[ABD] Advanced Payments (Subscriptions, Donations and more!)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Penelope23

Re: [DEV] Advanced Payments (Subscriptions, Donations and mo

Post by Penelope23 »

Customers do come first which is why this MOD has taken so long to develop. A community looking for a free MOD that I am developing in my spare time will come when I get the time to work on it.
Then why do you respond here--eventually, but fail to respond when contacted for a paying job through your website?
zilonitiz

Post by zilonitiz »

Sounds good of MOD but... (((
Drakken

Post by Drakken »

mtotheikle, please ignore the brutality and continue development on this mod. Personally I'd take it off this site and only offer it to StarTrekGuide's current supporters :twisted:
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Drakken wrote:mtotheikle, please ignore the brutality and continue development on this mod. Personally I'd take it off this site and only offer it to StarTrekGuide's current supporters :twisted:
I'm not completely opposed to that since I am a supporter as well, but I think that then it would be in competition with Highway's MOD more because Highway puts his private beta for supporters only as well. :lol:
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
w00t!

Post by w00t! »

Penelope23 wrote:
Customers do come first which is why this MOD has taken so long to develop. A community looking for a free MOD that I am developing in my spare time will come when I get the time to work on it.
Then why do you respond here--eventually, but fail to respond when contacted for a paying job through your website?
Are you saying you offered him money for this MOD, or am I wrong?
andreahalsey

Post by andreahalsey »

I need this in a bad way, I'm going to have to do one for myself and would much rather put some money on the table here. I'm sure all of us would be willing to purchase something that will allow us to add paid subscriptions to phpbb. Would that help at all?
cliftonarms

Post by cliftonarms »

If you are waiting for this mod, you could also support Highway @ http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... lit=paypal who is modifying his donation script to accept recurring subs. One of the mods may be completed then.

Also if you need it now AND if your phpBB is also tied to a Joomla site, you can use the joomla payment component AEC and have it call a phpBB change group script when a payment is received as I have done.
Techit

Post by Techit »

Woop got the membership thing working on my site now:
http://www.swiftowners.co.uk/membership.php

Its kinda crude (no ACP) but it works for me :)

Might release the code I'm using, but would need modifying for other ppls websites
Name: James Simpson
Websites: Swift Owners :: James Simpson
cliftonarms

Post by cliftonarms »

Techit wrote:Woop got the membership thing working on my site now:
http://www.swiftowners.co.uk/membership.php

Its kinda crude (no ACP) but it works for me :)

Might release the code I'm using, but would need modifying for other ppls websites
Visited your site and registered but cannot see what you have done - can you elaborate please.
Techit

Post by Techit »

Basically, I have three user groups... each group has different permissions... If members would like to be added into each of the groups, they have to pay, and are not added into the groups until payment has been received (using paypal IPN)

When PayPal calls back it inserts the date +1 or 2 years, so when that date is reached, a cron job removes the person from that member list once their membership has expired... there isnt much to see really, just the link above shows the purchase page
Name: James Simpson
Websites: Swift Owners :: James Simpson
Alkerion

Post by Alkerion »

Hi!

Any news regarding a potential release (or not) of this Mod ?

BR
forsakengod

Post by forsakengod »

Hopefully this will be released soon ! : ) Looking forward to it !
onelazyguy

Post by onelazyguy »

Techit wrote:Basically, I have three user groups... each group has different permissions... If members would like to be added into each of the groups, they have to pay, and are not added into the groups until payment has been received (using paypal IPN)

When PayPal calls back it inserts the date +1 or 2 years, so when that date is reached, a cron job removes the person from that member list once their membership has expired... there isnt much to see really, just the link above shows the purchase page
excellent, hope you can release that code because "Advanced PayPal Donation MOD" by Highway of Life doesn't have the ability to take a user off from a group once their subscription is expire. This is understandable because it is a donation mod not a subscription mod...lol :lol:
Rowa15

Post by Rowa15 »

Shouldnt this be marked with [ABD] as its been more than a year since the thread was opened yet the mod hasnt been released or even a demo link.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Re: [ABD] Advanced Payments (Subscriptions, Donations and mo

Post by imkingdavid »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the mod author has not been active recently. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”