[RC] User Rank Progression Bar v0.2.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
mut2nt
Name: none mut2nt

Re: [RC] User Rank Progression Bar v0.2.1

Post by mut2nt » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:22 pm

I understand, thanks !

IBBoard

Post by IBBoard » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:27 pm

I found the out-of-order change that Mao mentioned and fixed it in v1.0, which is now in the validation queue. I also found one instruction that needed updating to match the latest code. If anyone uses AutoMod and has problems in the future then please tell me what errors it gives you so that I can more easily track down the location of the error. Thanks.

eman80

Post by eman80 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:43 pm

IBBoard wrote:I found the out-of-order change that Mao mentioned and fixed it in v1.0, which is now in the validation queue. I also found one instruction that needed updating to match the latest code. If anyone uses AutoMod and has problems in the future then please tell me what errors it gives you so that I can more easily track down the location of the error. Thanks.
Hi :)

Is there any instructions update from v 0.2.1 to v 1.0

Thanks
welcome to my forum:
http://www.elibrary4arab.com

IBBoard

Post by IBBoard » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Shouldn't be - 0.2.1 was an RC anyway, and making changes from an RC to the actual release kinda defeats the idea of having a candidate for release that you want people to test before you make it official ;)

Lisbon

Post by Lisbon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:50 pm

This mod work in version 3.0.7-PL1?

Tks

IBBoard

Post by IBBoard » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:41 pm

Yes, it should work in almost any of the 3.x versions. My forum is up-to-date and it works there (all of my mods are installed on my site).

somanath

Post by somanath » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:39 pm

am getting error when i open memberlist

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_display.php on line 2353: Missing argument 6 for get_user_rank(), called in /memberlist.php on line 1621 and defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_display.php on line 2353: Missing argument 6 for get_user_rank(), called in /memberlist.php on line 1621 and defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3498)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4350: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3498)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4351: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3498)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4352: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3498)

IBBoard

Post by IBBoard » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:48 pm

The problem looks like it is exactly as it says - you haven't defined the sixth parameter. The original code had five parameters, but the new code has six. If you're getting the error then you either haven't made all of the changes or you have another MOD that added extra calls to get_user_rank (especially since my functions_display.php only goes up to line 1392, not 2352)

Laird

Post by Laird » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Hello,

I'm new here and got a question. Hope I chose the right topic for it.

I've just installed ver 1.0.2 of the mod on my forum and I've got a small issue.
The special ranks for admins and moderators are shown a normal ranks now. What do I have to do about this. I don't think, that this issue is intended?!

(I'm not running Special And Normal Rank Images-Mod, so I did not change the code in order to that mod.)

IBBoard

Post by IBBoard » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi,

This topic is for the development version, and support for the released version is the topics attached to the downloads (there is a "discussion" tab). If adding this MOD has altered the admin ranks so that admins show their normal rank then it sounds like something hasn't been applied properly in the instructions. Beyond that then I'd need more detail, which would be better in the correct place.

Thanks.

HiddenKiller

Re: [RC] User Rank Progression Bar v0.2.0

Post by HiddenKiller » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:23 am

eman80 wrote:Thanks for this mod installed it and it works fine :)

mut2nt wrote:question: I dont see the bar :| i just see the text
Progress to next rank:
30%
maybe you forgot to refresh your theme, also try to clear your browser cache
Same problem. I make all correctly, trying changing colors.. no effect :(

IBBoard

Post by IBBoard » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:30 am

Have you tried the official release? This was just an RC and isn't officially supported/recommended on live forums.

If you just see text then the CSS hasn't applied (either the template is wrong or the CSS hasn't refreshed). Try using something like Firefox's DOM Inspector or Chromium's Inspect Element to confirm the CSS rules applied to the elements.

Laird

Post by Laird » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Hm, yes, I tried the official release.

Thx, I will check the things you mentioned.

Amymations
Name: Amy Baldwin

Post by Amymations » Wed May 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Hey, great MOD but I'm having a problem here.

The MOD works fine for other members, but for some reason my rank is considered to be 'new user' but not admin? I've checked all permissions, groups etc ... everything is in place but it still wont show the right rank? Also it's not working for my moderators

(I also changed the code so when user has special rank the percentage is 100% but i can't see that being the problem as i've had this problem before i changed the php).

Please help! ><
Forum Information:
PHPBB - 3.0.9
URL - http://www.mouldingminefield.com/forum
Theme - Glacier
Template - Prosilver

Amymations
Name: Amy Baldwin

Post by Amymations » Wed May 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Hey, great MOD but I'm having a problem here.

The MOD works fine for other members, but for some reason my rank is considered to be 'new user' but not admin? I've checked all permissions, groups etc ... everything is in place but it still wont show the right rank? Also it's not working for my moderators

(I also changed the code so when user has special rank the percentage is 100% but i can't see that being the problem as i've had this problem before i changed the php).

Please help! ><
Forum Information:
PHPBB - 3.0.9
URL - http://www.mouldingminefield.com/forum
Theme - Glacier
Template - Prosilver

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”