Runescape news.

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
coaster3000

Runescape news.

Post by coaster3000 »

Recently runescape made a new skill called dungeoneering. After about a day of having it. (until this post)
They found a bug that people where exploiting to level up super fast. Now servers are down to prevent further exploitation. there will be a rollback they said. Servers will be down until they have resolved the situation.

hmm after this post now it seems it already went back up. Well still anyone know exactly what this bug was??
Green Light

Re: Runescape news.

Post by Green Light »

I'm curious to see anyone else here who actually plays.
Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom

Post by Tom »

I'm curious to see what kind of discussion value this topic now has. :)
Tom C. - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site
nuckfan15
Name: Travis

Post by nuckfan15 »

Tom wrote:I'm curious to see what kind of discussion value this topic now has. :)
I think the original author was intending we read his mind. :lol: I personally could care less about this topic, but in the interest of everybody's sanity....

On 14 April 2010, at approximately 5:00pm (UTC), Jagex had to shut down the RuneScape servers due to a Dungeoneering related bug, and roll back everyone's accounts by about 30 minutes. The login server went offline by about an hour.
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeoneering
coaster3000

Post by coaster3000 »

um yea sorry. :( it turns out they deleted the news article too. well i was wondering exactly what happened. what caused a bug like that. if anyone knew. Very sorry. i tend to leave things out of post :(

Return to “General Discussion”