phpbb_db_backup

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Popp Singh

phpbb_db_backup

Post by Popp Singh »

I have an old back up called phpbb_db_backup.sql and its 858 mbs and contains over 8000 posts and a lot of pictures from me . I dont remember exactly what phpbb version it was but i think its a phpbb3 . I would like to get my posts and pictures out . Will i have to make a new forum either on the net or with xampp to be able to see it all again and if so how ? . Can anyone please sugest a solution .

About my last post in this section . There are still some things i would like to know should i post my questions in the styles section ?
What i say is my opinion . If you dont like it or dissagree with it lets talk about it and try to come to an agreement . I`m not to old to learn or change my opinions if they are wrong .

http://www.youtopia.ws
callumacrae
Former Team Member
Name: Callum Macrae

Re: phpbb_db_backup

Post by callumacrae »

Set up a new install of phpBB somewhere and then go to the database where it was created. Delete every table from the new install, and then run phpbb_db_backup.sql.

Then it should be working, unless it is a really old version.

Your pictures are not stored in the database - you will not be able to recover from them.

~Callum
macr.ae = my website. you probably won't like it.
Proud user ofProud user of
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Post the first 25 lines of the backup file and we can tell you whether it is version 2 or 3.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

Thanks for your help .

I`m not sure how to do that . i can install phpbb but i was told by someone that the file is to big for xampp is that right ? I have a forum now is it posible to install a parallel phpbb installation in the httpdocs folder to do it in ? I dont know how to go to the database where it was created or delete tables or how to run phpbb_db_backup.sql.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction in not to technical terms ?

Edit . I dont know how to go to those lines . I`ve tried to open the file with several programs but either it doesnt open or i get a message that its to big .
What i say is my opinion . If you dont like it or dissagree with it lets talk about it and try to come to an agreement . I`m not to old to learn or change my opinions if they are wrong .

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

The file is not too big for xampp I don't think.

See this:

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/using-b ... ase-dumps/

Or, with xampp, you can import the database from the command line.

See this:

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/transfe ... or-domain/

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

I got xampp in and then phpbb3.0.7 PL1 . Made the file xampp/htdocs/dump . Used notepad++ to change bigdump.php and transfered it with the database to xampp/htdocs/dump . Then when i put localhost/dump/bigdump.php into the adress bar in firefox i get this "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\bigdump.php on line 40" . I looked with notepad++ at lines 39 , 40 and 41 where i had entered my info into bigdump.php and it says

$db_name = '';phpbb
$db_username = '';
$db_password = '';

These are the details i put in when i was installing xampp and phpbb

database name = phpbb
prefix = phpbb_
password = root

administrator user name = root
admin password = administrator
my email adress

On line 40 i have tried all of the names and passwords i`d put in while installing xampp and phpbb3 but keep getting the message above . I didnt set permissions for the dump file to 777 because i dont know if i can or how to get to it with filezilla .

Can anyone please tell me what i`m doing wrong ?

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Please paste your config.php file without the password and paste EXACTLY what you filled in in Bigdump for the database info. Paste it from the bigdump file.

I wonder if you left out the single quotes?

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

You were right about that . I put the ; in and now i`m getting

Database connection failed due to Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Edit the database settings in C:/xampp/htdocs/dump/bigdump.php or contact your database provider.
Start from the beginning (DROP the old tables before restarting)

I tried putting "root; on line 41 and tried it with nothing there . All the details i put in while installing everything are written in my last post .

This is what is in config.php from xampp\htdocs\phpBB3

// phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mysqli';
$dbhost = '';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'phpbb';
$dbuser = 'root';
$dbpasswd = '';
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
$acm_type = 'file';
$load_extensions = '';

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);

Thats the exact copy .

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

But what is exactly in bigdump.php? Above, you show root with one double quote and no single quote. Please paste EXACTLY what you have in bigdump.php for database info.

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

Sorry . This is what is in there now .

$db_server = 'localhost';
$db_name = '';phpbb;
$db_username = '';root;
$db_password = '';;

advin11

Post by advin11 »

oleg-karow wrote:Sorry . This is what is in there now .

$db_name = '';phpbb;
$db_username = '';root;
$db_password = '';;
i think its wrong man ..

here ;

// Database configuration

$db_server = "localhost";
$db_name = "phpbb";
$db_username = "root";
$db_password = "";

It will works !! :D
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Not quite.

Code: Select all

$db_name = 'phpbb';
$db_username = 'root';
$db_password = '';

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

Wunderbar danke both of you . I`ll try that tomorow and report back .

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

I got it going thanks . The problem was my eyes and that i couldnt see the punctuation marks properly .

When i ran it i got these warnings .

Warning: POST Content-Length of 899869579 bytes exceeds the limit of 134217728 bytes in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\bigdump.php on line 81

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\bigdump.php on line 82

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\bigdump.php on line 83

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\bigdump.php on line 84

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\bigdump.php on line 85

I caryed on and it ran for a few minutes and then i got this ---->

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12909805 bytes) in
C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\bigdump.php on line 577

I take it that that means that xampp wont acept it because its to big ? If so does anyone know a program that will acept it ? Or should i try to do it by uploading the whole thing to get myforum.com/dump/bigdump.php and then do a parallel instalation of phpbb in a file say myforum.com/phpbbtest and try to get bigdump to transfer it to that ?

Anyone any sugestions please ?

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Use the MySQL command line.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”