[CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
nneonneo

Re: [CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Post by nneonneo »

It's possible that the user's "clean" username is different from his original username, or that the "clean" username is not correctly formatted. This might happen if the username contains non-latin characters.

If you could PM me the entry in members_sql corresponding to this member (PM since it may contain personal information), I may be able to tell you what went wrong. If you can't PM, email it to me at nneonneo...at...gmail...com.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
mbird_2005

Post by mbird_2005 »

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

thats very sorry

i discovered that the same problem have been occured again

there is empty topics
i mean forum that have no topics

although while converting , it says that the converting number of topics is large than the real topics number by 4

ie. number of topic converted = number of topics i found on the original forum + 4

How some of the forums are empty

note:-
when i reconvert the forum , not the same forums were empty
i mean it is random while converting
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Are you recounting every forum after importing?

It seems very strange that the converter would be "random" in any way.

Maybe you could try changing your interface language to English, but still importing with utf-8.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
The Miker

Post by The Miker »

Hello, I'm trying to use the crawler to retrieve info from a Forumer phpbb3 board, but it doesn't appear to be working. Here is the output:

I have Python 2.6.5 installed. Am I possibly doing something wrong?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I'm not too familiar with Forumer, and have only tested the converter against unmodified boards.

It's entirely possible that there's some setting which changes the layout of the forum and makes the converter unable to locate the forums. To find out, I'll have to look at the board.
The Miker

Post by The Miker »

Well I would have posted a reply earlier but I had to wait for the mods to approve my first post. Anyway...

I have since discovered that it was the fault of a custom skin I was using on the forums. I changed the default skin and the skin on my profile to prosilver and it worked just fine. Maybe consider updating the Instructions.txt to reflect that information in the future?

Anyway, thanks very much for this crawler, it's a life-saver for sure. I'll very happily boast to Forumer that I circumvented their ridiculous policy and pulled a working database from my forum once I've moved to the new ones (or at least I would like to boast to them!). :)
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Duly noted; I'll make a note of it in the Instructions. Thanks!
mbird_2005

Post by mbird_2005 »

thank you

all things is seems to be right now

thank you verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry much
The Miker

Post by The Miker »

Ok now I've got something of a problem with the add_phpBB3_bots.py file. When I run it I get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\<snip>\Converters\Forumer_phpBB3\add_phpbb3_bots.py", line 76, in <module>
userid,recipient,password=line.strip().split('|')
ValueError: too many values to unpack

How would I fix this?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

In the pm_passwords.txt file, can you see any lines that have more than two vertical bars (|)? If so, please let me know (via PM) what those lines are; the converter should not be generating more than two | per line.
The Miker

Post by The Miker »

Not that I can tell. I fixed the problem though by cutting a ton of entries from the file (almost all of them) so the SQL that was generated fit the bots neatly between the founder and the first real user.
puckhacker

Post by puckhacker »

Im amazed at the ability of this crawler converter! Ive been using the Forumer_phpBB3 version to move data from one generic phpBB3 to another generic phpBB3. I worked with it quite a bit yesterday with moderate success. Somehow the main forum section post and topic counts are all zeroes and a lot of topics did not seem to load.

It may be date related? While the forum heading says zero topics/posts, if I click on s forum a page full of posts appear. Then, when I change the "Display Topics from previous" dropdown to 1 year, I get 10 pages of posts (there should be about 30 pages).

Not sure what Im doing wrong but I seem really close.
The Miker

Post by The Miker »

You have to re-synchronize the stats on every single forum and sub-forum in the ACP for the data to appear.

There is another thing I wanted to add... After the conversion we had shut down our previous forum so we couldn't notify people of their new passwords, and people had problems resetting their passwords on the new forums. They'd get the error "The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found." I fixed this problem by running the following SQL query on the forum's database:

Code: Select all

update phpbb_users set user_email_hash = concat(crc32(lower(user_email)), length(user_email));
Just substitute "phpbb_" for whatever your prefix is.

It seems that when the data is converted it leaves negative values for the user_email_hash which makes phpbb unable to verify that the submitted information is correct.
puckhacker

Post by puckhacker »

Thanks Miker, this did it!
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

The Miker wrote:You have to re-synchronize the stats on every single forum and sub-forum in the ACP for the data to appear.

There is another thing I wanted to add... After the conversion we had shut down our previous forum so we couldn't notify people of their new passwords, and people had problems resetting their passwords on the new forums. They'd get the error "The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found." I fixed this problem by running the following SQL query on the forum's database:

Code: Select all

update phpbb_users set user_email_hash = concat(crc32(lower(user_email)), length(user_email));
Just substitute "phpbb_" for whatever your prefix is.

It seems that when the data is converted it leaves negative values for the user_email_hash which makes phpbb unable to verify that the submitted information is correct.
This means that the converter calculates hashes incorrectly. I'll see if I can fix it for the next release.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”