[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
drankur

Re: [RC2] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.8.5, 25/02/201

Post by drankur »

is this Mod compatible with phpbb3.07 ??
Achilles30

Post by Achilles30 »

Hey guys,
first of all thank you for this mod.
But in fact there is something i really don't understand.

I already installed the mod and did all the changes like you wrote in your description.
Everything seems fine, there are no errors or something.
But where are now the buttons or the options for integration with wordpress?

Can't find anything

I have in Wordpress my admin user , also in my phpbb3 they have the same account data, but when i try to register as a "testuser" in wordpress there is not a possibility to login to PHPBB
did I missunderstood something?

FACTS:
PHPBB3 3.0.7 PL1
Theme Subsilver
WORDPRESS 2.9.2
PaulMike
Name: Pawel

Post by PaulMike »

Hi,
Where exactly do I extract the folder with the WP-United? I guess everything I did well, and still do not see tabs WP-United in the admin panel.
Please help.
Ephemeraboy
Name: Bernando Bona Tius Sianipar

Post by Ephemeraboy »

this MOD is works perfectly for phpBB 3.0.7 PL1

i just want to ask
when user chhose their own theme
the appearnce is bad
i mean, the appearance is combined with the main theme
and the widget also place on unregular arranged
My diary, my notepad, and my life on
http://www.bonatius.com
StoarceCreierul

Post by StoarceCreierul »

Achilles30 wrote:Hey guys,
first of all thank you for this mod.
But in fact there is something i really don't understand.

I already installed the mod and did all the changes like you wrote in your description.
Everything seems fine, there are no errors or something.
But where are now the buttons or the options for integration with wordpress?

Can't find anything

I have in Wordpress my admin user , also in my phpbb3 they have the same account data, but when i try to register as a "testuser" in wordpress there is not a possibility to login to PHPBB
did I missunderstood something?

FACTS:
PHPBB3 3.0.7 PL1
Theme Subsilver
WORDPRESS 2.9.2
For integrating users go to phpBB admin control panel, WP-United tab and run the user integration mapping tool.

When you glue together WP and phpBB, the login (and registration) is made exclusively through phpBB so never login through WordPress again. Use the handy toolbar widgets for quick login.
Don't forget to set new user's permissions inside forum's acp (permisions to automatically integrate new users, etc).
Stoarce Creierul - a splendid example of PhpBB and WordPress integration done with the WP-United MOD.
pawelooss

Post by pawelooss »

Hi,

I can't finished Setup Wizard. :(
Checking that the URL exists... OK

Checking WordPress URL: OK

File path => /xxx/public_html/blog/

Checking that a WordPress installation exists here... OK

Communications Error: Service Unavailable (503)
undefinedAutomatic plugin fixes are enabled. Click here to try again with them disabled »
What may be the cause of this 503 error?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
pawelooss

EDIT: Solved, the problem caused one of phpBB3 mods: "Named Modules", which modify "includes/functions_module.php" file. ;)
Last edited by pawelooss on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phpBB3 fan! ;)
Ephemeraboy
Name: Bernando Bona Tius Sianipar

Post by Ephemeraboy »

i nenabled users can have own blog
but when they used diffrenet theme
the themes can't work perfectly
My diary, my notepad, and my life on
http://www.bonatius.com
gjeffery
Name: G Jeffery

Post by gjeffery »

Looking forward to v0.9!!! If it is released in the next two weeks, will it be for testers only or will we be able to download it? Also, can you upgrade from v0.8.5 or will it require a re-install? I'm trying to decide if I should install now or wait a couple weeks for v0.9 ... any thoughts?
abrasasylum

Post by abrasasylum »

hi i recently installed the 0.8.5 WP- United with a 3.0.7 php board and wordpress version 2.9.2.

The Installation when fine and everything, and I have it working but there is one bug, which I really need fixing.

I have the php intergrated into the wordpress style and I am using the WP- United Login/User Info Widget. The bug I'm getting is as people come onto the site it says they are logged in as other users in the widget, and have to log them out to log themselves in lol.

I really do not know where I should start looking to fix this.

Can someone please help me!I would appreciate it so much!

the website I have it on is

[link Removed]

Have a look if you can see the issue.
Last edited by thecoalman on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link for domain that doesn't exist.
tyskkvinna

Post by tyskkvinna »

Hi,

I have installed this again and was well onto my way to success when I got this error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 361: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_wpbb.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 361: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_wpbb.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
This is what lies around line 361:

// Check whether the session is still valid if we have one
					$method = basename(trim($config['auth_method']));
					include_once($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/auth/auth_' . $method . '.' . $phpEx);

$method = 'validate_session_' . $method;
					if (function_exists($method))
					{
						if (!$method($this->data))
						{
							$session_expired = true;
						}
					}

if (!$session_expired)
					{
I do not have auth_wpbb.php and looked around and could not find any other instance of it... it seems to be thinking it needs it because of the includes/auth/auth_' . $method . '." . $phpEx

any ideas?

It's making it so I cannot access the admin panel. (Or stk!)
bloggerland

Post by bloggerland »

I've had this installed for a while now - actually I paid the developer to install it for me.

So far I've had no problems, but suddenly yesterday evening, my top part of the page on the forum (the top is from wordpress) startet showing up like this:

I wasn't at home, so I haven't changed a single thing - but my visitors went from around 50 a day to more than 1000 yesterday, so I'm not sure if that caused the bug?

Anyway fast help is appreciated since I would like a working forum with all those new visitors.

The url for the forum is http://www.bloggerland.dk/forum
murdmon

Post by murdmon »

^^^Yes I run this mod in WAMP and it will do the same thing! maybe this is some kind of bug?
msanchez

Post by msanchez »

I have a small problem.

I installed this MOD. It's AWESOME!!!!

I have selected php inside wordpress, in it's simple form (meaning the forum is only wrapped in wp's header and footer). Everything runs nicely.

When I purge the forum's cache from within the ACP, and try to go to www.mywebsite.com/forum I get an error saying:

Fatal error: Call to a member function url() on a non-object in /home/"website"/public_html/wp-content/plugins/redirection/modules/wordpress.php on line 63

This wp redirection plugin, I use it only to redirect a nav menu button to the forum. That way when somebody clicks "Forum" on the nav menu, they don't go to a blank page with just a link. So what I do is redirect using said plugin from www.mysite.com/?page_id=22 to www.mysite.com/forum

Now here's the weird part, once I turn off the redirection plugin, then go manually to www.mywebsite/forum, by typing it in the browser, and then go back and turn on the redirection plugin, it suddenly works across all my pcs and browsers.

Why does this happen? Will it affect any search engine?

Thanks
msanchez

Post by msanchez »

I also have the "Very Simple Guest Hide BBCode MOD" installe and after installing wp-united all the hidden post are showing.
onel0ve

Post by onel0ve »

hey i cant access in its acp settings panel when i am trying to enter
i get this error

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /wp-united/functions-general.php on line 22: Uninitialized string offset: -1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /wp-united/functions-general.php on line 22: Uninitialized string offset: -1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /wp-united/mod-settings.php on line 121: Undefined index: charEncoding

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”