Registering troubles

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
mattbussey

Registering troubles

Post by mattbussey » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.7-PL1
What is your board's URL? http://brewersroundtable.com
Who do you host your board with? godaddy.com
How did you install your board? I used a download package provided by another website
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.6
What styles do you currently have installed? afterburner
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 4
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? My problem began when I upgraded from 3.0.4, to 3.0.5, to 3.0.6, and finally to the current version.
Please describe your problem. I've had trouble with new users not being able to register. My forum is at brewersroundtable.com and hasn't had a new user for about two weeks now. When I try to register, first of all the registration page posts the following error in the header:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3153: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4367: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3542)

After that, the user is looped through the registration process and it never ends and so nobody can register. I have recently upgraded from version 3.0.4 to the current version which was when the problems started. If anyone has any ideas on why this might be happening, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 4502 $)

tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Re: Registering troubles

Post by tbackoff » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:55 am

Since you have no MODs, follow these instructions exactly:

*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version, EXCEPT for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
  • Let that run and then delete the install folder.
  • You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.
Please note that you will have to make sure the style you are using is updated to 3.0.7-PL1 (style and board versions MUST match).
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”