Unable to log in

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
eeef

Unable to log in

Post by eeef »

My wife just downgraded the Captcha complexity and apparently nothing else....

Now she can't login and recovered passwords don't work.

http://www.nurserynurseforum.com/forum

Any ideas how i can 'reset'?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Unable to log in

Post by stevemaury »

Do you have any MODs? You are three versions out of date. The latest version will not even need visual captcha (which the bots have broken anyway).
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
eeef

Post by eeef »

Steve,

No Mods, i can patch it and see what that does? Silly question, what version am i on?
eeef

Post by eeef »

Ok, think it was 3.0.5, so i've applied the 3.0.5-3.0.7 changed files patch, no change, and now new registrants get:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 36: phpbb_captcha_factory::get_instance(./includes/captcha/plugins/_plugin.php) [function.get-instance]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 36: phpbb_captcha_factory::get_instance(./includes/captcha/plugins/_plugin.php) [function.get-instance]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 36: phpbb_captcha_factory::get_instance() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/captcha/plugins/_plugin.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 38: call_user_func(::get_instance) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback

Fatal error: Call to a member function init() on a non-object in /home/nurseryn/public_html/forum/includes/ucp/ucp_register.php on line 165
eeef

Post by eeef »

sorry didn't run the dbupdate
eeef

Post by eeef »

but still can't log in, as an existing user, or with a recovered password, or with a newly created user.
eeef

Post by eeef »

Would really appreciate some assistance on this one as I think all users are locke dout. I'm sure it's a simple fix for someone that knows what they're doing, but that isn't me i'm afraid.
Rahber
Former Team Member
Name: Rahber

Post by Rahber »

the captcha thing for your forum is working fine

and while logging in it doesn't require captcha neither while using forget password option

so you can easily retrive the password by going to forget password option http://www.nurserynurseforum.com/forum/ ... ndpassword
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Post by Pit$Bull »

I'm asuming your update is at fault and suggest:

*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version, EXCEPT for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
  • Let that run and then delete the install folder.
  • You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.
eeef

Post by eeef »

Rahber, recovered passwords don't work.

Pit$bull, I had the problem prior to the update. I patched on Steve's advice but unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem.

Would welcome any other suggestions.
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull »

How did you 'patch' ??
eeef

Post by eeef »

I used the changed files.
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull »

Also download a fresh set of files from the full package http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/olympus.php?from=submenu
Pit$Bull wrote:I'm asuming your update is at fault and suggest:

*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version, EXCEPT for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
  • Let that run and then delete the install folder.
  • You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.
eeef

Post by eeef »

Happy to do that if you think it'll work fella, it's just that i had the problem before i did any updates.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

I never told you to patch - I just asked it you had any MODs any you decided to go ahead and do what you did.

I would advise doing what Pit$Bull suggests.

When that is done, read this if necessary:

Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin KB

Then run this query:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_config SET `config_value` = 0 WHERE `config_name` = 'enable_confirm';
Then go into the ACP and set up a Q&A CAPTCHA and set Enable visual confirmation for registrations to Enabled.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”