User private message permission problem

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
TiTex

User private message permission problem

Post by TiTex »

Hello , i have a problem like the topic title says
I've setted up the group registred users can use the private message functions , and i wanned to disallow a user from using these futures so went to users permisions , selected the user i wanned and changed he's permissions ... disabled all private message functions , but he can still use them he can send private messages like before :|

why is that ? ... the permissions stuff is really messed up in phpbb :(

-- Edited--

The same thing happens if i setted up a private forum to be visible and access for a specific group , and if i want to remove the permision from a user from that group he can still access it.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: User private message permission problem

Post by KevC »

It's because that person has a YES permission from the registered users group which is overriding the NO permissions you're giving them.

Better to make a new group and put them in to it as well. Then set the permissions you want to prevent to NEVER.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

TiTex

Post by TiTex »

thx , i used the NEVER function because i don't want to create a group just to disable one user PM :)

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Using groups is better though because if you ever want to add or remove someone else from those permissions you just add or remove them from the group. You can also follow better the cumulative permissions from the groups they're in.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

TiTex

Post by TiTex »

yes , i know but for now it's just that one user so i'm ok
if there will be others probably i'll make a group

thx again for the quick reply above

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”