User Notes/Warnings in Viewtopic

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Raven78uk

Re: User Notes/Warnings in Viewtopic

Post by Raven78uk »

Sorry no luck. dont have any of those lines in viewtopic_body.html

only those i supplied 2 posts up

And i dont care relly about the notes, warrnings is what i want to show to users :(
asdfasdf

Post by asdfasdf »

Just tried to install this MOD. But it seems like it's conflicting with ReIMG Image Resizer http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1696215

I'm getting this:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4261: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/notes_in_viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4263: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/notes_in_viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4264: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/notes_in_viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4265: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/notes_in_viewtopic.php:1)
Line 4261 to 4265 in /includes/functions.php is from the ReIMG Image Resizer MOD

header('Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8');

header('Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"');
header('Expires: 0');
header('Pragma: no-cache');
Anyone got an idea on how to get around this problem?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Please open /language/en/mods/notes_in_viewtopic.php in notepad++ and save the file as UTF-8 without BOM then reupload the file onto your server and see if that fixes the issue.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
asdfasdf

Post by asdfasdf »

I thought I already did that, but must have hid the wrong button cause is wasn't changed.
But it is now, and it works. Thanks!
starstuff

Post by starstuff »

Hey RMcGirr83,

I've edited all files, uploaded them, refreshed the styles (template+theme) and purged the cache.
The notes/warnings are not showing up in viewtopic. I didn't get any errors. Just not showing up.

I've installed many mods so I'm not really a beginner ;)
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Link to your forum please.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
starstuff

Post by starstuff »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Link to your forum please.
Forgive me! I'm stupid :shock:
Since I have a non new board I simply forgot to update the MySQL tables with already given warnings...
Sorry! Works like a charm :D
Phil7789

Post by Phil7789 »

Hey there,
it's me again ^^

Is it intended that notes AND warnings are counted to the "Notes: " section in the topic overview? I thought only notes are counted.

I am already using the warning mod by AOC, but there only the warnings are shown and i wanted to add this mod to give moderators the possibility to see if any user already has some notes, which could lead to a warning. The code of these two mods is not intersecting anywhere.

Thanks in advance
Phil
Phil7789

Post by Phil7789 »

Can nobody answer my question? Are the warnings supposed to increase the notes count?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

IIRC, issuing a warning also has a note attached to it...so yes, issuing a warning will increase note count.
Phil7789

Post by Phil7789 »

Thanks for the reply,
is it possible with this mod to substract or just do not add the warnings to the notes count, but only the notes ( or "feedback" entries )?

Phil
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Phil7789 wrote:Thanks for the reply,
is it possible with this mod to substract or just do not add the warnings to the notes count, but only the notes ( or "feedback" entries )?

Phil
Anything is possible....but not with this mod. You would have to edit the core code of the forum to do that (not sure why you would want to do that as I, personally, as an admin would want to know why the warning was issued).
Phil7789

Post by Phil7789 »

Sry if i did not make my point clear enough.

What i meant is that in the topic overview the warnings should be displayed in one row (as they are by this mod) and the notes in another row, but ONLY the feedback, so to say the real notes an admin wrote for this user. So you have the warnings on the one hand and the notes on the other. Right now you have warnings and notes + warnings, so i wanted to substract the warnings from the sum.

Perhaps it gets clearer hereby:
An admin writes a feedback/note for a user that says: "was rude to another member but apologized, bla bla" . So any other admin can see that the user has 1 note and if he shows the same behaviour the admin can warn this specific user.
Now the user has 2 notes, the real note and the warning, but the warning is additionally displayed in a second row, so it gets confusing, because an admin could think that there are two notes that might be important.

I guess i'm just talking to much and it gets even more confusing.

To sum up what i am trying to explain: I want the warnings in one row and ONLY the notes in another row, so i would have to substract the warnings from the "notes" row, so that only the feedbacks are shown.

Hope you got me
Phil

EDIT:
e.g. A user has 1 warning and 1 note it shows:
Warnings: 1
Notes: 2

what i want is:
Warnings: 1
Notes: 1
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Phil7789 wrote:Sry if i did not make my point clear enough.
I understood you perfectly.
Perhaps it gets clearer hereby:
An admin writes a feedback/note for a user that says: "was rude to another member but apologized, bla bla" . So any other admin can see that the user has 1 note and if he shows the same behaviour the admin can warn this specific user.
Now the user has 2 notes, the real note and the warning, but the warning is additionally displayed in a second row, so it gets confusing, because an admin could think that there are two notes that might be important.
Try this please

OPEN

includes/mcp/mcp_warn.php

FIND

user_notes = user_notes + 1,
remove it. Then when a user gets warned, note count will not be updated.
Phil7789

Post by Phil7789 »

Thank you for your outstanding support ;) even for dumbasses like me.

I just quick-tried that out and it seems to work, i added 1 note and 1 warning but the notes count increased only by 1.

The only thing i might have screwed up earlier is that after deleting all notes and warnings via the ACP this has no effect on the notes displayed.. They just stay at the same count, i purged the cache and refreshed the style. Is that my foolish checking around or are the entries not deleted from the database automatically?

Phil

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”