UPDATE 3.0.4 TO 3.0.7 INTERNAL SERVER - PERMISSIONS

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
yellowgalacticsun

UPDATE 3.0.4 TO 3.0.7 INTERNAL SERVER - PERMISSIONS

Post by yellowgalacticsun »

Hey there

My belgian forum: www.flowerpowerforum.be needs to be updated. I grabbed the automatic package updater and put the install folder on the server. When I want to go to www.flowerpowerofurum.be/install it gives an "internal server error". When I looked at the error log it says that the index.php file in the install folder is writable by group. I didn't change any permission when I put the downloaded install folder on the server. So here's my question: how should index.php be chmodded? And the otehr files? How should their permission be???

I can't find the right permissions for the update files anywhere on the net, so it would be great if you people could help me out!!!

Thx in advance!!
Last edited by Pit$Bull on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
yellowgalacticsun

Re: UPDATE 3.0.4 TO 3.0.7 INTERNAL SERVER - PERMISSIONS

problem solved...I chmodded myspelf with the log as guide....Update successfull!!
NazTheEternal

Post by NazTheEternal »

What did you do to fix this issue? I'm having the exact same problem and would love to know how you got rid of it..
yellowgalacticsun

you should change the permissions using chmod in your ftp-client. Check the log of your server and watch which files do not have the right permissions... With me it was index.php and the overall folder "install" which was not chmodded correctly. To know how files permissions should be, you can check this link: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/chmod-permissions/

I hope it works out for you!! Good luck!
NazTheEternal

Post by NazTheEternal »

See what happens is I check the file and it gets to 30/127 files checked and then I get the error, all my permissions are set correctly, whats really odd is that last night I managed to get through checking all the files and then it just froze on me....

No idea what the issue is, but the error I get is exactly the same as yours involving the /install/index.php file

Thing is though, that I am going from a 3.0.6 to the latest 3.0.7
yellowgalacticsun

If the prmission of index.php is 644 it's strange that it gives that error. Maybe it has to do with something else... I'm affraid I can't help you any further on this, man.... I hope somebody else can?

Goog luck!
NazTheEternal

Post by NazTheEternal »

Ah well, don't think anybody else can help either, just going to have to do a clean install... =(
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if you have no MODs installed, just do this:
*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version, except for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
  • Let that run and then delete the install folder.
  • You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”