[ALPHA] Talk 0.2.0 - a phpBB microblogging service

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
sitwi

Re: [ALPHA] Talk 0.2.0 - a phpBB microblogging service

Post by sitwi »

Anyone got any ideas on this? It's obviously the size of the avatar that's throwing it out, but it's only 125x125, and I don't know how to resize it within PHP.

Can anybody help? It's the ony thing that's preventing me from turning this over to the live site!
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

Can anybody help with this please? Hopefully a month is long enough to wait before bumping ;)
iankent

Post by iankent »

Hi everyone

Sorry its taken so long to get back here, I've been far too busy and still will be for a little while, but will definately be getting back to developing this mod again in the very near future!

I'll look into all the problems you've found and will hopefully be able to get an updated version out soon.
What is the difference between following someone and not following someone? When I tested it, it seems like you see everyone, whether or not you are following them.

Also, how does the group function actually work. I see how to create and join groups, but what happens then?
andrew55 - there are two timelines (or should be!), the 'Public timeline' and 'Your timeline'. The public timeline shows everything, regardless of who or where it came from. The 'your' timeline only shows things you post yourself, or things you choose to see (e.g., if you join a group, it then shows in your timeline, or if somebody replies to you it appears in your timeline). It's mainly of use on high traffic sites where lots of users using the same timeline (i.e. Public) means messages you were looking at on page 1 have jumped to page 30 if you refresh a few seconds later, so having a seriously slimmed down personal version really helps.

Groups are basically a way to coordinate how the above works. E.g., instead of me having to tag every user I want to send something to (e.g. @me @you @someone @them check out this post: blah), i can just do "!group check out this post: blah" and it appears in the personal timeline of anyone in the group

when I've got a few minutes spare I'll put some info together on the current position of the mod, so hopefully will have some news for you soon :)
andrew55

Post by andrew55 »

iankent - thanks for the explanation and again for such a great mod. I'm looking forward to future updates, especially a way to post a feed elsewhere (on the index page of the forum, ex). Thanks again.
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

this mod is EPIC! can't wait for it to be finnished.
A suggestion for a feature:
To automaticly "follow" your friends
plasmino

Post by plasmino »

Following... :D
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

Anyone got an answer for this, please?? It's surely just a question of resizing the avatar, but I don't know how?
sitwi wrote:Great job. A few questions, though:

Is there any guidance for permissions for this MOD, please?

The PM notifying of a tag chews up the URL - the code I get says:
Click here to view the notice
And why does the output appear like this...?

Meowmeow

Post by Meowmeow »

The links are dead, and the developer's forum is locked.
EsmerÖzcan
Name: Özcan Akbulut

Post by EsmerÖzcan »

Meowmeow wrote:The links are dead, and the developer's forum is locked.
bump

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”