Install AutoMOD [help needed]

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
samlemine
Name: SidAhmed Ahmedou

Re: Install AutoMOD [help needed]

Post by samlemine »

DavidIQ wrote:You've done something strange to your site's sessions and is not AutoMOD related. One minute I was looking through it and it was using a blue style. The next page I loaded it was orange and black...
hello

because when u visit yesterday i was just changing the template according to http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12577195

so thats way u can check it today plz
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

DavidIQ wrote:You should also follow up on your own questions:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12481055
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Renee V

Post by Renee V »

I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I have spent the last 2 hours trying to install this AutoMOD. I probably would have been done if I just installed the mod myself without AutoMOD! It's late, I'm tired and frustrated. Please help.

First, my goal is to use WP-United to integrate my WP site and phpBB3 forum. I am trying to use AutoMOD to install WP-United because the stupid manual doesn't say HOW to install the damn MOD or WHERE to install it! So I'm hoping AutoMOD will do it for me.

I have downloaded the latest AutoMOD and uploaded it to my directry www/steadywithstyle.com/test_site. I have navigated to the /install folder, but there are only two files in there: automod_logo.png and index.php. Based on previous posts, I thought maybe I missunderstood the directions and that when the directions said "Install" they meant index.php. Like everyone else, when I click on index.php, I get the login screen.

am I missing an "install" file? I tried downloading the file again and there is no "install" file in the "install" folder.
samlemine

Post by samlemine »

Hello

I Installed the automod i thing the problem was style and cookie , bcz when i install new style the Cookie secure: enable by it self so i put it disable and its working thank you Mr DavidIQ and Mr Kevin Clark

:D :D

but rest how to work with it lol
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Renee V wrote:Like everyone else, when I click on index.php, I get the login screen.
Well...are you actually logged in? You're supposed to be logged in as an administrator to install it.
Renee V

Post by Renee V »

DavidIQ wrote:Well...are you actually logged in? You're supposed to be logged in as an administrator to install it.
Yes, I'm logged in to the forum as admin, but when I click on steadywithstyle.com/test_site/install/index.php it opens a new window to the forum and asks me to log in again. Then what?
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

That sounds more like you have a cookies issue so make sure you have configured them correctly and that your script path is correct. And what exactly are you clicking on? There's nothing to click on produced by uploading AutoMOD... :?
Renee V

Post by Renee V »

DavidIQ wrote:That sounds more like you have a cookies issue so make sure you have configured them correctly and that your script path is correct.
How?
DavidIQ wrote: And what exactly are you clicking on? There's nothing to click on produced by uploading AutoMOD... :?
I swear that at some point when reading the install directions that it said to go to the install folder and click on the install file.

What it comes down to is that once I uploaded the AutoMOD files to my folder NOW WHAT?
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Renee V wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:That sounds more like you have a cookies issue so make sure you have configured them correctly and that your script path is correct.
How?
ACP -> Cookie settings
Renee V

Post by Renee V »

Ok, I found the cookie settings, but how do I know if they are set correctly? they are \;
Cookie domain: steadywithstyle.com
Cookie name: phpbb3_kb1fn
Cookie path: /
Cookie secure: disabled

Also, in two seperate AutoMOD installation forums, it says:

http://www.westhost.com/blog/2009/09/24 ... or-phpbb3/
"Once the files are in place, browse to the install directory (http://www.yoursite.com/phpbb/install) to run through the simple and painless installation."
This doesn't help me... what do I do when I get there!!!!

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1342275
After uploading the files, you need to run the install script. You will find it in the /install/ directory.
I don't have anything called "install.xxx" in my install folder. I only have two files, automod_logo.png and index.php.

Please help me.
Renee V

Post by Renee V »

It just hit me... I was navigating to the install directory from my control panel file manager, not actually pasting the URL into my browser!

NOW... when I got to the install area I got this message: "Information: This version of UMIL is outdated.
Please download the latest UMIL (Unified MOD Install Library) from: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/umil/"

Does this apply to me if I'm trying to install AutoMOD?
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Renee V wrote:It just hit me... I was navigating to the install directory from my control panel file manager, not actually pasting the URL into my browser!

NOW... when I got to the install area I got this message: "Information: This version of UMIL is outdated.
Please download the latest UMIL (Unified MOD Install Library) from: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/umil/"

Does this apply to me if I'm trying to install AutoMOD?
It's just a notice. You can continue with the installation without that being a problem. That will be updated on the next AutoMOD release.
Renee V

Post by Renee V »

Thanks for your help. It is working for me now.
karthikkck

Post by karthikkck »

Hi, I am having same problem here. When I visit "/install" I am getting redirected to login page..
I updated functions.php as mentioned in the discussion. I checked cookie settings too.
Still not able to install automod_1.0.0-rc3 on 3.0.7-PL1.
Please help me out.
samlemine

Post by samlemine »

karthikkck wrote:Hi, I am having same problem here. When I visit "/install" I am getting redirected to login page..
I updated functions.php as mentioned in the discussion. I checked cookie settings too.
Still not able to install automod_1.0.0-rc3 on 3.0.7-PL1.
Please help me out.
check your style and , burn the cache

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”