[ABD] Attendance Mod (0.2.7)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
cwhall

Re: [BETA] Attendance Mod (0.2.7)

Post by cwhall » Tue May 25, 2010 12:59 pm

wired076 wrote:Can you please check whether you have provided the other users, ie non administrator the ability to register for an event and that you have added this ability to the actual registration posting?

How have you given other users this permission ie have you defined this for an individual user or per a group?
I set the user to have All Features access, is there another area where it needs to be set to give them registration access?

wired076

Post by wired076 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:05 pm

cwhall wrote:
wired076 wrote:Can you please check whether you have provided the other users, ie non administrator the ability to register for an event and that you have added this ability to the actual registration posting?

How have you given other users this permission ie have you defined this for an individual user or per a group?
I set the user to have All Features access, is there another area where it needs to be set to give them registration access?
You need to follow these instructions to setup the permissions for the users to be able to sign up on a registration.
http://itconstruct.com.au/phpBB3/viewto ... f=24&t=225

Please note that you should check the user's group you are using to test with. This can be checked within the ACP by looking up the user in the Users and Group tab in the ACP.

If you are still having problems after trying both of these let us know.

cwhall

Post by cwhall » Tue May 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks very much, it's now working perfect.

wired076

Post by wired076 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:49 pm

cwhall wrote:Thanks very much, it's now working perfect.
Great to hear the tutorial fixed your problem!

monkey gun

Post by monkey gun » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:58 am

ivory wrote:I wonder if you can help me please. ive seen the option "pm all registered users" in conjunction with this mod, so that the person who created the sign-up, as the button to click, to pm those who signed up. Can you tell me where abouts i can go to find this modification?

many thanks :)

susie

I also really look forward to this being added to the mod. :)

wired076

Post by wired076 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:34 am

I have posted the solutions to the following pm's received below for others with these issues:
eXo` wrote:Subject: [BETA] Attendance Mod (0.2.7)

Hi, i installed this mod on my board and i got some questions.

First, when installing the mod with /install_am/install.php is it normal nothing appears ? Window just remains white and nothing happens..

Also, I installed everything following the instructions but now i can't see any topics. I can see everything in viewforum but when i click on a topic, nothing shows up, white screen. Any ideas ?

My board is http://clubintegraquebec.com/ so you can see by yourself.

thanks
Please note that the page is shown as blank when install_am/install.php is run. This is an error that needs to be fixed.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are having when clicking on a topic with nothing showing as I have just had a look at your site and I can't see anything to be an issue.

(eXo if you have an issue with your board's link being displayed in this post let me know and I will comment it out.)

wired076

Post by wired076 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:37 am

eXo` wrote:Oh and i forgot, with the SQL queries, i had to change them to "CREATE TABLE phpbb3_am_options" instead of phpbb_am_options...

I did this to all tables otherwise i had an SQL error... do you know why ?

thanks
eXo the reason you had to do this is that your databases table prefix is probably phpbb3_

You can verify this is the case by logging into cPanel and having a look at the database in phpmyadmin .

If this is the case it just means you have a different prefix to what is the default prefix for phpBB boards. There is no problem with this being the case.

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Due to my personal situation I've to decide that I won't do further work on this mod. The download link for the beta version will be available for next 3 month until it is switched off. Thanks to all people who helped to keep this thing alive. Many thanks especially to wired076.

Kind regards
Netizen Kane

tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Post by tumba25 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Since the MOD author has stated that he's abandoning this MOD I'm locking this topic.

If you, the MOD author, wants to continue development, contact a MOD Team member.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: [ABD] Attendance Mod (0.2.7)

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 pm

Development taken over by wired076. Development can be followed here.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”