[DEV] Herald CMS

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
herald

[DEV] Herald CMS

Post by herald »

Modification Name: Herald CMS
Author: Herald

Modification Description:: A full fledge Content Management System that integrates with phpBB3
Modification Version:: 0.0.1

Features:
  • In built phpBB3 session and user integration. Herald and phpBB can either share or operate across different sub-domains and even different databases. Just tell Herald where your phpBB3 installation is and it automatically integrates itself, including automatically adding links to your board.

Support for multiple database engines (although, currently only mySQL/SQLi).

A powerful template engine for building dynamic content, not just HTML pages but also supports CSS, Java, XML, JSON and email (text or HTML based) content.

6 pre-defined page layouts allowing your pages to be built dynamically using some of the most popular page layout designs used today. 3 Column Blog style, no problem, a simple selection in the ACP will change the whole layout of your pages on the fly.

By installing additional style/theme packs you can tailor the look and feel of your whole web site, even down to individual pages. Herald comes with a port of phpBB3’s “prosilver” style pack and even the “ACP” style has been ported! So, all the administration screens can look friendly and familiar to you.

Extensive security features including XSS and form protection. You can also select either a simple user type access mask or a full fledged user/group access control list system for each page or even each page component.

Pages and there sub-components visibility can be controlled not just from the status (Draft, Pending Approval, Published etc.) or even a users permissions. Herald brings a full featured trigger system; Want a page to be available after a certain date or special banners to appear on regular anniversaries? It’s easy to add a trigger to further control when your content is made available, not just to who.

Herald’s extensible and modular architecture loads services, resources, library’s and feature sets when and only when required (akin to a Windows™ DLL). Adding new and exciting features will be a snap. Even if it’s a full blown feature rich shopping cart module or a simple page widget, extending the framework will take seconds.
Demo URL: http://www.php-herald.org

Modification Download: N/A

Hi All, this is not a full phpBB mod in the truest sense although there is a mod component to it. Herald is been developed from the ground up to fully integrate with phpBB offering a more seamless alternative CMS to webmasters.

There is a demo site and I'll be adding more content over the next week or so to fully show case the features.

I am hoping to drum up enough interest and support to continue the development, but I need help. So if you like what you see, have any development skills in PHP etc and the time, energy and desire, please get in touch.
Jorup16
Name: Jorge

Re: [DEV] Herald CMS

Post by Jorup16 »

Very interesting.
Spanish Translations for Ext phpBB :D - Traducciones al español para Ext phpBB :)
>>>>> https://github.com/Jorup16 <<<<<
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Looking good ;)
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
herald

Post by herald »

Thanks both, development moves on at a pace and I have now completed the initial Ajax implementation.

When you select any of the Feature items on the demo site, Herald delivers the content using Ajax.
Not only is the main content updated, but also all the breadcrumbs and even the document title
changes.
phpbb.it

Post by phpbb.it »

When the MOD release???
phpbb italian support phpbb.it
italian models passionelotto.com
plasmino

Post by plasmino »

wow nice!
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Sounds promising. I'll keep my eye on this. ;)
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Ephemeraboy
Name: Bernando Bona Tius Sianipar

Post by Ephemeraboy »

very good
i will subscribe of this mod
My diary, my notepad, and my life on
http://www.bonatius.com
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Bookmarked and following closely ;)
herald

Post by herald »

Development has been slow and I have had to redesign the main content storage structure which will take a few more weeks to complete and test.

Thanks for the interest from everyone but its quite a bit away from being released for alpha testing.

Still looking for some developers to help out ;)
knmt

Post by knmt »

Is the font kinda small or do I not have the font you use on the main page?
There is a demo site and I'll be adding more content over the next week or so to fully show case the features.
Need this to actually post some comments ;)
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

very nice, hope you will continue in developing
Zason

Post by Zason »

It is good to see move phpbb3 CMS projects going. >:+)
Looking for help with: Linking separate PHPBB3 forum DB with a single User BD

phpBB Primetime - Not your daddy's portal.
fahad4x4

Post by fahad4x4 »

very nice
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

subscribed ...

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”