File: Extended_PM_Notification_1.1.5.zip
File Size: 5434 Bytes

Security Score:

will this work in version 2.0.10 ?
ycl6

Re: [2.0.7] Extended Private Message Notification

Post by ycl6 »

Ekac wrote: will this work in version 2.0.10 ?

Yes :wink:

~Mac
dextro

Post by dextro »

btw is there something similar to this but for topics?

I saw this on a competing BB and it's real usefull to me (seeing if the post is usefull or not :lol: ).

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”