Problems with CAPTCHA

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
hiker_i

Problems with CAPTCHA

Post by hiker_i »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.7-PL1
What is your board's URL? http://nashvillecomputergroup.com/test/sneakers/phpBB3/
Who do you host your board with? self (HOstICan server
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
What MODs do you have installed? a custom mod for entering feedback of other users, similar to ebay feedback-- it affects viewtopic.php and acp_users.php.. other than that, it's on custom pages.
What styles do you currently have installed? AeroBlue
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Experienced with PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue?
Please do not provide this information if the user requires more than "regular user" privilages.
No answer given
What password can be used to view this issue? No answer given
When did your problem begin? first time i selected CAPTCHA Module Settings in ACP
Please describe your problem. Error message on page load:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/nashvill/public_html/test/sneakers/phpBB3/includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_captcha_gd_plugin.php on line 55

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/nashvill/public_html/test/sneakers/phpBB3/includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_recaptcha_plugin.php on line 54

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/nashvill/public_html/test/sneakers/phpBB3/includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_captcha_qa_plugin.php on line 104

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/nashvill/public_html/test/sneakers/phpBB3/includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_captcha_nogd_plugin.php on line 45
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_captcha_gd_plugin.php:55)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_captcha_gd_plugin.php:55)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_captcha_gd_plugin.php:55)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_captcha_gd_plugin.php:55)

also, the image preview is not showing.

also, "ReCHAPTCHA" and "Q&A Chaptcha" are greyed out in the plug-ins drop-down list.
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 3988 $)

thanks!

8)
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Problems with CAPTCHA

Post by Mick »

Your style is out of date, you need to update it to the 3.0.7-PL1 version (3.0.7)

Does it work in prosilver ok?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
hiker_i

Post by hiker_i »

same problem in prosilver
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

As a test, OPEN includes/captca/plugins/phpbb_captcha_gd_plugin.php

FIND:

Code: Select all

$instance =& new phpbb_captcha_gd();
REPLACE WITH:

Code: Select all

$instance = new phpbb_captcha_gd();
Then purge the cache in the ACP.

Also, Recaptcha and Q&A captcha will be grayed out until they are configured.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
hiker_i

Post by hiker_i »

that, plus making the same change in phpbb_recaptcha_plugin.php ,phpbb_captcha_qa_plugin.php, and phpbb_captcha_nogd_plugin did the trick!

thanks!

8)
CygnusStella

Post by CygnusStella »

And thanks from me. I was having the same problem. Took that little rogue ampersand out of all the includes/captca/plugins/xxx files and we're all healed up.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”